• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

kharma45

Tempted to re-buy the first Game of Thones book on Kindle as it's so cheap, I can't be arsed lugging a book around and I'm actually not 100% sure where my book is.

Splatt

1612.jpg

2013%2f4%2fMan-united-strikers.jpg

I'm not a Welbeck defender, but wasn't he used mostly on the wings and not as a pure striker like RvP and Hernandez?

It's still a shit stat for him though...

kharma45

I remember watching this game 10 years ago. I'd never seem him play but for the 30 minutes he was on the pitch he generated so much excitement in the crowd.

18 year old Cristiano Ronaldo's debut vs Bolton Wanderers

I remember making my grandfather watch a CL match that year with me when I was up at his as I had never been so excited by a player.

So long ago :'(

Crazy how time flies. What Welbeck needs is a good loan spell to get regular first team action, hopefully in the PL. If he's still shite after that I give up.

Half an hour to download a PS3 update, 10 minutes to install, then I have to change my password, then 10 minutes to download an update so I can access the PS Store (which installs surprisingly quickly), but then a few minutes wait before I can access the store anyway.

Now I remember one of the reasons why I didn't turn this thing on for almost 3 years.

edit: a few minutes to put in all my credit card info, finally get to the point where I can download the game I want to play... 112 minutes to download 500mb. 116 minutes now. It's not even going down either.

Journey better be worth all of this.

Crazy how time flies. What Welbeck needs is a good loan spell to get regular first team action, hopefully in the PL. If he's still shite after that I give up.
Nah. He's had his time out on loan. He's good enough to play for us. Going out on loan won't do him any good now, he has to learn to play at the level we need. No point him going to a team down the league where he won't pick up stuff he doesn't already have.

Remember listening to Ronaldo's debut on the drive home from a family holiday. Alan Green was very excited.

Lightning

Banned
Half an hour to download a PS3 update, 10 minutes to install, then I have to change my password, then 10 minutes to download an update so I can access the PS Store (which installs surprisingly quickly), but then a few minutes wait before I can access the store anyway.

Now I remember one of the reasons why I didn't turn this thing on for almost 3 years.

edit: a few minutes to put in all my credit card info, finally get to the point where I can download the game I want to play... 112 minutes to download 500mb.
But that only happens when you don't keep it up to date. 30minutes is a long time though, much longer than any of the updates I've done.

Do you have a crappy Internet connection? I've hardly ever struck this problem with the PS3.

kharma45

Nah. He's had his time out on loan. He's good enough to play for us. Going out on loan won't do him any good now, he has to learn to play at the level we need. No point him going to a team down the league where he won't pick up stuff he doesn't already have.

I have now changed to sell him.

Messi

Game of Thrones premier was pretty good. Like fitting into a pair of freshly ironed jeans.

emilia clarke is smoking hot

Lightning

Banned
Wilshere won't play this weekend.

Walcott, who Wenger said would play this week - is also still not fit to play.
It's wide known Wilshere wouldn't play before the Norwich game at the earliest.

Walcott was always only a chance. If he can't play, so be it. I don't think missing either player will matter that much.

Clegg

Rooney scored a hattrick on his United debut too. Nine years ago we had two of the biggest young talents in world football. It's a shame Rooney never kicked on to the same level as Ronaldo. He's been a great player for us but I think he could have been better if he'd been a bit more dedicated to his sport.

pulga

Banned
What's the fucking problem in thinking that wasn't offside? I don't think it's as clear as you guys think (coincidently, 80% are self-centered Manchester United fans). It was almost impossible to call it out by the human eye. Some even might say the tie was ruined by that decision. FUCKING LOL.

Get over yourself. You are all Bayern haters and this thread has become a joke. It's not a discussion about football anymore (it never was). Its a discussion abour YOUR football team and how others are crap.

Loolololol what the fuck fry

Its still offside you blind brazilian vagina

Arnie

I remember watching this game 10 years ago. I'd never seem him play but for the 30 minutes he was on the pitch he generated so much excitement in the crowd.

18 year old Cristiano Ronaldo's debut vs Bolton Wanderers
Remember his first MOTD highlights package.

Thought he was all flash, no product. I was wrong.

edit: a few minutes to put in all my credit card info, finally get to the point where I can download the game I want to play... 112 minutes to download 500mb. 116 minutes now. It's not even going down either.

Journey better be worth all of this.
Will have to do the same thing when I play it in the summer.

Bought my PS3 for MGS4. And that game was shite.

Wilshere won't play this weekend.

Walcott, who Wenger said would play this week - is also still not fit to play.

Not ideal but the team has been doing a decent job recently so I am nowhere near as worried by this news as I would have been a few weeks back.

I am delighted to see Rosicky get a run of a few games. I think that the Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla grouping is one of the more balanced selections we have had in quite a while. Rosicky's ability to drive forward at a defence and give the team momentum a-la Wilshire is rather underrated I feel. And for Ramsey, having such experienced players around him has allowed him to play with a bit more confidence. Cool heads leading into the run-in towards the end of the season.

Slizz

Spain playing a friendly in June against Haiti in Miami.....

Guess it'd be fun to go catch some young Spanish talent and see a goal fest...

Alleged Chesea kits...

Home looks so bad it can't be real. So it probably is. White looks okay but as always, plain would look better. Really like the black though.

Could our Adidas insider Arnie give us any hints?

There's some sort of announcement tomorrow.

Zabojnik

Game of Thrones premier was pretty good. Like fitting into a pair of freshly ironed jeans.

emilia clarke is smoking hot

Speaking of GoT, my Season 2 blu-ray box came with a code for the digital copy of Season 2 on HBO Select (www.hboselect.com/gameofthrones). The site doesn't seem to be working for me, I'm guessing it's because I bought the US-version. If anyone living overseas wants it, PM me.

Clegg

In fairness Ronaldo didn't really start producing until his fourth season at United. In his first three years he averaged 9 goals and 7 assists. But he was still in his teens for his first two seasons with us. It was all about his development.

His fourth season was excellent though. Had 26 goals and 20 assists.

In his first year he did deliver very little tbh. Quite a number of United fans even doubted he was worth the hassle. Took him close to 2 years to really kick on. Like he was worse than Nani at times.

Shows how importance patience is with these young players.

Messi

Alleged Chesea kits...

Home looks so bad it can't be real. So it probably is. White looks okay but as always, plain would look better. Really like the black though.

Not nice. That home is awful

GQman2121

Banned
Alleged Chesea kits..

The white one is hot. I'll will purchase.

The home shirt I'm a bit indifferent about. Could look alright on the players.

Meier

Smart business by City to hand Yaya more money. Proven winner. Plus, now the chant about giving him more money makes sense.

The reports say that his deal didn't change at all, he just got 2 more years of it. He makes a shitload of money though, that's for sure. I've heard a lot of it is incentivized but who knows. I wish football/soccer contracts were public domain like they are in American sports.

I actually really like all of those Chelsea shirts.

Top Bottom