• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

FootballFan

Fry's sister, Wilbury's and Freewheelin's mum, Mumei, Pulga's mum, Donkey, Olivia Wilde, anyone I'm missing from FootballGAF crushes?

Also I wasn't around due to lots of work and personal shit but I've been around a tad more recently. Get to watch the Europa league matches tonight as well.

Chelsea - Rubin Kazan the best shout you think??

I expect Chelsea-Rubin to be extremely boring, like all Rubin games. You've been warned. Would be shocked if even two goals were scored.

The cunt's picking up fag ends for the next few weeks so yeah, you have a point.

Mancini's holding them back just as much as basedmarwood was. I know we're the only fucking team in the country to play 4-4-2 nowadays but City should give it a go. Yaya alongside one of the holding players, Nasri/Milner and Silva out wide, two strikers. Lose some of that natural timidity that comes to him and just fucking go for it.

Does he have to do his community service in Manchester? Looking forward to the videos of people abusing him :p

I still get confused when I remember that with all their billions, City chose to buy Rodwell, Garcia, Maicon and Sinclair to bolster the squad and turn them from PL champions into PL+CL winners.

FootballFan

2KPSZdE.jpg

You think it was that mate there? He has a Kerzhakov look.

(lol Andres' height and his avatar hahaha)

edit
Forgot to add Regulus to that list. I think Andres wants some of that too.

Kicker says we ultimatum'd Lewandowski. He needs to decide till May.
Arsenal & Chelsea are prepping offers, Utd. is out.
Lewa 1:1 for Lukaku & de Bruyne or Lukaku+10m, we cool, Chelskis?

Wilbur

Banned
Kicker says we ultimatum'd Lewandowski. He needs to decide till May.
Arsenal & Chelsea are prepping offers, Utd. is out.
Lewa 1:1 for Lukaku & de Bruyne or Lukaku+10m, we cool, Chelskis?

Spurs please. Not Chelsea.

They'll pick up either Falcao or Cavani anyway I think; whichever one Madrid don't get.

bjaelke

Swiss Ramble @SwissRamble
#saintsfc 2012 revenue £22.9m (2011 £16.4m): match day £11.8m (2011 £9.3m), TV £5.6m (2011 £1.4m), commercial £5.5m (2011 £5.7m).

Saints lost £0.2m in commercial revenue after getting promoted? Surely they can't be satisfied with that.

Swiss Ramble @SwissRamble
#saintsfc 2012 revenue £22.9m (2011 £16.4m): match day £11.8m (2011 £9.3m), TV £5.6m (2011 £1.4m), commercial £5.5m (2011 £5.7m).

Saints lost £0.2m in commercial revenue after getting promoted? Surely they can't be satisfied with that.

Maybe they didn't change their home kit?

3Sixty

BG_hiUrCIAAc880.jpg:large

#saintsfc 2012 loss includes £9.5m exceptional once-off costs, due to PL promotion: mainly £5.3m staff bonuses & £4m to former loan creditor

Since year-end the #saintsfc £38m shareholder loan has been converted into share capital, virtually wiping out the club’s debt

Its all pretty old in fairness. The finances for the last 6 months were released and in very good shape.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it fair to say that Jonny Evans destroyed Stuart Holden's prospects of a career at the top level?

Probably. It's a shame because he looked really talented. Lee looked great for Bolton as well before his injury.

Feel for them; their two best players had long term injuries and their other one left for Chelsea in January.

Clegg

But then who is gonna replace Rppney?

Van Persie will go on forever and ever and ever...

Replacing RVP and Rooney in 3/4 years time will be difficult. Hernandez is good but not up to the standards of the former and Welbeck doesn't score goals. It's too early to tell with Henriquez.

Salazar

Pretty excited to see where we go without Rooney, with a new manager, with some new midfielders.

It's how a proper football club does an overhaul. Not pissing all over the place in a shameful panic because you came second.

Kenka

GAF, do you find it normal for Madrid to have a custom TV rights deal and use the money to shell out 35 millions for Modric who hasn't played a full game in this season yet ? This money could be helpful to balance out the league and allow Valencia to retain Mata, or Malaga Monreal.

It's good to have money, but if you can't do anything contructive about it, you're just taking the bread out of the mouth of your neighbour to wipe your ass with it.

Salazar

GAF, do you find it normal for Madrid

I am on record as believing that Madrid and Barcelona are piratical fucking filth.

At least the new plastic clubs funnel their own money into football. Barca and Madrid have their hands in the other clubs' pockets.

Wilbur

Banned
GAF, do you find it normal for Madrid to have a custom TV rights deal and use the money to shell out 35 millions for Modric who hasn't played a full game in this season yet ? This money could be helpful to balance out the league and allow Valencia to retain Mata, or Malaga Monreal.

It's good to have money, but if you can't do anything contructive about it, you're just taking the bread out of the mouth of your neighbour to wipe your ass with it.

Nope, it's a disgraceful practise. I have no problem with Madrid taking advantage out of the fact they're the biggest club in the world or whatever, but the television rights deal is fucking horrendous in Spain.

spidye

it depends. if you have genuinely deserved the money than yes.
if you have a sugar daddy and unlimited money you should be punished by FFP

in case of real I don't know much about their financial policies. I heard they get subsidized by the city of madrid a lot.

Top Bottom