• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

spidye

254935_632469620103066_1958433358_n.jpg

Allianz Arena for St.Paddy's day

edit: I forgot
fuck heynckes

Lightning

Banned
Wouldn;t be surprised if he moved to whoever finishes fourth out of you and Spurs (assuming you don't both get top 4)
I'm hoping he moves to us. I think we're the perfect club to get the best out of him and help him develop into a world class striker. He is not the finished article yet but he's well on the way and had talent in abundance. I am confident we will secure champions league football again next season but its getting too dicey and we're miles from the title where we should be.

But we'll see. After the international break we need to beat Reading and then beat West Brom away. Only wins will do. No sloppy draws.

This Australian cricket team sucks when they are not playing in Australia. Long gone are the days where Australia can dominate on any ground, in every country.

I'm hoping he moves to us. I think we're the perfect club to get the best out of him and help him develop into a world class striker. He is not the finished article yet but he's well on the way and had talent in abundance. I am confident we will secure champions league football again next season but its getting too dicey and we're miles from the title where we should be.

But we'll see. After the international break we need to beat Reading and then beat West Brom away. Only wins will do. No sloppy draws.

I can see him fitting the league like a glove, similar to how Torres performed in 07/08

Meier

Can't see Jovetic going to Arsenal.

City have a long standing interest in him.

Lots of articles mention us having a first right of refusal on him -- most of the scuttlebutt was he was going to come with Nastasic but I think ultimately it just would have been too difficult for Fiorentina so they were willing to part with 1 of the 2 at the time. I think we'll sign both him and Isco this summer although I'm sure he (Isco) will be tougher to get.

Clegg

Lots of articles mention us having a first right of refusal on him -- most of the scuttlebutt was he was going to come with Nastasic but I think ultimately it just would have been too difficult for Fiorentina so they were willing to part with 1 of the 2 at the time. I think we'll sign both him and Isco this summer although I'm sure he (Isco) will be tougher to get.

Don't think you'll get Isco.

He's too special a young talent to be allowed Spain.

kharma45

Where does Isco fit, or is this just more fantasy football signings?

Lightning

Banned
Jovetic you are very likely to get but Isco can choose any club he wants and Madrid and Chelsea both want him and Chelsea will beat any wages anyone offers. I'd say Chelsea are favourites for Isco.

A lot of obstacles in the way for us to get Jovetic but he would fit us better IMO.

It would be really funny if City's top targets didnt wanna sign for them for the second summer in a row.

More pressing concern for City should be who they can get to replace Mancini :p

Do we even have any idea on who City's main targets are?
Not really!

It's gonna them a while to make their signings most likely. Seems they need to offload quite a few players before they buy and the likes of Dzeko, Nasri, Tevez won't be easy to get rid of. Just a guess.

I hope we act fast like we have done recently and have everybody we want signed up by the start of the season. Transfer sagas suck.

Clegg

Not really!

It's gonna them a while to make their signings most likely. Seems they need to offload quite a few players before they buy and the likes of Dzeko, Nasri, Tevez won't be easy to get rid of. Just a guess.

I hope we act fast like we have done recently and have everybody we want signed up by the start of the season. Transfer sagas suck.

If they're getting rid of those three then you'd have to imagine that they'd look to sign replacements in those positions.

2 strikers and an attacking midfielder.

jtb

Banned
If Dzeko is on his way out from City and he'll be available relatively cheap, I think he'd be great at Arsenal. I'd take Tevez too. Nasri can fuck off though.

Lightning

Banned
If Dzeko is on his way out from City and he'll be available relatively cheap, I think he'd be great at Arsenal. I'd take Tevez too. Nasri can fuck off though.
We can lure a Benzema to Arsenal. We'd have to make the CL if course but I'm rather confident we will do that.

He would be much better than Dzeko. Dzeko can go to Dortmund.

Hmm, international break, boring.

Lets post formations for United vs Sunderland and then United vs Chelsea which are both over 2 weeks away :D

Vs Sunderland

De Gea
Jones Smalling Vidic Evra
Valencia Anderson Scholes Young
Kagawa Hernandez

I'm assuming Jones and Scholes will be fit by then.

Vs Chelsea

De Gea
Rafael Rio Evans Evra
Nani Carrick Clev Welbeck
Rooney RVP

Now everybody else post theirs!

Wilbur

Banned

Lets post formations for United vs Sunderland and then United vs Chelsea which are both over 2 weeks away :D

Vs Sunderland

De Gea
Kagawa Hernandez

Vs Chelsea

De Gea
Rafael Rio Evans Evra
Rooney RVP

Mine is almost exactly the same as yours but I'm going to post them anyway

De Gea
Valencia Anderson Giggs Young
Kagawa Hernandez

De Gea
Rafael Rio Evans Evra
Rooney RVP

kharma45

Vs Sunderland

De Gea
Kagawa Hernandez

Vs Chelsea

De Gea
Rafael Rio Evans Evra
Rooney RVP

Against Blunderland

DDG

Jones Smalling Evans Buttner
Valencia Cleverly Anderson Young
Kagawa Hernandez

Against Chelski

DDG

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra
Welbeck Carrick Cleverly Kagawa
Rooney RVP

Meier

Where does Isco fit, or is this just more fantasy football signings?

Isco would be a replacement for Nasri most likely. Txiki identified him and Benat (Betis) as his two primary targets when taking his DOF position.

A lot of other names have been mentioned in passing but Isco and Jovetic have dated back to last summer (or before). Pedro Obiang (Sampdoria), Mauro Icardi (Sampdoria), Marquinhos (Roma, CB) have been mentioned quite a bit this season. Some others from Roma (Lamela, Pjanic) have been linked -- don't think DDR is ever going to happen.

Dzeko will move to Italy or Germany -- very unlikely City will sell within the league. Nasri will be off to France with either PSG or Monaco signing him most likely. Monaco are apparently interested in Tevez as well but Boca Juniors (who he wants to play for) have recently been mentioned as also having interest. If that happens, I'm sure the transfer fee would be next to nothing even though they're pretty well off.

pulga

Banned
Fuck you guys crying over international break.

There's nothing more heart breaking and gut wrenching to me than watching Honduras play WC qualifier matches.

Where is that mexican cunt Regulus. 4 MORE DAYS TO GO

jtb

Banned
We can lure a Benzema to Arsenal. We'd have to make the CL if course but I'm rather confident we will do that.

He would be much better than Dzeko. Dzeko can go to Dortmund.

I'd take either. Both would be good replacements for RVP, they like to come deep and influence the game, while also being quite good finishers. Benzema is proven, I like him a lot. Plus, he's French so why not. Dzeko is definitely being wasted as a supersub at City because he's not really that type of player; but at Arsenal the team would be built around him and I think he'd do quite well. Either would fit perfectly in the system and, if available, should be within our price range—I just hope Wenger is willing to spend on proven talent.

Top Bottom