• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

The only person that whines more than Fry is Mario Götze trying to push a move through to Old Trafford.

Odemwingie wins the whinging and meltdown categories so far

I asked this on RAWK earlier, wonder how you guys will answer.

Has Rodgers' decision to turn down the chance to move for Sneijder, and instead go for Coutinho, been redeemed already, or is it too early to tell?

Wilbur

Banned
I asked this on RAWK earlier, wonder how you guys will answer.

Has Rodgers' decision to turn down the chance to move for Sneijder, and instead go for Coutinho, been redeemed already, or is it too early to tell?

Redeemed already. Far cheaper, lesser wages, not on the decline, not overrated. Good one Brenty

Rather Baltic down 'ere. Not looking forward to work tonight.

Do you work nights as well? Its been killing me these last 4 weeks. Keep missing meals (which is terrible since I only eat 2 meals a day,) oversleeping, undersleeping, getting colds. Just making me feel a bit run down :(

@Timu, if your spoken English is decent, watch The Office (UK version) :)

Slizz

Look at the inviting stadium my local team plays in:

alIdfTN.jpg

Red box is where you go to die........ or tailgate.

Tweet from 21st February:

Another prophecy that's come to fruition. Hendo and Allen next.

See that PS4 thread on gaming-side using The S*n as its only source?

Also, anyone else noticed an influx of threads recently that don't provoke any discussion, and end up simply being a list of games? Things like 'what multiplayer are you playing at the moment?' and 'lets talk games worth buying a WiiU for.'

Arnie

Look at the inviting stadium my local team plays in:

Red box is where you go to die........ or tailgate.
Still can't fathom how US stadiums are surrounded by parking space.
See that PS4 thread on gaming-side using The S*n as its only source?

Also, anyone else noticed an influx of threads recently that don't provoke any discussion, and end up simply being a list of games? Things like 'what multiplayer are you playing at the moment?' and 'lets talk games worth buying a WiiU for.'

I did.

Sums up gaming side, though.

Hixx

Some STATS because we all love STATS

Most...

Shots on target: Suarez 91
Shots off target: Suarez 60
Shots per goal: Glen Johnson 43!!
Fouls: Fellaini 61
Free kicks won: Sessegnon 79
Saves made: Guzan 201

Most...

Shots on target: Suarez 91
Shots off target: Suarez 60
Shots per goal: Glen Johnson 43!!
Free kicks won: Sessegnon 79
Saves made: Guzan 201

Worth noting with Johnson that most of his shots get blocked, rather than being twatted off target. Although he does twat a lot of them off target, tbf:p

Arnie

Most...

Not surprising, absolute shithouse.

goes to show how ridiculous all this global warming shit really is. if the earth is getting so warm why is it snowing all the time?

I was taking the piss with my hashtag, I think there's irrefutable evidence that global warming does exist, and is a thing.

We're just having a cold one, so to speak.

I was taking the piss with my hashtag, I think there's irrefutable evidence that global warming does exist, and is a thing.

If it's just the future generations and not me that will suffer, I don't really care. They will be able to take care of themselves I'm sure.

Timurid

Public Transportation is laughable. Only way to get there is drive yourself or carpool, parking outside is needed.

Well, Chicago Public transportation is pretty convenient and plus you don't have to pay those outrageous public parking prices.

Remember the one against Milan last year at 3-0 up as well? He's fucking shite

sell him and valencia in a two for one deal

When he tried chipping the keeper from 6 yards out, when he'd have easily scored if he'd just smashed it? In a way, he cost Arsenal CL progress last year, and he cost you CL and FA Cup progress this year (although I haven't seen the Chelsea misses)

He got Arsenal into 3rd though, and he's been a massive reason for you winning the league, so he's done alright :p

Nice avatar, wonder why you chose it :p

Not surprising, absolute shithouse.

We're just having a cold one, so to speak.
I think part of the theory is that the weather will generally be more extreme so like tmrw it could be 35 degrees.

Slizz

Well, Chicago Public transportation is pretty convenient and plus you don't have to pay those outrageous public parking prices.

Yeah I should have added a bit more to that. Chicago and NY have good public transport but mainly because they are so big and densely populated.

Miami is big too but is pretty spread out, we have a rail system that basically just goes north and south on a main highway, so not very good if you have to east or west. Buses are the only alternative and they suck.

Wilbur

Banned
When he tried chipping the keeper from 6 yards out, when he'd have easily scored if he'd just smashed it? In a way, he cost Arsenal CL progress last year, and he cost you CL and FA Cup progress this year (although I haven't seen the Chelsea misses)

He got Arsenal into 3rd though, and he's been a massive reason for you winning the league, so he's done alright :p

Great in the league. Shit in the cups. The Zlatan of the Premier League.

also loooooool #banter #shanter

Froggie said something about how he might not be used to the "intensity" of the games which define who wins what.

Basically.

Man United are amazing.

Arsenal are shit.

Fuck Bayern.

Froggie said something about how he might not be used to the "intensity" of the games which define who wins what.

Basically.

Man United are amazing.

Arsenal are shit.

Fuck Bayern.

Me and my brother already dismissed that as nonsense when it came up on SSN :p

edit: Except for Fuck Bayern. Ain't no dismissing dat troof.

Timurid

Yeah I should have added a bit more to that. Chicago and NY have good public transport but mainly because they are so big and densely populated.

Miami is big too but is pretty spread out, we have a rail system that basically just goes north and south on a main highway, so not very good if you have to east or west. Buses are the only alternative and they suck.

That sucks. That's probably one of the reasons why I like NYC too.

I hate driving my blazer damn fucker eats up so much gas. The prices for gas around here are around $4 per gallon.

That's why I just use public transportation if I have to go anywhere in the city.

Top Bottom