• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Clegg

Yep.

Spurs P 8 19
United P 8 15
Lpool P 7 11

That's the current standing at the top of the Elite Group. There's 14 games to be played so could change but I think those 3 will probably be the ones progressing to the KO's. It's very complicated, the winner of this group goes straight to the Semi's and plays the winner of a play-off match between Groups 1 and 2. I think Spurs will top the table so it'll probably be United vs Liverpool in the other semi.

Our u21 team is quite limited. I don't know if they set out to play defensively, we don't actually have a striker. Keane is out. Macheda out on loan. Henriquez too. Powell has been playing as the striker quite a bit.
Have you watched much of the U21's?

I've read reports saying that Powell is our best player and too good for this level. Januzaj has been praised by Fergie and our coaches too. Have there been any other standout players?

Splatt

The best passes of Arjen Robben

ij9J9EfdS3z6H.png

faridmon

The higher the roof the posher it feels.

It'll get cold tho if it's super high.

Well, I have thought of the lateral Air ventialtion and solar gain of the building and its matter of adjusting it with the hight of the building which I have to decide. I am just not sure what is the ideal hight for some of those. The builing regulation does specify the minimum hight of 3, but as you said, the higher it is the more elaborate it will feel, but ancedotally, would you feel like shopping at 4 meters high?

Well, I have thought of the lateral Air ventialtion and solar gain of the building and its matter of adjusting it with the hight of the building which I have to decide. I am just not sure what is the ideal hight for some of those. The builing regulation does specify the minimum hight of 3, but as you said, the higher it is the more elaborate it will feel, but ancedotally, would you feel like shopping at 4 meters high?
Depends, will we get fish tanks with sharks in the walls?

Have you watched much of the U21's?

I've read reports saying that Powell is our best player and too good for this level. Januzaj has been praised by Fergie and our coaches too. Have there been any other standout players?
I watch them as much as I can. Watched quite a few games since Jan cos Powell and Januzaj play.

Nobody else stand out to me. Couple of decent performances but nothing consistent. I've heard Michael Keane is doing really well at Leicester.

Powell needs to be loaned next season. Adnan should probably stick with the u21s for now. He's missed quite a bit of football through injury and he still quite small/weak.

Hmmm... I love that Suarez goal but I would probably give it to Bergkamp for his goal in World Cup 98 vs Argentina in the quarter finals. It's on a much bigger stage and he still produces that magic.

Nah. Bergkamp had nobody behind him, nobody ahead of him and enough space to keep his eyes dead on the ball as he arced his run and body to give him a chance of controlling it. Suarez has Coloccini about 6 inches behind him, Krul about 3 yards in front of him, and no room for any error.

And you can tell that the ball dropped exactly where he wanted it to, as he starts the drag past Krul and fixes his eyes on the ball the split-second it comes off his shoulder.

The best ever was probaly Lucas' goal in the Europa League last season :p

Think it was against Steaua Bucharest or someone

dc89

What you doing dc?

Being a moron.

Edit: basically I linked a YouTube vid and for those on mobile or those with the browser extension it showed a thumbnail that I thought could be potentially spoilerish. So I had to go find the video somewhere else, preferably without comments to avoid spoilers again. So my moronic antics are actually for the benefit of my peoples.

Clegg

I watch them as much as I can. Watched quite a few games since Jan cos Powell and Januzaj play.

Nobody else stand out to me. Couple of decent performances but nothing consistent. I've heard Michael Keane is doing really well at Leicester.

Powell needs to be loaned next season. Adnan should probably stick with the u21s for now. He's missed quite a bit of football through injury and he still quite small/weak.

We'll have done alright if we can get a couple of players to make the step up to senior level for us.

There's still Pereira and Daehli in the U18's who are getting a lot of hype. Hopefully they'll push on too.

We'll have done alright if we can get a couple of players to make the step up to senior level for us.

There's still Pereira and Daehli in the U18's who are getting a lot of hype. Hopefully they'll push on too.

I really dislike the way a lot of people will criticise a club's academy because only 5 or so players in and around the team came from it. The entire point of an academy at a big English club is to supplement the first team, but people expect everyone to run like Barca or you guys in the 97 or whenever it was that Scholes, Beckham and Neville came through.

Especially with the catchment areas over here.

faridmon

Question:

Does android based mp3 (not phone) have a way to link your music to last fm (basically a way to scrobble offline)?

I am thinking of buying the Samsung Galaxy S mp3 which are 80 quids on amazon atm.

Wes

venison crêpe
I seem to remember some people in here raving about NFS: Most Wanted. Did it turn out any good?

Thinking of picking it as my free game for buying Sim City 5 at release.

I really dislike the way a lot of people will criticise a club's academy because only 5 or so players in and around the team came from it. The entire point of an academy at a big English club is to supplement the first team, but people expect everyone to run like Barca or you guys in the 97 or whenever it was that Scholes, Beckham and Neville came through.

Most clubs only bring through a few players at a time.

One genuine criticism you can make though is that we haven't brought through a top talent for a while.

Clegg

That's what I mean. Most good academies will produce a decent player or two. Then comes the harder job of integrating them into the senior squad. I think a Premier League team has done a very good job if it can get 1 or 2 academy players to make the step up to senior level every season or two. And I don't just mean at their club either. I think United's academy has done a good job at developing decent footballers over the last 10 years but most of them haven't been of a high enough quality for United's senior team. Welbz and Clev might make it though.But there are still lots of questions around Clev especially.

And I'm still convinced that Barca's acadmy has fluked things a bit. La Maisia is obviously a good academy but they're very lucky that such a large amount of naturally talented footballers have come through at the same time. I think things will slow down eventually for them. They can't keep developing brilliant players from the academy alone.

Hixx

If they do a better job than they did of ACoK, season 3 of a Game of Thrones will be the best thing on tv in fucking yeaaaaaaaaaars

Lightning

Banned
I'm loving these rumours how we're pushing hard to try and get Stevan Jovetic to sign for us. He would be my dream signing #Wengerplease!

Top Bottom