• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guys lets play a game to pass the time before Malaga 2-2 Dortmund. You make a world XI, but you can't have more than one player from each team.

De Gea
Lahm Silva Hummels Baines
Yaya Pirlo Sandro
Suarez Messi Ronaldo

Wilbur

Banned
Petr Cech (Chelsea)

Pablo Zabaleta (Man City)
Mats Hummels (Dortmund)
Thiago Silva (PSG)
Leighton Baines (Everton)

Arturo Vidal (Juventus)
Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern)
Moussa Dembele (Tottenham)

Luis Suarez (Liverpool)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

Guys lets play a game to pass the time before Malaga 2-2 Dortmund. You make a world XI, but you can't have more than one player from each team. If you pick Messi, you can't have Xavi or Iniesta. If you pick Buffon, you can't have Chiellini or Pirlo. If you pick Cleverley, you can't have Young or Adnan (but you can have Bebe because technically he isn't at United).

I'll think on mine

Mignolet

Zabaleta Thiago Silva Vidic Baines

Schweinsteiger Vidal Bale

Suarez Ronaldo Messi

Noirulus

Lol why is Dani Alves blaming Mourinho for the shoddy refereeing yesterday?

Even the players cant help but bring up Madrid out of their fucking ass, its unbelievable loooooooool

Holy shit the things he says in that interview are just unbelievable :lol :lol what a dumbass.

kharma45

Guys lets play a game to pass the time before Malaga 2-2 Dortmund. You make a world XI, but you can't have more than one player from each team. If you pick Messi, you can't have Xavi or Iniesta. If you pick Buffon, you can't have Chiellini or Pirlo. If you pick Cleverley, you can't have Young or Adnan (but you can have Bebe because technically he isn't at United).

I'll think on mine

-------------------Cech-------------------

Lahm------Vidic-------Thiago Silva------Baines

Ronaldo-------Xavi-------------Vidal--------Bale

--------------Falcao-----Suarez---------------

Arnie

Manager: Paulo Di Canio (Sunderland)

GK: Buffon (Juventus)

RB: Alves (Barcelona)
CB: Silva (PSG)
CB Hummels (Dortmund)
LB: Marcelo (Madrid)

CM: Osman (Everton)
CM: Henderson (Liverpool) Diamond Formation
CM: Martinez (Bayern)
CM: Isco (Malaga)

Striker: Lukaku (Chelsea)
Striker: Benteke (Villa)

tolkir

Malaga XI:

Willy; Jesús Gámez, Demichelis, Weligton (C), Antunes; Joaquín, Toulalan, Iturra, Isco; Baptista y Saviola

dc89

I'll think on mine

Hmm shit this is tough. Doing this with no referencing as I'm on my mobile, so here goes.

De Gea

Srna
Thiago Silva
Schmelzer

De Rossi
Martinez

Ronaldo
Mata
Bale

Aguero
Messi

Wilbur

Banned

CB Hummels (Dortmund)

Claim Lukaku is West Brom and you could fit in Marin instead of Isco

Is that a good market still?

A team to score in both halves, or win both halves, are always the best markets. Madrid to win both halves today is 2.2, or just above evens.

I would recommend an accumulator with that and over 2.5 goals in the Malaga/Dortmund game. Odds are 3/1, or 4.20, at PaddyPower

Wilbur

Banned
Hmm shit this is tough. Doing this with no referencing as I'm on my mobile, so here goes.

De Gea

Srna
Thiago Silva
Schmelzer

De Rossi
Martinez

Ronaldo
Mata
Bale

Aguero
Messi

Fuck De Rossi, great shout. I'd probably have him instead of Dembele.

Schmelzer's good, but over Baines, Chiellini and Cole??

Arnie

CB Hummels (Dortmund)

tumblr_mk6s3dzjLf1qbdynmo1_400.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
----------De Gea--------
Zuñiga - - - - - Zapata - - - Valdes - - - - - Armero
Cuadrado - - - - Xavi - - - - - Iniesta
James - - - - - Messi - - - - - Falcao

Why not

bud

this is hard.

diego alves (valencia)

lahm (bayern)
thiago (psg)
kompany (city)
ashley cole (chelsea)

pirlo (juve)
wilshere (arsenal)
messi (barca)

ronaldo (madrid)
falcao (atletico)
van persie (united)

that midfield gave me a boner.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll be unique and pick other players

Cavani
Ribery - Mata - Padoin Lavezzi
--Jack.W - Pirlo ---
Gareth Bale - Rio - Varane - Zabaleta
--Victor Valdes---

Lavezzi - Mata - Ribery in free roles.

Malaga XI:

Willy; Jesús Gámez, Demichelis, Weligton (C), Antunes; Joaquín, Toulalan, Iturra, Isco; Baptista y Saviola

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Santana, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Kehl - Großkreutz, M. Götze, Reus - Lewandowski

Though we will rather play a 4-3-3 with Großkreutz helping out in CM. Too bad Bender can't start, but Kehl tends to do great in CL.

trUvJWv.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Santana, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Kehl - Großkreutz, M. Götze, Reus - Lewandowski

Though we will rather play a 4-3-3 with Großkreutz helping out in CM. Too bad Bender can't start, but Kehl tends to do great in CL.

trUvJWv.jpg
Excellent team. Would prefer Hummels to be playing but Dortmund to win 2-1 in this game I reckon.

Goals to Gotze and Reus!

Disney are a bunch of cunts.

They are, but this isn't a surprise. What I don't get is why they haven't consolidated all their gaming stuff (Disney + LucasArts) under one roof and tried to move forwards that way. Seems like money being left on the table which I wouldn't have expected from them.

Excellent team. Would prefer Hummels to be playing but Dortmund to win 2-1 in this game I reckon.

Goals to Gotze and Reus!
I wish I was as optimistic :|
Hummels is injured. And if Malaga are smart, they'll stand on Gündogan's feet all day. Without Hummels that tends to kill our build-up.

I think you mean pseudo-Klopp.

Both don't start Sahin.

Nice to see the resurrection of Kevin Großkreutz.

He did horribly in the last derby, not sure if I can ever forgive him even if he scores 2 goals today - which he won't, lol

Top Bottom