• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Staggering...

tumblr_mkoznu6oIt1r7jzw9o2_500.gif

Left leg.

Do you guys not see it?

Edit: okay maybe he is off after all

Edit 2: actually I'm not sure now

The angle of the image makes it seem like his head and torso are beyond the line.

dc89

Thats a hard decision to call. He's leaning into an offside position but his feet appear to be in line with the Juventus player.

Aren't the officials told to favour the attacker in this instance? I'm sure I heard it once. Dumb as it sounds.

FootballFan

Thats a hard decision to call. He's leaning into an offside position but his feet appear to be in line with the Juventus player.

Aren't the officials told to favour the attacker in this instance? I'm sure I heard it once. Dumb as it sounds.

Whatever body part that can be used to make contact with the ball is what counts.

So the left foot of the Juve player makes the offside line, and the top of the Bayern player's shoulder are the points that should be analysed. At least that is what I've been told haha.

He is offside, but just by a little, not close to Ibra's offside.

What the fuck fry loooooooooool you blind cunt

Mandzukic's head (closest playable body part to goal) is dead in line with the defender's foot (offside line)

He's onside, judging by that shot

4 CL matches, inclusing Bayern vs Juve, and we still couldn't get the 5,000 we needed to get to the new thread. Didn't even get close actually. Really weird.

edit: Only 2,750 posts since Tuesday's kickoffs :O

Whatever body part that can be used to make contact with the ball is what counts.

So the left foot of the Juve player makes the offside line, and the top of the Bayern player's shoulder are the points that should be analysed. At least that is what I've been told haha.

Correct.

Some people really don't know the rule.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Look at the color of the grass to determine where he was.

It looked offside in motion

It looks offside in that picture

It looked offside post match in the replays.

Shit happens.

FootballFan

4 CL matches, inclusing Bayern vs Juve, and we still couldn't get the 5,000 we needed to get to the new thread. Didn't even get close actually. Really weird.

edit: Only 2,750 posts since Tuesday's kickoffs :O

The Remuntada killed footballGAF in the last thread. People had posts saved on Word Pad with many lols and "the end of an era". They were denied by The Football Gods.

Wilbury barely posting, Kyufou has like 30 posts in this thread, Andres went missing, Pulga didn't post after Honduras got humiliate.. I mean he was at a beach, so yeah. It's those guys' fault. Cunts.

edit
Koofoo has 350+ posts wtf. Feels like he hasn't posted in this thread haha. And Wilbury has 400+ too. Well then looks like I have no explanation. lol

Oh I know. Half this thread is Man United fans(Glory glory mann reds!), and they are out of the CL and already won EPL so maybe that is why.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Remuntada killed footballGAF in the last thread. People had posts saved on Word Pad with many lols and "the end of an era". They were denied by The Football Gods.

Wilbury barely posting, Kyufou has like 30 posts in this thread, Andres went missing, Pulga didn't post after Honduras got humiliate.. I mean he was at a beach, so yeah. It's those guys' fault. Cunts.

edit
Koofoo has 350+ posts wtf. Feels like he hasn't posted in this thread haha.

I was away for the majority of this OT as well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gianluigi Buffon has apologised to Juventus and their fans after the defeat to Bayern Munich and “cannot object” to Franz Beckenbauer’s scathing criticism.

The goalkeeper did not seem his usual self in last night’s 2-0 Champions League quarter-final loss.

“It happens in this profession to make mistakes,” Buffon told Italian TV show Striscia La Notizia.

“I’m disappointed, as the game was compromised, so I have to apologise to the team and the fans.”

Honorary Bayern Munich President Beckenbauer caused controversy when he said Buffon “seemed like a pensioner” when letting David Alaba’s deflected effort go past him after 30 seconds.

“I cannot object to anything, as Beckenbauer is an old sage. We all just have to stay quiet and wait for the next game to make up for it.”

See, now this is class.

And it wasn't his fault anyway. One goal was a deflection and the other one was offside. He made a few vital saves in both halves.

edit
Koofoo has 350+ posts wtf. Feels like he hasn't posted in this thread haha. And Wilbury has 400+ too. Well then looks like I have no explanation. lol

Oh I know. Half this thread is Man United fans(Glory glory mann reds!), and they are out of the CL and already won EPL so maybe that is why.

Just checked and wtf I'm in the top 10 on the wall of shame for this thread. I don't think I've ever even been close before. Dat international break I guess.

lol@Gala's defending for Benzema's goal. He has time to mistouch the ball, look around for it, and stride up to it to slot it in. All of that 8 yards from goal.

Ha, Ronaldo has precisely a goal a game in all comps this season

Wilbur

Banned
No. He's just taken on Elsk's burden of being a psychotically pissy Bayern fan to compensate for how chill Bla is.

Except for when Bla isn't, lol.

Fuenf's the chill one, Sal. Bla used to be rational but he develops rabies any time anyone mentions the colour yellow.

@Milanello: Time magazine has elected Balotelli as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2012.

That's like winning a Scudetto, right?

Also, lol Time.

Wilbur

Banned
Also I wasn't around due to lots of work and personal shit but I've been around a tad more recently. Get to watch the Europa league matches tonight as well.

Chelsea - Rubin Kazan the best shout you think??

Wilbur

Banned
Guys I havent masturbated in over a week and feel absolutely no need to do so.

Whats wrong with me :(

Take the Polaroids of your mum out of the locked chest in the basement.

It would have to be the biggest one-window overhaul in English history.

You have far too many average players, and far too many great players who haven't played well enough all season.

You have a league-winning back 5, but ahead of that? Nah.

Silva/Aguero/Tevez/Dzeko is a quality front line on paper to be honest. But they have a poor midfield for a team that wants to do well domestically and in Europe. Far too conservative in that department; when you're starting two of Barry/Milner/Garcia/Rodwell every game, something's fucking up.

Silva/Aguero/Tevez/Dzeko is a quality front line on paper to be honest. But they have a poor midfield for a team that wants to do well domestically and in Europe. Far too conservative in that department; when you're starting two of Barry/Milner/Garcia/Rodwell every game, something's fucking up.

That's just it though. On paper. Only Dzeko and Tevez have turned up this season, and with Dzeko that's only when he comes off the bench. Tevez's quality is not in question, but can he be trusted to be available every game? I don't think so.

FootballFan

Also I wasn't around due to lots of work and personal shit but I've been around a tad more recently. Get to watch the Europa league matches tonight as well.

Chelsea - Rubin Kazan the best shout you think??

Rondon will embarrass Chelsea. You watch. Andres doubted Sviat and I, but he is a believer now too. #Rondon2015BallonDor

Wilbur

Banned
That's just it though. On paper. Only Dzeko and Tevez have turned up this season, and with Dzeko that's only when he comes off the bench. Tevez's quality is not in question, but can he be trusted to be available every game? I don't think so.

The cunt's picking up fag ends for the next few weeks so yeah, you have a point.

Mancini's holding them back just as much as basedmarwood was. I know we're the only fucking team in the country to play 4-4-2 nowadays but City should give it a go. Yaya alongside one of the holding players, Nasri/Milner and Silva out wide, two strikers. Lose some of that natural timidity that comes to him and just fucking go for it.

pulga

Banned
Take the Polaroids of your mum out of the locked chest in the basement.

Lololol which reminds me, I still need to stalk frys sister.

There is definitely something wrong with you...You didn't reply to my ASoS PM. I've done it! READ IT!

Best fucking book ever, amirite?
red wedding! Purple wedding! New lord commander! Tywin taking a shit! Zombie Cat!
god i wish I could go back and read it all again

Top Bottom