• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Linius

We're on a roll here. This page is exclusively about the Eredivisie so far.

Let's talk about Almere City FC now, second division Dutch football!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
sandro-aaron-lennon-younes-kaboul-2011-4-30-15-0-13.jpg

damn I miss those three

Hopefully Lennon comes back for Swansea and Kaboul can get involved in the Basel game. It looks like AVB is aware of the enormous Sandro-sized hole in our midfield and is trying to use Livermore and Carroll more to ease the burden on Dembele and Parker. Scott really shouldn't be having to play this much given his age and recent injury. Like Chelsea we have a hectic schedule coming up and we need to get players fit and use the full squad properly. That means playing midfielders in midfield and not BAE you crazy Portuguese.

confuziz

Banned
Tough one to call. Sparta is doing poor lately but they are still two points ahead. Also a good chance at De Graafschap coming back trough play-offs.

I hate de Graafschap. Such a terrible club. Crap stadium, crap football and crap fans.

They are the Stoke City of dutch football.

Wilbur

Banned
I never really liked JT. I liked Kanye until he became an egomaniac and his music took a nosedive in quality.

Michael was a hero
paedophilia aside of course

But Kanye's last album is his second best album

Whatever

I fucking love Kanye

Wearing a Kanye t shirt now

Fuck the haters

Its funny, because Rio constantly celebrates in front of opposition fans and everyone defends him (not saying you do, noting the comparison between him doing it and Terry doing it). At least Terry was actually warming up. I'd prefer he hadn't done it but not much of an excuse to throw stuff at them. Frank would have probably eaten the hot dog anyway..
When's the last time Ferdinand celebrated in front of the opposition?

damn I miss those three

Hopefully Lennon comes back for Swansea and Kaboul can get involved in the Basel game. It looks like AVB is aware of the enormous Sandro-sized hole in our midfield and is trying to use Livermore and Carroll more to ease the burden on Dembele and Parker. Scott really shouldn't be having to play this much given his age and recent injury. Like Chelsea we have a hectic schedule coming up and we need to get players fit and use the full squad properly. That means playing midfielders in midfield and not BAE you crazy Portuguese.

Time for Holtby imo. Siggy isn't working and we lack some creativity. Hopefully Holtby can provide it. I'd also like to see Bale back on the left for a few games, the only time we looked dangerous yesterday was when he fired the ball across for Defoe. Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Ekotto, Parker, Dembele, Lennon, Holtby, Bale, Adebayor would be my selection for Swansea.

Salazar

Worst poster on GAF?

There are so many bad posters. The police-haters and gun-freaks in particular.

Waitrose fo' life.

Aye. Catching bus into London in the next couple of days. I packed light assuming that I would be able to find some acceptable clothes to buy when I got here, but everything here is just fucking awful trash for lawyers and 90 year old Outer Hebrides twats.

Anelka is on loan, which is fine. The point of Ibra is that we're meant to sign up. But Anelka is cover for Bendtner. I'd be surprised if he plays 180 minutes. We won't take him up.

Zab, what do you think about Giovinco's game against Bologna? Pretty decent, fairly dangerous, good at drawing fouls. Above average performance, though Vucinic outshown him by a lot. Don't think we can depend on him but he played well. Maybe he'll be better around Llorente?

Zabojnik

Zab, what do you think about Giovinco's game against Bologna? Pretty decent, fairly dangerous, good at drawing fouls. Above average performance, though Vucinic outshown him by a lot. Don't think we can depend on him but he played well. Maybe he'll be better around Llorente?

Pretty good performance from Seba, but he fucking has to score from those clear chances, if he wants to have a shot at next season's starting XI. Him and Vucinic don't seem to have the best of chemistries, do they? You can clearly see that they're trying really hard, both in training and in matches like yesterday's, but something's a bit off. My conviction is and always has been that Giovinco isn't and never will be a CF. He just doesn't have that unquantifiable striker's instinct. He never seems comfortable playing up front, he's always trying too hard. I think he'd be great as a WF in a 4-3-3, provided one doesn't expect him to be much a factor when it comes to defending and helping in the midfield. Conte does, which is why he's waiting for Pepe to return to active duty.

sohois

Lads can you all give me something to look forward to in the cold dark weeks that is international football

Well, I guess you could watch Formula 1 instead. Though since last week I was able to watch both it's not really much of a substitute. Also now there is no Six Nations. I guess you're pretty much screwed.

Wilbur

Banned
Roberto Martinez might spill something burning hot on his groin.

He is a brave man.

Nudes of your mum

Welbz banging them in for Eng-er-land!

Well, I guess you could watch Formula 1 instead. Though since last week I was able to watch both it's not really much of a substitute. Also now there is no Six Nations. I guess you're pretty much screwed.

In order of greatness:

3, 4, 1, 2

Can you name me his three best albums? If so you're getting points on my list of favourite posters.

Late Registration, MBDTF, The College Dropout, Graduation, Watch The Throne, 808s.

But I really like them all

Fry

Can you name me his three best albums? If so you're getting points on my list of favourite posters.

I don't think Dark Twisted Fantasy is ALL THAT. It's good. But it's was overproduced.

I prefer Late Registration and Graduation. Then DTF, TCD and 808s.

Linius

For me: The College Dropout > MBDTF > Late Registration

The rest is utter shit. Not counting Watch the Throne that is, since I don't see it as an Kanye album. But that one is also okay.

I don't think Dark Twisted Fantasy is ALL THAT. It's good. But it's was overproduced.

I prefer Late Registration and Graduation. Then DTF, TCD and 808s.
Same.

Graduation has some really great songs on it.

Flashing Lights is one of his best.

For me: The College Dropout > MBDTF > Late Registration

The rest is utter shit. Not counting Watch the Throne that is, since I don't see it as an Kanye album. But that one is also okay.
WTT is terrible IMO.

Wilbur

Banned
Kanye is a fucking tosser. Does he make good music? Debatable

He makes great music with very good lyrics that are mainstream but still well written flows, and he's a tosser but is so much of a tosser that considering how vanilla and boring so many musicians are nowadays it's quite refreshing to have an utter egotist be so big and influential in the game nowadays

Linius

It's not up there with Kanye's solo works, but I don't think it's terrible either. Must say I stopped listening to it a few months after it's release. It's a bit forgettable.

He makes great music with very good lyrics that are mainstream but still well written flows, and he's a tosser but is so much of a tosser that considering how vanilla and boring so many musicians are nowadays it's quite refreshing to have an utter egotist be so big and influential in the game nowadays
Lyrically I think he's pretty average.

But his songs are really really well produced.

Top Bottom