• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Suen

If when we crash out next week I'm going to support Barca, furiously.

That's right fuckers.
How can you support such filth? Madrid got knocked out of CL last year by Bayern, if the same thing happen to you next week then you should be screaming LA DECIMA! Sympathize with us!

The Sun pushing journalistic boundaries:

BG9OaEOCMAEoZUp.jpg:large

Messi

Do you buy scarves too?

I have 2 rituals. I buy a scarf at every game I attend and the two Spanish pro barca tabloids after the game

Yeah, Malaga are half way out of the champions league.

I think they have a better chance now than they did before the game. It's a slim chance but it's bigger now. 1 goal for Malaga will cause havoc. I dont put it past them. Stranger things have happened.

Both are likely to exit at the group stage. Sweden might have some luck going further then that but we'd lose in the next round. Also Denmark will be better than us, as usual.

Don't worry, once Sweden is eliminated I'll let you jump on the Russia bandwagon on our way to glory*.

*Board at your own risk. Glory not guaranteed.

________Then:

I have a question for Footygaf so should i buy an El Sha Azzuri kit or a Gotze Dortmund kit?

That's awesome! Hopefully, Klopp makes him into world class player like Götze. That scoreboard is beautiful. I'm Dortmund fan now. :D Really, I hope you guys make it to the final. Dortmund really deserves after their fantastic play in the group stage. Plus, I'm getting tired of seeing overrated spanish and english teams winning the UCL.

_________Now:

Loltze is a fraud.

Dortmund are shite. Vamos Malaga!!!!!

Fuck Come on Malaga slay these german bastards!

Gotze is overrated.

DAMN bvb are shit.

Yep, timerda alright.

Dortmund should have won that. Disappointing but not a big deal though as Dortmund didnt lose so a win at home is all it takes. Totally achievable.

Yeah, I'm not giving up hope just yet. We just need more Kuba.

Lightning

Banned
I think they have a better chance now than they did before the game. It's a slim chance but it's bigger now. 1 goal for Malaga will cause havoc. I dont put it past them. Stranger things have happened.
Definitely possible. Dortmund played so well but everyone was wasteful with their chances. Disappointing really.

Don't give up hope. 1 game away from the semis in the champions league and its at home!

:lol

Watching Six Feet Under.

Man comes into flower shop where Ruth is working.

Man explains that his gf's a cheating, low-life coward.

Asks what would be the best colour of roses for this coward.

Yellow says Ruth.

Ruth asks if the man would like a personal message to her address.

Man replies "Fuck you, cunt"

Ruth replies, "I think you'd better write that yourself"

Fucking hilarious.

Not sure how I feel, we should have won. But on the other side, we didn't really play well today and still managed to have so many chances. Only Gündogan was fantasic and Großkreutz decent to good, Kehl was pretty bad, Reus tried but was never really part of this game, Götze and Lewandowski wasted chances and weren't at their best, too.

Reus and Götze in better shape, Kuba back and with Weligton and Iturra suspended, we should be able to win this at home easily.

Timurid

________Then:

_________Now:

Yep, timerda alright.

Lol Bayern are doing their job. I want the competition to be easier for PSG if they do make it through.
You'll probably win and if you win and PSG loses i want you guys in the final.
I still <3 Dortmund!

People love going through my post history damn.

Slizz

Lol Bayern are doing their job. I want the competition to be easier for PSG if they do make it through.
You'll probably win and if you win and PSG loses i want you guys in the final.
I still <3 Dortmund!

People love going through my post history damn.

You've been found out bruh.

Anytime you piss of someone for another team they are probably gonna do similar.

Meier

Question on ASIAF - if I've watched up to the end of s2 is that where then 2nd book ends?

Pretty close. The now airing 3rd season is only going to cover half of the 3rd book (roughly) but the first two seasons (series) were fairly well-aligned with the books.

Suen

sure thing

I don't believe we're going to crush juve

arsenal nearly did the "impossible". juve's going to be though :(
That must have been Bayern at it's worst though. I'll be shocked if they repeat the same mistake again. You guys only need to score one goal to make hell for Juve.

Lightning

Banned
Not sure how I feel, we should have won. But on the other side, we didn't really play well today and still managed to have so many chances. Only Gündogan was fantasic and Großkreutz decent to good, Kehl was pretty bad, Reus tried but was never really part of this game, Götze and Lewandowski wasted chances and weren't at their best, too.

Reus and Götze in better shape, Kuba back and with Weligton and Iturra suspended, we should be able to win this at home easily.
You guys played quite well. Many chances were created, should have scored, and you didn't concede a goal. Remember to take into account you were playing a decent Malaga side at home. All things considered not bad. A 1 goal victory is all that's required.

jtb

Banned
You do know he's been injured (almost) all season long, right?

when he hasn't been injured, he's looked poor. I guess we haven't seen much of him leading the line though; his skillset certainly does not seem to be a good fit for the wing.

Hixx

Finally going to watch the ep of the Office where Michael leaves. Watched the 7 seasons over the last month or two (I really fucking enjoyed 2-5!)... I feel sad :((

The character has finally grown and it's been in the last few of his episodes. Fucking TV writers.

Slizz

You do know he's been injured (almost) all season long, right?

Even when he played he was pretty bad, obviously thats some to do with coming off the injury and fitness. Him and Assaidi have looked lost out there at times.

I think I've watched more Liverpool games this season than other PL team other than United

Messi

Finally going to watch the ep of the Office where Michael leaves. Watched the 7 seasons over the last month or two (I really fucking enjoyed 2-5!)... I feel sad :((

The character has finally grown and it's been in the last few of his episodes. Fucking TV writers.

Spoilers for that episode

it's a great episode, and Jim/Michaels scene is :(

Some Europa League predictions for tomorrow cause...why the fuck not? Europa League is best league.

Benfica 2 v Newcastle United 0
Chelsea 0 v FK Rubin Kazan 0
Fenerbahce 1 v Lazio 2
Tottenham Hotspur 3 v FC Basel 1

dc89

Oh here's the Sun with another exclusive: City's Etihad stadium will be expanded to 60,000 in time for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.

Timurid

Ignore this if I'm doing a DC.

Barton start talking trash about Thiago Silva yesterday on twitter.

Thiago Silva. That the same pussy thats been injured all season. Another over rated Brazilian. Sort your hamstrings out FatBoy...
Have to take back what I said about Thiago Silva being over rated today. Been immense tonight. Still looks like a overweight ladyboy though!
Thiago Silva put in the performance of his career. What a day to call him over-rated. In hindsight, I should have waited. #bastard
Secondly, Are you Pre-Op or Post-Op? #transsexual #thiagosaladyboy

Now PSG released a statement on their site about the matter.
On social media networks today, Olympique de Marseille player Joey Barton launched an entirely unacceptable attack on Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva. These attacks represent a serious incident and go much further than a mere verbal insult.

The Club directors, players and coaching staff stand in solidarity with Thiago Silva and refuse to accept such declarations. The Club also restates its unwavering attachment to the values of respect that should be the foundation of our sport.
Thiago Silva and Paris Saint-Germain reserve the right to take any legal action it deems necessary and responsible in this incident.

What a little miserable cunt. I hope PSG takes action against this little bitch and make him shut up once and for all.

dc89

Did Silva fuck with Barton when they played in Ligue 1 or something? Why does he single him out?

Barton thinks a few Brazilian players are overhyped, YouTube players. Pretty sure he called Neymar 'pony' and the 'Justin Bieder of football'.

Top Bottom