• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Linius

GREAT song and they're awesome live. Bring your earplugs though. I saw them in London when visiting my brother last year and didn't (I'd never worn them to a show) and I regretted it. Saw them again later in 2012 and definitely went ahead and wore them. It's totally weird but made for a much more pleasant few days afterwards.

Nothing wrong with earplugs. Wear them most of the time at concerts. I don't want to damage my hearing with these loud decibels. I wanna enjoy music as long as I can.

I have absolutely no interest Kanye. So little that I can't recognize even if he's good or bad, he's just kind of there and present. His whole career has been in the background of my life, and I've done nothing special to ignore him I just have no fucks to give as there is music I'm much, much more interested in that all my fucks get given to.
tumblr_mhlr0ipgZL1s1x3hso1_500.gif

GorillaJu

Nothing wrong with earplugs. Wear them most of the time at concerts. I don't want to damage my hearing with these loud decibels. I wanna enjoy music as long as I can.

http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20.html

I have those. It's fucking wonderful. Live shows sound so great with them in, I can actually enjoy it.

I used to go 2-3 times a week to shows at the Casbah, Che Cafe, Troub, The Smell, and other venues around San Diego and LA. My ears would be dead if I didn't wear plugs every time.

Meier

I have those. It's fucking wonderful. Live shows sound so great with them in, I can actually enjoy it.

I used to go 2-3 times a week to shows at the Casbah, Che Cafe, Troub, The Smell, and other venues around San Diego and LA. My ears would be dead if I didn't wear plugs every time.

I hear people say they think it sounds better at shows with them in.. not feeling that at all (and I got some decent ones -- Howard Leight brand) but it definitely made it where I didn't have any pain or anything so it was worth it. I saw The Darkness last year and thought I had developed tinnitus so I decided to be very careful at shows I know will be insanely loud.

confuziz

Banned
GREAT song and they're awesome live. Bring your earplugs though. I saw them in London when visiting my brother last year and didn't (I'd never worn them to a show) and I regretted it. Saw them again later in 2012 and definitely went ahead and wore them. It's totally weird but made for a much more pleasant few days afterwards.

I just discovered them so it's still totally new to me. Do they have shows in europe?

Meier

I just discovered them so it's still totally new to me. Do they have shows in europe?

Yeah, I'm sure they do full European tours. They've have two successful indie records (the last two FIFAs have had them on the soundtrack) and their song Kids was the theme song to FIFA 12. I think it plays at the intro of FIFA 13 too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS9HUWaDPIc (here's a trailer of FIFA 12)

Edit: It looks like in 2012 they didn't play many Euro shows but they did do something called Five Days Off? They played a LOT of shows in the UK but only a few on the mainland.. 2011 they did a lot of shows in Europe so maybe they'll do more shows there in 2013.

Linius

Yeah, same here. I go to a lot of shows, and most of them like to play loud so these earplugs are a must. And they do make a show sound better. Especially vocals come out much clearer.

I hear people say they think it sounds better at shows with them in.. not feeling that at all (and I got some decent ones -- Howard Leight brand) but it definitely made it where I didn't have any pain or anything so it was worth it. I saw The Darkness last year and thought I had developed tinnitus so I decided to be very careful at shows I know will be insanely loud.

I'd really advice to wear them often. Damage to your hearing can't be 'fixed', it's permanent. You would hate your self forever if you're too late.

Just at least get some decent ear plugs. Those crap ones that they hand out nearly for free everywhere sucks so badly. I'm a dumbass though and always forget the ones I actually bought (the kind Morsel posted).
LLShC.gif

Haven't been to a concert in way too long, but got my Roskilde festival ticket for the summer at least.

Linius

They haven't announced anything for this year. But they've played here before and I'm sure they'll come back. I believe their last show was in Paradiso.

Just at least get some decent ear plugs. Those crap ones that they hand out nearly for free everywhere sucks so badly. I'm a dumbass though and always forget the ones I actually bought (the kind Morsel posted).
LLShC.gif

Yeah, I had them tailor made. Pluggerz Music.

arkon

2 months. He wants to play as a central defender now, instead of left back. Can't get any worse than Marcelo/Derijck/Bouma so what the hell.

Was he a first team player for you guys then?

Imagine losing one of your star players, due to some stupidity on their part outside of a football pitch, for two months. Not saying he is of course.

confuziz

Banned
Was he a first team player for you guys then?

Imagine losing one of your star players, due to some stupidity on their part outside of a football pitch, for two months. Not saying he is of course.

He was a first team player about 1 year ago. He had a different injury back then, something with his groin iirc. During that, young player Jetro Willems (who has already played for the national team) surpassed him in pretty much every aspect of football.

So yeah, he has no other choice then going for a spot as a central defender.

Yen

Probably going to ask for a ban until my exams end in June. I know you guys will miss me so very much.
Edit: ^ I like the Catherine the Great pun, because she had sex with horses (allegedly)

Yen

:lol Viv

What subjects you doing?
History (so easy, 100%, 92% in AS)
Religion (also easy)
Politics (B last year, this year much harder, shitting myself)
Need AAB.
I possess a Rain Man esque memory which doesn't help me in politics which requires individual thought :p

Messi

Probably going to ask for a ban until my exams end in June. I know you guys will miss me so very much.
Edit: ^ I like the Catherine the Great pun, because she had sex with horses (allegedly)

You will lurk and it will annoy the shit out of you not being able to post.

History (so easy, 100%, 92% in AS)
Religion (also easy)
Politics (B last year, this year much harder, shitting myself)
Need AAB.
I possess a Rain Man esque memory which doesn't help me in politics which requires individual thought :p
Cool! Good luck. I did history, loved it, really easy IMO as long as you find the topics interesting.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm reading something about Mourinho now in FourFourTwo. I love that man. Wouldn't even give a fuck if he went back to Chelsea, he's great.

Clegg

Politics is a great subject until you have to start doing stuff on Hobbes, Rousseau and Locke.

Hate every second of it.

Top Bottom