• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Salazar

Blackburn Rovers managing director Derek Shaw has been told to stay away from Ewood Park during an investigation into the compensation owed to former boss Henning Berg.
On Wednesday Shaw received notice of the disciplinary inquiry in a letter.

Berg, who was sacked in late December , says he is owed approximately £2m and has taken his claim to the High Court.

Global advisor Shebby Singh will fly to India on Thursday for meetings with owners Venky's to discuss the matter.

Can't even fucking sack a manager without cocking it up.

it depends. if you have genuinely deserved the money than yes.
if you have a sugar daddy and unlimited money you should be punished by FFP

in case of real I don't know much about their financial policies. I heard they get subsidized by the city of madrid a lot.
Madrid "deserve" their money but they're still damaging their own league.

It's not really about deserve. It's more of a moral obligation to take into account the league as a whole - or whether there should be an obligation at all.

http://gabrielfuh.com.br/promised-manchester-united-bruno-gomes-sao-paulo/#.UV1cvsoQZaG

This chap says other clubs are interested in Gomes and he may go there instead of United. I'm not sure how that could happen as I though United had first rights of refusal.
Oh man. But Bruno wants United. Look at the pics.

Feorax

Daily Star with a no quote no effort link with Liverpool move for JROD.

Wankers.

What a crappy link. Jay is doing great at Southampton, why would he move to sit on our bench?

If we move for anyone it would be Luke Shaw, but I'd expect to have to pay stupid money for him anyway.

bjaelke

EU suspects state aid in football - Real Madrid studied
The EU is studying allegations that some top football clubs, including Real Madrid, have received state aid in violation of EU competition rules.

A European Commission spokesman said it was still too early to tell whether the evidence was strong enough to justify a formal investigation.

Last month the EU began examining five Dutch clubs, including PSV Eindhoven, over suspected state aid.

Now Real Madrid is under scrutiny too. Fines can be levied for rule-breaking.

In the 2011-2012 season Real Madrid was Europe's richest club in terms of income, the auditors Deloitte's reported in January.

A Commission spokesman, Antoine Colombani, told BBC News that "at this stage we are just analysing information which is available to us", confirming that Real Madrid was one of the clubs concerned.

Accusations have been made about a Real Madrid property deal. In the late 1990s the club bought a prime plot of land in Madrid from the city government. Thirteen years later the value of the land was estimated to be more than 50 times what Real Madrid had paid for it.

The suspicion is that the sale of the land at an underestimated price constituted illegal aid to the club, reports the BBC's Dejan Radojevic.

Real Madrid has denied receiving privileged treatment from the authorities. It suggested the land had gone up in value because of urban regeneration in Madrid and a general rise in the property market during that period.

Under new rules football clubs are banned from entering European competitions if they spend more than they earn.
Dirty Madrid

Clegg

That just means they have to accept a bid from utd if they accept a bid from another club too doesn't it? Didn't think it meant the player has to go to utd if he leaves

This chap is making out like he won't sign for United no matter what happens. I just find that a bit odd.

Fry

:lol

Fry is becoming a parody of himself.

What's the fucking problem in thinking that wasn't offside? I don't think it's as clear as you guys think (coincidently, 80% are self-centered Manchester United fans). It was almost impossible to call it out by the human eye. Some even might say the tie was ruined by that decision. FUCKING LOL.

Get over yourself. You are all Bayern haters and this thread has become a joke. It's not a discussion about football anymore (it never was). Its a discussion abour YOUR football team and how others are crap.

What's the fucking problem in thinking that wasn't offside? I don't think it's as clear as you guys think (coincidently, 80% are self-centered Manchester United fans). It was almost impossible to call it out by the human eye. Some even might say the tie was ruined by that decision. FUCKING LOL.

Get over yourself. You are all Bayern haters and this thread has become a joke. It's not a discussion about football anymore (it never was). Its a discussion abour YOUR football team and how others are crap.

Calm down bro

Oh shut up.

You're a baby.

Clegg

Dry up.

There's a lot of discussion about football in this thread which you seem to have pointedly ignored.

Arnie

As with all offside decisions, I'd rather the odd marginal one be allowed to stand than see legitimate goals scrubbed out because of trigger happy, under pressure linesmen. Ask yourself the question, does that extra half a foot make the difference between a goal or not, if no, keep shtum.

As with all offside decisions, I'd rather the odd marginal one be allowed to stand than see legitimate goals scrubbed out because of trigger happy, under pressure linesmen. Ask yourself the question, does that extra half a foot make the difference between a goal or not, if no, keep shtum.
Heh that's how I feel too but then you end up deciding at which point there is a benefit to be gained.

So I think the rule as it is is pretty much the only way it can be.

I sort of agree with you (as I said before) in that either way it was very close, and from that angle it's not clear, but what the fuck are you doing?

Wilbur

Banned
What's the fucking problem in thinking that wasn't offside?

Because replays seem to conclude it was offside

(coincidently, 80% are self-centered Manchester United fans)

Self-centred how?

It was almost impossible to call it out by the human eye. Some even might say the tie was ruined by that decision. FUCKING LOL.

There's a difference between saying the referee fucked up, and between saying its offside. Which it was. I'm not blaming the ref. But it was offside.

Sorry Fry, but fuck off. The Bayern hate is all a joke, which isn't the same for Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, United, Liverpool. No one else fucking cries like you do when someone else hates on their club. You're just too easy to get at. Who the fuck else cares when people say UEFAlona, laugh at Lolerpool or City? No one else gives a shit. It's only you that cries when we disagree with an offside opinion

And all the only United shit; if you can't see that half our posts talk about how shit our team is and the other half is tongue in cheek, then you're just horrendously one eyed.

I like you Fry. You're fun. But you're being a fucking weirdo.

Arnie

#teamFry

Fuck Dortmund. They cost me a naughty two spot last night with their profligate finishing. Gotze spends too much time filleting himself in public, and not enough time sticking his balls in the net.

:lol my phone corrected fellating to filleting

Fry

Fixed that for you, darling.

You're a whiner. All you ever do is moan.

Ironically that is something typical of self-centred people.

If you don't like it then do one. You already did once.

Oh really? I'm whining? I posted my opinion about something, I got 10 replys of people abusing me, and then it's me whining? Are you fucking kidding me?

Go fuck yourself. You and your annoying friends who have dominated this thread and deliberately ruined it.

Oh really? I'm whining? I posted my opinion about something, I got 10 replys of people abusing me, and then it's me whining? Are you fucking kidding me?

Go fuck yourself. You and your annoying friends who have dominated this thread and deliberately ruined it.
Keep going.

This might even make RAWK Meltdown.

Wilbur

Banned

Looooooool

You're nuts. You've gone off the deep end. You've gone full Dalglish.

Salazar

FC Kansas City. Hard as fuck.

Boobs decrease from L to R.

rEeXcvk.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit Fry meltdown. I don't think anyone here actually hates Bayern except for the Dortmund fans.

I distinctly remember Viva and I explicitly stating we like Bayern. But because we disagree with an offside... we're Bayern haters and we can fuck off because we deliberately ruin the thread by talking about our club. Looooooooool

New rule: never talk about the club you support. Sorry Fady. You can't talk about anyone.

Wilbur

Banned
Fantastic. I hope I don't go full Alex Ferguson because I'd be reaching your levels of cynicism and cuntitude.

Cynicism? Because being an optimistic bundle of honey spunk means I think Bayern should profit from all close call offside decisions?

what are you talking about

im so scared

jtb

Banned
I never understood the whole "stop hating on team X" stuff. If people hate your team, you must be doing something right. embrace it.

Top Bottom