• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Fintan

Are Rubin Kazan any good? Don't really know anything about them.

I wonder if Paolo will play tonight, maybe give Bertrand a rest for the weekend.

Kenka

Serie A: Schuldenberge wachsen

Trotz einer strengen Sparpolitik und steigender Umsätze wächst die Verschuldung der italienischen Erstligisten weiter an.

Die Verschuldung der 20 Vereine der Serie A steigerte sich in der Saison 2011/12 um 8,8 Prozent auf 2,9 Milliarden Euro.
Das geht aus einer am Donnerstag veröffentlichten Studie des italienischen Fußballverbands (FIGC) hervor, die von der Gesellschaft PricewaterhouseCoopers durchgeführt wurde.

In der vergangenen Saison sind die Umsätze der italienischen Profi-Klubs um sieben Prozent auf 2,7 Milliarden Euro gestiegen. 81 Prozent entfallen auf die Serie A, 14 Prozent auf die Serie B, der Rest auf die Dritte Liga.

Die Kosten der Profi-Klubs betrugen in der vergangenen Saison drei Milliarden Euro, das sind 4,4 Prozent mehr als in der vergangenen Saison.
Die Verluste betrugen 388 Millionen Euro, das sind zehn Prozent weniger als in der Spielzeit davor.
Die Gewinne durch den Verkauf von Spielern sind um 21 Prozent gegenüber der Vorsaison auf 537 Millionen Euro gewachsen.

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fu...ll_international_serie_a/newspage_697121.html

Holy s-h-i-t.
Despite recent efforts to clean the debt mess in Serie A and a increase in revenue of 7% (220M€), the losses combined of all clubs has only decreased by 10% and seemingly, a sizeable part of it comes from the sale of players since the transfer incomes have increased by 21% (or 100M€).

It's not far-fetched to say that SerieA is selling players to keep reducing the debt.

FFFFFFFFFFFF (ry)

Going to divert from Fry's meltdown to bring some RAWKish truth to this thread. The Guardian have a brilliant article about the evolving role of the playmaker, and how Tony Kroos is the playmaker of the future. Now, quick test, in this paragraph replace all mentions of Kroos with Jordan Henderson, and tell me it doesn't make sense.

Jordan Henderson || Playmaker 2015 || 4D
Interesting. Kroos is fantastic, the Bayern fans here seem to be on his case quite a bit, usually about his work-ethic? He was amazing in the game at the Bernabeu last season I thought.

Interesting discussion point on that play-maker role. I think Wilshere is quite similar to Kroos in many ways.

Wilbur

Banned
Are Rubin Kazan any good? Don't really know anything about them.

I wonder if Paolo will play tonight, maybe give Bertrand a rest for the weekend.

Quality striker, hard to break down, will be tough at home. That's all I know. I reckon you'll win tonight though.

Clegg

Interesting. Kroos is fantastic, the Bayern fans here seem to be on his case quite a bit, usually about his work-ethic? He was amazing in the game at the Bernabeu last season I thought.

Interesting discussion point on that play-maker role. I think Wilshere is quite similar to Kroos in many ways.

It's a shame that injuries have robbed him of 16 months of playing time.

Fintan

Quality striker, hard to break down, will be tough at home. That's all I know. I reckon you'll win tonight though.
Hmmm, in the other games we've fucked up the away leg and (barely) recovered it at home. So we'll have to build up a reasonable lead for the away leg to make sure.

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah, I think Kroos is a magnificent player, and a very modern midfielder. Whereas you used to be able to describe someone as jack of all trades, master of none, I think Kroos, Wilshere and arguably Dembele are all players who look comfortable in front of goal, tracking back, laying it on, getting stuck in, can run with the ball...

Kroos is fantastic. Really is. I don't watch him week in week out so obviously the Bayern fans will know more about his work rate, but he's sublime.

Mastadon

Banned
OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 24m
63% - Of all players to play 20+ times for Sunderland in the PL, Danny Dichio has the best win percentage (P27 W17). DJ.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeech
KuGsj.gif

The only game I can remember Dichio even playing in was when we beat you 6-0 at your place in 2004 I think it was. Ronnie Wallwork played too and missed an open goal :lol

Yeah, I think Kroos is a magnificent player, and a very modern midfielder. Whereas you used to be able to describe someone as jack of all trades, master of none, I think Kroos, Wilshere and arguably Dembele are all players who look comfortable in front of goal, tracking back, laying it on, getting stuck in, can run with the ball...

Kroos is fantastic. Really is. I don't watch him week in week out so obviously the Bayern fans will know more about his work rate, but he's sublime.
Not sure about Dembele.

He is very good, would have been awesome for us (was so wrong about that!) but I don't know if his passing game is up there.

Wilbur

Banned
Not sure about Dembele.

He is very good, would have been awesome for us (was so wrong about that!) but I don't know if his passing game is up there.

Yeah he's not as good, but he can do everything pretty fucking well. Should have gone for him.

Fucking Gill/Frogson

Hixx

The only game I can remember Dichio even playing in was when we beat you 6-0 at your place in 2004 I think it was. Ronnie Wallwork played too and missed an open goal :lol

I can't remember ever being beat by Liverpool 6-0 home or away... In 2004 we were in the Championship anyway

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fu...ll_international_serie_a/newspage_697121.html

Holy s-h-i-t.
Despite recent efforts to clean the debt mess in Serie A and a increase in revenue of 7% (220M€), the losses combined of all clubs has only decreased by 10% and seemingly, a sizeable part of it comes from the sale of players since the transfer incomes have increased by 21% (or 100M€).

It's not far-fetched to say that SerieA is selling players to keep reducing the debt.

They don't even own their fucking stadiums. Serie A is dead and we're loving it.

There's a common spelling mistake and with another United too .

De God. I can't see why it happens. Sounds nothing like his name.
:lol

I'm reading GoT again. It's so long. Just wanna finish it quickly. Got like 300 pages to go :(

Sat in the library watching Suso videos. I'm a broken human being.

Quite excited for the Europa League tonight.
Suso hasn't played in ages. It was too soon for him I guess. Is he gonna be loaned next year?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Leighton Baines has created the most goalscoring chances in Europe’s top 5 leagues this season (96)

Arnie

Suso hasn't played in ages. It was too soon for him I guess. Is he gonna be loaned next year?

It's all baby steps, he's done fine for his debut season in the first team. We needed the likes of him and Sterling when our squad was so thin, but once we were able to reinforce they could take a more peripheral role and float between the first team and the U21s. They're both still training with the first team, so that alone is massive for their development, as is playing in some huge first team matches.

Coutinho's two years older than Suso, but I expect Suso to at least be at his level at that age, and if I'm honest I think he'll be better. He's got so much to his game at 18, it's all about slowly building up experience and consistency.

This season was about breaking them in, giving them some opportunities, and most importantly getting them to commit their long term futures to the club.

Leighton Baines has created the most goalscoring chances in Europe’s top 5 leagues this season (96)
Doesn't shock me. The lad's class.

United should've bought him. They still should.

Said all this last summer. Said how he'll win you points. People said he was too expensive.

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro 10m
Marseille head of communications: "Joey explained to me that in England it's not unusual for players to mock each other on social networks'

:lol

What the hell. This guy....

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Harry:

“I wouldn’t take it [the England job] now, no, not now, not in the future,” said Redknapp, who opted against taking charge of Ukraine’s national team to join Queens Park Rangers last November following a tumultuous period in his career during which he was cleared on two counts of tax evasion in February.

“That was my time, really, if I was going to get it. Last year, there were a lot of things that went against me surrounding that massive contractual clause. People will always deny that is the reason, the FA couldn’t say that and I won’t say, but it didn’t help me.

“I had such a badly loaded contract it was crazy, in Tottenham’s favour. That’s what you get for not reading your contract properly.

How could you read it if you can barely read to start with? Utter twat.

jtb

Banned
I love how Redknapp basically says "Oh I won't say... but, fuck it, I'll say it anyways." all he does is whine and try to shift the blame, while the press fawns over him.

Harry:

How could you read it if you can barely read to start with? Utter twat.
I don't get it? He thinks he would have got the England job but his contract at Spurs was the problem in terms of buying it out?

I get that he's a complete lemon, a loveable one to some, but I don't know how you can treat him with such disdain considering what he did for your club.
I agree.

Relegation to 4th. Obv. they would not have actually been relegated but that's still quite amazing.

Harry did a great service for us and will go down as one of our best managers but some of his comments (even whilst in charge) were pretty pathetic and he should've kept his mouth shut.

That's his problem though, he can't help but talk and talk and sometimes he comes across as a right twat but other times he comes across as a great bloke. He's not a loyal person, he'd go to anyone who showed him some money but I think deep down the England job was his last big chance, now he is in charge of a team who will go down unless a miracle happens and he will be managing in the championship....not exactly the way to bow out, I think deep down he wants to go back to West Ham (who look like they've established themselves as a comfortable premiership team again) but he doesn't get on with Trev does he?

What's the fucking problem in thinking that wasn't offside? I don't think it's as clear as you guys think (coincidently, 80% are self-centered Manchester United fans). It was almost impossible to call it out by the human eye. Some even might say the tie was ruined by that decision. FUCKING LOL.

Get over yourself. You are all Bayern haters and this thread has become a joke. It's not a discussion about football anymore (it never was). Its a discussion abour YOUR football team and how others are crap.

Homeland sucks.

Ushojax

I don't get it? He thinks he would have got the England job but his contract at Spurs was the problem in terms of buying it out?

Nah, during his coust case he claims that he can't read/write and that experienced lawyers/accountants handle his contracts and financial affairs. Now he complains that his contract buy-out was too big. Maybe he should have fucking looked at it.

Harry did well for us, there is no doubt about that. He got the players onside after the tyrannical Ramos but let's not forget that Jol had us finishing 5th in his last season and missing CL on the last day. Harry had very good squads and in both 10/11 and 12/12 he didn't get the best out of them, the squad we had last season should have finished third.

My ill will towards him is not really based on what he achieved on the pitch (although he did some spectacularly stupid things) but more due to the complete lack of respect he showed the club from January 2012 through to the end of last season. It simply isn't appropriate to talk about getting other jobs when you are managing a top club, it destablised things completely. Despite insisting all year that 'the players don't care who the manager is', when he didn't get the England job and started fishing for a new contract (on live television during some punditry) he claimed that it was 'not right for the players' to have a manager whose contract was expiring. He was a chancer and whilst I'm generally happy with our results during his time, I don't miss him at all. He got some of our player playing really well but this team:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King BAE
Parker Modric
Lennon VDV Bale
Adebayor

should not have gone 3 months without an away goal during that England talk period. That's all on him.

Apparently Yaya Toure is going to sign a new deal at City. 4 year contract @ £200+k p/w.

30 in a few weeks but had to be done I think. Just too good a player.

Holy shit what did you guys do to Fry again? :(

We didn't do shit. For some reason he thinks "Fuck Bayern" is serious business. He also thinks United fans only say it's offside, not because it's literally offside, but because we're out to get Bayern.

Don't get me wrong. I want Bayern to lose from now on. Elsk made me this way. Long may it continue.

#blameElsk

Ushojax

Apparently Yaya Toure is going to sign a new deal at City. 4 year contract @ £200+k p/w.

30 in a few weeks but had to be done I think. Just too good a player.

When he can be arsed, best CM in the PL, a complete player.

It did look to me like he had stopped caring during the first half of the season, though.

Top Bottom