• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Blablurn

I agree with Fry. And I wrote my statement yesterday. The hate we face changed from funny to annoying over the time. and you know what, it's not even coming from the dortmund fans. they behave good lately.

and here is a photo of götze peeing

4,w=591,c=0.bild.jpeg

Arnie

It's snowing. Out comes the jacket

FFFFFFFFFFFF (ry)

Going to divert from Fry's meltdown to bring some RAWKish truth to this thread. The Guardian have a brilliant article about the evolving role of the playmaker, and how Tony Kroos is the playmaker of the future. Now, quick test, in this paragraph replace all mentions of Kroos with Jordan Henderson, and tell me it doesn't make sense.

By contrast, Kroos is dynamic and hardworking. He can play at the back of midfield or at the front, in the centre or on the flank. He could almost certainly play as a box-to-box midfielder in a 4-4-2 if he ever were asked to do something so archaic. He is creative without being flash, breaks up play without being violent. He is physically robust without being a monster and astute in possession without over-reaching. He has an understated efficiency that means he probably isn't appreciated as much as he ought to be.

Jordan Henderson || Playmaker 2015 || 4D

Wilbur

Banned
The Toon are gonna get smashed.

I really think Spurs will go all the way and win it they have the AVB swag.

Hope so. Anyone but Chelsea please. And Rubin because it'll break Svia's heart.

I agree with Fry. And I wrote my statement yesterday. The hate we face changed from funny to annoying over the time. and you know what, it's not even coming from the dortmund fans. they behave good lately.

and here is a photo of götze peeing

4,w=591,c=0.bild.jpeg

Christ, this is the reason why I want Bayern to lose. I genuinely had no reason whatsoever to dislike them until you guys started whining that people disliked you. Man the fuck up.

Wilbur

Banned
FFFFFFFFFFFF (ry)

Going to divert from Fry's meltdown to bring some RAWKish truth to this thread. The Guardian have a brilliant article about the evolving role of the playmaker, and how Tony Kroos is the playmaker of the future. Now, quick test, in this paragraph replace all mentions of Kroos with Jordan Henderson, and tell me it doesn't make sense.

Jordan Henderson || Playmaker 2015 || 4D

my god

it's true

Our first Ballon d'Or since Michael Owen and after Danny Welbeck will go to Hendiety

Fry

Christ, this is the reason why I want Bayern to lose. I genuinely had no reason whatsoever to dislike them until you guys started whining that people disliked you. Man the fuck up.

Open you eyes a little bit. It makes impossible to discuss about the team we like. All is left to to whine and complain.Your team is disliked as well, but it has also the most support in this thread, so it doesn't become a problem to you.

All I want to do here is to talk about football, but that doesn't seem to be possible. That's why we have so much shit being talked about here, that's when we leave all allegiances behind, get in the right mood for silly talking and everything flows right.

Kenka

Madrid "deserve" their money but they're still damaging their own league.

It's not really about deserve. It's more of a moral obligation to take into account the league as a whole - or whether there should be an obligation at all.

There must be. Football is there to make the masses cheer, to act like an enhancer of local culture and a recognizable brand of a region. It's also an ambassador that can greatly influence the attractivity of a region, or people. Madrid get their money from the Spanish state, therefore it's only normal that they pay attention to the situation of football in other regions of Spain too. It's not a moral obligation, it's almost payback for the generosity they benefit from.

Now, even in places clubs don't directly get help from the state, a non-written principle of solidarity applies, just like when Bayern saved Dortmund from bankruptcy by lending money to it to honour short-term bills.

I don't dislike Madrid but their selfish behaviour is sociopathic in the strict sense. Add to that they can't win titles and mismanage their money and you have a national problem. I am almost 100% positive Real Madrid has a more negative than positive effect on the Spanish economy and international perception. But that must be measured with relevant metrics at hand.

Arnie

my god

it's true

Our first Ballon d'Or since Michael Owen and after Danny Welbeck will go to Hendiety

Just went onto the official website, first story comes up with this.

Jordan Henderson has revealed how part of his plan to earn regular starts under Brendan Rodgers involves staying behind after training sessions for finishing practice.

It's happening.

Wilbur

Banned
Open you eyes a little bit. It makes impossible to discuss about the team we like. All is left to to whine and complain.Your team is disliked as well, but it has also the most support in this thread, so it doesn't become a problem to you.

All I want to do here is to talk about football, but that doesn't seem to be possible. That's why we have so much shit being talked about here, that's when we leave all alliances behind, get in the right mood for silly talking and everything flows right.

Bollocks. No one stops you from talking about Bayern. It's not only Bayern fans that talk about Bayern. You're making it out like we say fuck Bayern to everything without any substance or talk about them whatsoever, and that's fucking nonsense. Just ignore whatever tongue in cheek comment comes your way and continue the debate, or lighten up and take it on the chin.

The only reason I joined GAF was to talk football, and I'd be very surprised if I looked back through my post history and found that despite the dick and poop talk, most of it still wasn't about football. And it's the same for everyone here.

WJD

David De Gea ‏@D_DeGea 2m
Thanks for the CD's @RhinoRecordsUK
Great albums!! Metal will never die...

HE'S SO COOL

BG9KjImCEAAV8VB.jpg

not offside.

That is offside.

Very offside, actually.

HOLY SHIT DINHO

Go re-read Law 11.

lol

Worst post about football in recent memory.

let all your anger out already, manc.

That's totally offside

Welp, time for Conte to ask the mafia to bribe UEFA.

Seriously shouldn't have counted and their home leg would be far more exciting if Bayern only had one goal.

Are you fucking blind you Nickelback loving cuntsweat?

Not offside.

super offside

I think he's being sarcastic?

Fry used to just have shitty taste. Now he's gone over into the objectively wrong category. Fry's knowledge of the offside rule is as good as half the posters from the Euro 2012 thread.

Wtf spoiler tag man. Fuck. First Arnie and Clegg with Bioshock, now this. Football Thread | Spoiler Island.

edit
:lolol I won't even quote you Fry but that is so offside. So offside.

Staggering...

He is onside. Look at the left leg of the defender

What the fuck fry loooooooooool you blind cunt

Lol fry get over it, I know we all did.

Thats a hard decision to call. He's leaning into an offside position but his feet appear to be in line with the Juventus player.

Aren't the officials told to favour the attacker in this instance? I'm sure I heard it once. Dumb as it sounds.

That's a tight call at full motion. No where near as clear cut as the Ibra goal against Barca.

Mandzukic's head (closest playable body part to goal) is dead in line with the defender's foot (offside line)

He's onside, judging by that shot

4 CL matches, inclusing Bayern vs Juve, and we still couldn't get the 5,000 we needed to get to the new thread. Didn't even get close actually. Really weird.

edit: Only 2,750 posts since Tuesday's kickoffs :O

Whatever body part that can be used to make contact with the ball is what counts.

So the left foot of the Juve player makes the offside line, and the top of the Bayern player's shoulder are the points that should be analysed. At least that is what I've been told haha.

He is offside, but just by a little, not close to Ibra's offside.

These are pretty much all the replies to Fry's post.

3 United fans - Sal, Me and Wilbur.

80%.

Kenka

Fry8 is really going for the drama, you guys are falling in his trap.

Not many hate Bayern, they are a well managed club that is conscious of its role and environment. They are largely independent financially, are owned by their fans for the most part and have built a team without spending like crazy (this last part should be put in brackets actually).

Plus, they are regularly successful.

There must be. Football is there to make the masses cheer, to act like an enhancer of local culture and a recognizable brand of a region. It's also an ambassador that can greatly influence the attractivity of a region, or people. Madrid get their money from the Spanish state, therefore it's only normal that they pay attention to the situation of football in other regions of Spain too. It's not a moral obligation, it's almost payback for the generosity they benefit from.

Now, even in places clubs don't directly get help from the state, a non-written principle of solidarity applies, just like when Bayern saved Dortmund from bankruptcy by lending money to it to honour short-term bills.

I don't dislike Madrid but their selfish behaviour is sociopathic in the strict sense. Add to that they can't win titles and mismanage their money and you have a national problem. I am almost 100% positive Real Madrid has a more negative than positive effect on the Spanish economy and international perception. But that must be measured with relevant metrics at hand.
I agree with you 100%.

It was just a reply in reference to Spidye's post about FFP. I don't think this is something which is or should be effected by FFP (although you could argue that when some teams have their own independent TV deals it's not fair on those who are bound by their league, but then it's just another hole in the FFP plans!).

But back to the point, yeah I think it's a shame Madrid (and Barca) are weighing down on the rest of their league so much. But it isn't just those two, the clubs getting into debt themselves and the Spanish FA have to take responsibility also.

Hixx

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 24m
63% - Of all players to play 20+ times for Sunderland in the PL, Danny Dichio has the best win percentage (P27 W17). DJ.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeech
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom