• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Suen

Apparently De Laurentiis has decided to sell him. Napoli are asking 63M€ or thereabouts and Real offer is said to be 55M€. It could very well be bullshit, but Cavani is a goner, imo.
If Cavani is a goner then winning Serie A will be nothing but a dream for Napoli....if they manage to remain there ;)

Zabojnik

If Cavani is a goner then winning Serie A will be nothing but a dream for Napoli....if they manage to remain there ;)

It's always been a dream. :D They'll be an Europa League team going forward. Juve and Milan will battle for scudetto next year, Fiorentina, Inter, Roma and Lazio for 3rd place with Fiorentina being my personal favourite. They're on the rise and Montella is a great manager.

NAPOLI MERDA.

I thought Cavani would end up at City. They definitely want him, rumours were the plans were to sell Balotelli + Dzeko and sign Cavani.

Speaking of City, heard they no longer plan to expand the Etihad and will instead try to fit more seats in to the current build. Also starting to monetize the club in ways they hadn't before.

Also heard another rumour that they were paying some stuff through 3rd parties. Dat FFP :p

Zabojnik

Suarez is a cunt but it's a better choice than Cavani. He shines in LIVERPOOL ffs

Well, yeah. Suarez is the GOAT. But our Liverpool friends here are pretty much convinced he'll stay put and I tend to believe them.

I thought Cavani would end up at City. They definitely want him, rumours were the plans were to sell Balotelli + Dzeko and sign Cavani.

I'd be okay with that. I would probably mean that they wouldn't go after Jovetic, thus increasing our very slim chances to sign him.

Suen

It's always been a dream. :D They'll be an Europa League team going forward. Juve and Milan will battle for scudetto next year, Fiorentina, Inter, Roma and Lazio for 3rd place with Fiorentina being my personal favourite. They're on the rise and Montella is a great manager.

NAPOLI MERDA.
How's Lazio and Roma doing? Apparently people keep saying Roma is on the rise, not sure about Lazio although they've done well in Europa League and not that far down in the ranking.

Clegg

Viva, if United win the league by a decent margin do you think the Glazers would try to capitalize and look for more big sponsorship dealz? Dominant league winners and all that.

Zabojnik

How's Lazio and Roma doing? Apparently people keep saying Roma is on the rise, not sure about Lazio although they've done well in Europa League and not that far down in the ranking.

It's difficult to say. Lazio have a solid team, I reckon they'll stay more or less at the same level next year. Roma is, as always, an enigma. They have some really talented young players, but they're inconsistant as crap. They're still recovering from the catastrophe that was Zeman. It'll all depend on how much the new american owners will be willing to invest in the club.

Viva, if United win the league by a decent margin do you think the Glazers would try to capitalize and look for more big sponsorship dealz? Dominant league winners and all that.
Don't really know how marketing works but I would guess that another title wouldn't really be a massive boost for the "brand". We're there or there-abouts every year so I don't know if being Champions would add £££ potential to any of our sponsorship deals. I'm sure it helps but would it be a game-changer? Not convinced tbh. Just a layman's assumption though.

They already renewed the training and shirt sponsorship, latter massively, in a relatively "weak" spell. Kit manufacturing deal will probably be announced by the end of the year too.

Can't imagine where else they'd find scope to push big apart from a stadium naming rights deal but that won't happen anytime soon IMO. Reckon we'll just keep signing up with local sponsors. Posted a while back that the club had identified 40 individual sectors in which it wanted deals in each of the world's continents.

Clegg

Don't really know how marketing works but I would guess that another title wouldn't really be a massive boost for the "brand". We're there or there-abouts every year so I don't know if being Champions would add £££ potential to any of our sponsorship deals. I'm sure it helps but would it be a game-changer? Not convinced tbh. Just a layman's assumption though.

They already renewed the training and shirt sponsorship, latter massively, in a relatively "weak" spell. Kit manufacturing deal will probably be announced by the end of the year too.

Can't imagine where else they'd find scope to push big apart from a stadium naming rights deal but that won't happen anytime soon IMO. Reckon we'll just keep signing up with local sponsors. Posted a while back that the club had identified 40 individual sectors in which it wanted deals in each of the world's continents.

Cheers for the reply.

I was just thinking that being league winners might give a little boost to Uniteds portfolio. But you're right in saying that we're always up near the top every season anyway.

Could always try and float more shares though.

TheLuficer, shouldn't that have been a red for Zapata instead of a yellow?

Pulga, italian sources reporting that Napoli have bid 55M€ for Cavani.

I'm not sure, I was leaving when I saw the replay, I thought it was definitely a yellow, a red would've been fair if Zapata was actually in front of the goal, a la Suarez.

Carbonox

Norwich 1-1 Sunderland FT

Actually happy with that I guess.

Now for Newcastle to lose this opportunity to go 10th... (Providing Spurs beat the fuck out of Fulham)

K1LLER7

Winning the CL would have more of an impact.

Linius

Waiting for an AZ comeback

wOhk09h.jpg

Cheers for the reply.

I was just thinking that being league winners might give a little boost to Uniteds portfolio. But you're right in saying that we're always up near the top every season anyway.

Could always try and float more shares though.
I think we will try to refinance the debt before that happens. @andersred was speculating that the interest rate on the repayments could be halved.

Wouldn't be that surprised if they did float more shares though. That share price is somehow up near $18 isn't it? I'm still sceptical though. Feel as though it's important we push on this summer and sign some top players but I don't know if that's going to happen. Although the latest RedIssue had a story about Fergie meeting Bale's agent :p

Anyone watching SkySports 1? How do these Pro's not understand what a handball is? Just because the ball hits the hand/arm does not make it a handball. God, I would love to blast them on live TV for this. I'm tired of commentators and pundits trying to make up their own rules

Vertonghen and Disco on the left isn't working. Bale is playing everywhere and nowhere. He should move Vertonghen into midfield, Disco to left back, and Bale to left wing.

Clegg

I think we will try to refinance the debt before that happens. @andersred was speculating that the interest rate on the repayments could be halved.

Wouldn't be that surprised if they did float more shares though. That share price is somehow up near $18 isn't it? I'm still sceptical though. Feel as though it's important we push on this summer and sign some top players but I don't know if that's going to happen. Although the latest RedIssue had a story about Fergie meeting Bale's agent :p

It's dipped a bit from $18. Right now it's $16.57. But it's still performing much better than what analysts predicted.

I'm assuming the debt refinancing will definitely happen. Our debt burden is lower now and our financial performance is pretty good. Could help us have more pull in the transfer market.

Bale signing for United would be great. Levy is the big problem though. I don't think he'd accept a penny less than £50m.

Linius

Vertonghen and Disco on the left isn't working. Bale is playing everywhere and nowhere. He should move Vertonghen into midfield, Disco to left back, and Bale to left wing.

What are you smoking? Vertonghen is a pure LCB or LB, why would you want him to play in midfield? :/

Carbonox

No Cabaye, hot diggity. Marveaux's been in great form though so hopefully he continues that with this start (which means no as he's only good as an impact sub).

Top Bottom