• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

I was actually thinking that, when I watch Spurs they hardly ever seem to even have the ball in the box.

But it can't be that, a whole season and no pens - that's pretty crazy.

Watched highlights of their Swansea game in the gym earlier, Vertonghen's goal was very nice but I remember seeing Adebayor I think it was running after him to celebrate and thought to myself "I bet he wishes he could do that".

Spurs need to get rid of him and get someone preferably younger but still with a physical presence as I think it will help them a lot. Can't see Damiao going to them though.

Watched highlights of their Swansea game in the gym earlier, Vertonghen's goal was very nice but I remember seeing Adebayor I think it was running after him to celebrate and thought to myself "I bet he wishes he could do that".

Spurs need to get rid of him and get someone preferably younger but still with a physical presence as I think it will help them a lot. Can't see Damiao going to them though.

I hope we don't get Damaio....I would rather have a striker from one of the big leagues if we're going to drop £20m+ (which is what they want).

It's a tough one though, Falcao or Cavani, which one suits us more!

I hope we don't get Damaio....I would rather have a striker from one of the big leagues if we're going to drop £20m+ (which is what they want).

Sell Bale for £100 million to Anzhi and buy both

untitled-2ylqcx.gif

I'd be surprised if Levy parts with half the money it takes to sign Falcao or Cavani in the entire window let alone on one player!

Sell Bale for £100 million to Anzhi and buy both

untitled-2ylqcx.gif

Now you're talking.

Why is everyone convinced on Benteke? I mean someone has to score for Villa, I'm not sure if he's ready to make the jump yet to a bigger team. Needs another season or two to gain some consistency. Plus we shouldn't touch players with Bent at the start of their name anymore....Bent and Bentley were triffic.

He's also an Arsenal fan....

Slizz

Now you're talking.

Why is everyone convinced on Benteke? I mean someone has to score for Villa, I'm not sure if he's ready to make the jump yet to a bigger team.

I think he'll end up being better than Papiss Cisse and I'm pretty sure he's already better than Ade

Kicker says it's likely that Schürrle will leave after this season. Where will he go? Chelsea still interested? Götze and Reus taking over our transfers and buying Schürrle? Wenger finally spending money? Fergie buying another winger? Bale replacement for Tottenham?

Kicker says it's likely that Schürrle will leave after this season. Where will he go? Chelsea still interested? Götze and Reus taking over our transfers and buying Schürrle? Wenger finally spending money? Fergie buying another winger? Bale replacement for Tottenham?

Yes.

Schurrle Bale Lennon

YES.

L1NETT

Now you're talking.

Why is everyone convinced on Benteke? I mean someone has to score for Villa, I'm not sure if he's ready to make the jump yet to a bigger team.

I remember reading a funny story about Benteke. Apparently he was gutted when he went to Villa because he thought it was in London! Plank.

I can see him in a Spurs shirt though. Or Remy when QPR go down.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Levy won't pay up.

He would be amazing for Spurs though. Seems a perfect fit.

He'd pay £14m to get him, I have no doubt about that. He paid £15m for Dembele and Jol mentioned how shocked they were that Levy paid it all up front and didn't fuck around.

MIDFIELDER Jermaine Jenas has been named AirAsia Player of the Month for March.

Jenas will be presented with his award prior to kick-off at Sunday’s Premier League clash against Wigan Athletic at Loftus Road.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Fry

I doubt Robben'll score because I doubt he'll even play.

But if he does (score), I'll cum buckets of rainbows on Yurt's belly.

jtb

Banned
I think Bale is wasted playing as a number 10. should either stick to the wing or be shifted up front and converted into a striker.

Ushojax

Tottenham's a.l 13-14:

Robben - Damiao - Sinclair

tumblr_m83tks6Fjr1rys4czo1_500.gif

He's gonna cost more than £15m though won't he?

I don't really see why. He's done well but he's still a rough diamond and he's playing for one of the worst teams in the league. I certainly wouldn't pay more than £15m for him. When we start heading for £20m I expect a world class player not someone like Benteke. Levy wouldn't spend that money on one player anyway.

Slizz

GAF was all for Madrid over United and that happened, then at the same time Milan lost to Barca. It's a coin flip now.

I don't really see why. He's done well but he's still a rough diamond and he's playing for one of the worst teams in the league. I certainly wouldn't pay more than £15m for him. When we start heading for £20m I expect a world class player not someone like Benteke. Levy wouldn't spend that money on one player anyway.
Didn't Villa pay something like £12m for him? They'd want a significant profit on that, esp if they stay up.

Fry

Comolli got some stinkers on Liverpool, but he also left some good ones. Smae with Spurs.

I guess he ain't that bad.

Ushojax

In Comolli we trust.

To be fair he actually signed a lot of good players. Kaboul, Modric, Bale, BAE, Corluka, plus loveable dolts like Super Pav, Boateng, Taarabt and Gio. The trouble was we spent £30m on Bent and Bentley which just ruins everything.

Comolli got some stinkers on Liverpool, but he also left some good ones. Smae with Spurs.

I guess he ain't that bad.

The problem is the prices as much as the success

Adam £8m: Dogshite, incapable of anything, even his set pieces went to shit
Carroll £35m: Wrong player, wrong time, absolutely the wrong price
Downing £20m: Utter pussy for 15 months, no goals, no assists, overpriced. Turned it around to an extent.
Henderson £16m: Very quiet first season overpriced for the impact we needed. Turned it around as well
Coates £7m: Worth a gamble, though it hasn't worked out
Enrique £7m: Fair enough, has to keep this standard up though
Suarez £22m: Rubbish :p

Top Bottom