• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

What are you smoking? Vertonghen is a pure LCB or LB, why would you want him to play in midfield? :/

Because we have three centre backs on the pitch. It would make more sense to take one of them off, but I can't see that happening.

This is such a terrible performance so far.

K1LLER7

I think we will try to refinance the debt before that happens. @andersred was speculating that the interest rate on the repayments could be halved.

Wouldn't be that surprised if they did float more shares though. That share price is somehow up near $18 isn't it? I'm still sceptical though. Feel as though it's important we push on this summer and sign some top players but I don't know if that's going to happen. Although the latest RedIssue had a story about Fergie meeting Bale's agent :p
Perfect, He looks up to Giggs and Ronaldo :p

Tell him we'll put you on the left to take over from Giggs. Plus give him the #7 shirt like Ronaldo had at United.

Then offer 40m.

Carbonox

Wigan have some debutant in goal. Why would you do that in such a big game for them when they have Al Habsi available?

If we don't score a few, IMA BE PISSED YO.

Suen

It's difficult to say. Lazio have a solid team, I reckon they'll stay more or less at the same level next year. Roma is, as always, an enigma. They have some really talented young players, but they're inconsistant as crap. They're still recovering from the catastrophe that was Zeman. It'll all depend on how much the new american owners will be willing to invest in the club.
I've been observing Lazio for a while now, quite impressed to be honest, looking forward to see how they do. Roma sounds somewhat like my dear Arsenal :(. Didn't know their owners were American...I wonder what happens if they put as much money as the rich Sheikh does for Malaga...................:D

Either way I'll keep hoping Parma gets better :)

No way Bale stays on in the second half. My FPL trump card is bust. :( Fuck you Viva.
He's a drama queen. Will be fine.

---

Here is a picture of Kagawa when he was 7 and a cow.

746035129.jpg

/pr

Bale won't be signing for United. He will cost too much, other clubs will offer more money and I don't think United is a "dream club" for Bale.

And I don't think he's leaving Spurs this summer anyway.

Lightning

Banned
Does he have a choice? If Bale wants to go there, he will.
Yes he does have a choice. Modric wanted to go to Chelsea but Levy refused that move. Bale is on a long term deal and not Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool should be selling ANY top players to United.

Kyoufu

Yes he does have a choice. Modric wanted to go to Chelsea but Levy refused that move. Bale is on a long term deal and not Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool should be selling ANY top players to United.

Refusing a move just means he winds his contract down. Unless he's dumb and signed a long-term contract recently (he did I think lololol).

Anyway as viva says, other clubs will pay more.

GorillaJu

It's crazy. He may well be worth it to Spurs but if were spending £70m I would rather buy, say, Gotze and Isco who could probably be signed for a similar amount.

Gotze and Isco wouldn't cost 70m together, if they were to move, no way. But either of those two could potentially flop. Bale would be a revelation at United and I'm afraid we all know this. He's the exact type of player United would sign.

Gotze and Isco wouldn't cost 70m together, if they were to move, no way. But either of those two could potentially flop. Bale would be a revelation at United and I'm afraid we all know this. He's the exact type of player United would sign.
Well Isco has a £32m buy out clause and the Dortmund fans here said Gotze's is £35m.

That's true, Bale might be more of a guarantee but I'd be really surprised if Gotze and Isco didn't become top players. Both are already performing really really well. I dunno, I can see them up there with him in 2/3 years time. But yes Bale is ahead for now I agree.

Clegg

Isco won't leave Spain imo.

If any of the oil clubs show an interest then I'd expect one of Barca/Madrid to bid for him.

GorillaJu

Well Isco has a £32m buy out clause and the Dortmund fans here said Gotze's is £35m.

That's true, Bale might be more of a guarantee but I'd be really surprised if Gotze and Isco didn't become top players. Both are already performing really really well. I dunno, I can see them up there with him in 2/3 years time. But yes Bale is ahead for now I agree.

This summer, yes (about Gotze) but I don't think United would buy him this summer. For that kind of money you'd want an immediate impact.

This summer, yes (about Gotze) but I don't think United would buy him this summer. For that kind of money you'd want an immediate impact.
True.

I think it's a moot point anyway I really don't see us spending £70m this summer as it is - but if we were I would rather we didn't use it all on one player!

We need to buy CMs anyway :p

Does anyone have one of those non-Sky satellite dishes broadcasting games? Are they legal? I know a relative gets almost every game in Europe being shown live

7 goals in 6 games for mario. thank you city.

Man... Bakaye Traoré is so bad, one of the worst players we've ever had.

to be fair, we've never really seen him play at the DM position. for some reason, allegri only ever really puts him on the right wing.

allegri blows my mind sometimes with his decisions.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is nobody watching FUL x TOT, not even Usho and Bale, or are you guys on really late streams?

I only just got in from work. Put the stream on, Berba scores. It looks like we've been poop.

Top Bottom