• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Meier

Loved Heavy Rain too, one of the most intense games for me this gen.

Dat Madison.

I was a huge fan of it as well and I'm not really a "Playstation guy." It has some flaws, but I loved the unique control scheme and appreciated the detective work with the VR headset thing. Can't believe I didn't list Vice City in my favorite PS2 games.. that's basically a masterpiece and is still the best open world game by far.

Help!

What is the ideal ceiling height in a shopping center? Looking at my design I decided for 4 meters for the mezanine level (which has a bigger area, so you might as well call it the second level) and 8 meters between the real two floors...

Any good?

As an example, hospitals tend to be about 4m floor to floor.

4m floor to ceiling wouldn't be excessive, though I've not worked on a shopping centre I'd guess at that being the minimum clear height if you think of the displays they have and general feel of places. Could easily be more as well. Have a search I would suggest.

Don't forget room for services! If you are proposing a suspended ceiling this will reduce your effective room height.

Kenka

The good old days...

dfb_1998_03_de,property=original.jpg

Happy birthday farid-chan.

Sorry to hear all that Jeff :/ Reminds me of the horrible situation at Palermo, just ask Wooden.

Hope this will finally make Zamparini realize how he has been mismanaging the whole club for years now. It's sad to see nearly a whole team not caring or fighting at all, only Miccoli and the fucking third choice keeper seems to care, Brichetto actually cried on the bench.

gFjOWiH.jpg

But what do you expect from loaned players and random rent boys with no attachment to the club, who got a new manager every second week? Hell it's pretty understandable that they don't perform. The whole backbone of the team that was once a point from reaching CL is gone, many sold for fucking peanuts because Zamparini either got into arguments with them or just had one of his usual brainfarts.

Wooden calls Quiche Chris too its fucking weird

It took me ages to figure out who he was talking to

I didn't even know what "quiche" was, let alone how to pronounce it!

Slizz

Hope this will finally make Zamparini realize how he has been mismanaging the whole club for years now. It's sad to see nearly a whole team not caring or fighting at all, only Miccoli and the fucking third choice keeper seems to care, Brichetto actually cried on the bench.

http://i.imgur.com/gFjOWiH.jpg[IMG]

But what do you expect from loaned players and random rent boys with no attachment to the club, who got a new manager every second week? Hell it's pretty understandable that they don't perform.

I didn't even know what "quiche" was, let alone how to pronounce it![/QUOTE]

Never had quiche(pronounced like keesh)????

Quiche (/ˈkiːʃ/ keesh) is a savory, open-faced pastry crust dish with a filling of savory custard with cheese, meat, fish or vegetables.

[IMG]http://www.resamichelle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/quiche.jpg

sohois

http://i.imgur.com/gFjOWiH.jpg[IMG]

But what do you expect from loaned players and random rent boys with no attachment to the club, who got a new manager every second week? Hell it's pretty understandable that they don't perform.

I didn't even know what "quiche" was, let alone how to pronounce it![/QUOTE]

Hmm, this whole Palermo situation sounds vaguely familiar to some Premier League club; I just can't figure which club. What team is dreadfully mismanaged by their owner, hires new managers every week and is filled with random rent boys? Nope, no idea.

Why would you request to be removed :(? You're one of the best CFC fans around here man, you better stay put on that list :p Man, The Matazard combo blows me away when it works. I hope you witness two impressive victories! Truth to be told, for the first time under Rafa, I have been impressed by our overall performances three games in a row. This is too much to handle. I wonder how we'll do at our next against away at Southampton; should be tough.

It's hard to say you are a Chelsea fan in public these days :lol I agree about the performances this week. All have been pretty good and this season could end with us winning the Europa League, FA Cup and 2nd in the league. That would be crazy. If we keep it up till the end of the season it will set us up well for a new manager and a good season next year.

Happy Birthday Faridmon!

Quiche (/ˈkiːʃ/ keesh) is a savory, open-faced pastry crust dish with a filling of savory custard with cheese, meat, fish or vegetables.

http://www.resamichelle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/quiche.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've never had a quiche before :lol.

['IMG]http://www.resamichelle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/quiche.jpg[/IMG]

Oh I knew what it was when I actually saw a photo of it, just no the English word.

Hmm, this whole Palermo situation sounds vaguely familiar to some Premier League club; I just can't figure which club. What team is dreadfully mismanaged by their owner, hires new managers every week and is filled with random rent boys? Nope, no idea.

Palermo's situation is not even comparable to Chelseas if that is what you are getting at. Roman makes bad decisions and sometimes gets too involved, I'm not trying to play that down.

Zamparini on the other hand has managed to get Palermo more manager sackings than wins in a whole season. Malesani's (who replaced Gasperini) stay on the Palermo bench lasted 19 days. Then Gasperini was recalled only 19 days later.... his 2nd stay on the Palermo bench lasted 15 days.

Then when it all goes to shit Zamparini is out threatening to eat his players testicles on his salad (i'm not kidding here), saying he will eat his own (yes... he also said that) and then yet again promises there's finally peace in Palermo and he finally found "his manager". The new manager who just came in a week or so ago is Giuseppe Sannino, who was the man who was brought in at the start of the season and lasted 3 matches (!!!) before getting fired.

4rRmxdE.png

Look at that shit.

He then gets angry with key players and sells them. Buys in cheap talents from South America to replace them and is then surprised the whole thing turns to shit.

sohois

Aye, I'm familiar with the Palermo lunacy, I was just joking since I found it amusing the contrast between your your Palermo reactions and Chelsea reactions.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Happy birthday worst-Farid.

Well I don't know another Farid, but I'm sure all the other Farids out there are better than you.

<3

New avatar in preparation for Pirlo UCL swag
Dat swag indeed.

They sell those glasses on our store too.

arkon

Today is my birthday, and all I am going to do is work on my project as I have a crit/presentation early morning tomorrow. I swear my lecturer is doing this shit on purpose. This sucks!

Happy Birthday!

Just delay the real celebrations until tomorrow after the presentation.

Meier

This international break sucks already. Just want us to kick the shit out of Swansea and win 10-0 to regain some confidence, Defoe and Ade 5 a piece. Reading to pull a Blackburn too and sneak a win against Arsenal.

Wes

venison crêpe
For those who didn't or don't listen to the Monday Night Club, the three predicted every match until the end of the season and came up with this table with regards to relegation:

Steve Claridge

14 - Southampton
15 - Wigan
16 - Sunderland
17 - Stoke
------------------------------
18 - Aston Villa
19 - QPR
20 - Reading

John Motson

13 - Southampton
14 - Newcastle
15 - Sunderland
16 - Stoke
17 - Wigan
18 - Aston Villa (39)
19 - QPR (37)
20 - Reading (31)

Ian McGarry

13 - Sunderland
14 - Aston Villa
15 - Southampton
16 - Stoke
17 - Newcastle
18 - Wigan
19 - QPR
20 - Reading

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This international break sucks already. Just want us to kick the shit out of Swansea and win 10-0 to regain some confidence, Defoe and Ade 5 a piece. Reading to pull a Blackburn too and sneak a win against Arsenal.

I'm over that game already, it was tiredness nothing more. A rusty team versus a team dead on it's feet, they put one of their 3 chances away, ours were all cleared off the goal line.

We'll bounce back I'm sure, as long as we stop doing silly things like playing BAE in midfield or Dembele on the right. Looks like Carroll will be getting more involved as well, I love that kid, if you squint it's like watching Modric again.

I honestly think Sunderland are going down. Their run-in is horrendous and they hardly score any goals.

I'm over that game already, it was tiredness nothing more. A rusty team versus a team dead on it's feet, they put one of their 3 chance away, ours were all cleared off the goal line.

We'll bounce back I'm sure, as long as we stop doing silly things like playing BAE in midfield or Dembele on the right. Looks like Carroll will be getting more involved as well, I love that kid, if you squint it's like watching Modric again.

I'm not because it just makes Arsenals chances so much easier. Hopefully Everton make their game in hand one to forget for them but meh they have a fucking easy run in. If we can get 6 or 7 points from our next three then I'd be over the fucking moon.

I really think Holtby needs a shot, we lack creativity at the minute and I'd like to see him come in. Carroll should be used in Europa now to give Dembele a rest, it clearly affected him playing Europa, he looked great against Liverpool...until second half when they pushed him further right.

Hixx

For those who didn't or don't listen to the Monday Night Club, the three predicted every match until the end of the season and came up with this table with regards to relegation:

Steve Claridge

14 - Southampton
15 - Wigan
16 - Sunderland
17 - Stoke
18 - Aston Villa
19 - QPR
20 - Reading

John Motson

13 - Southampton
14 - Newcastle
15 - Sunderland
16 - Stoke
17 - Wigan
18 - Aston Villa (39)
19 - QPR (37)
20 - Reading (31)

Ian McGarry

13 - Sunderland
14 - Aston Villa
15 - Southampton
16 - Stoke
17 - Newcastle
18 - Wigan
19 - QPR
20 - Reading

I think whoever loses the Wigan/Villa game on the last day will take the third spot. We will only be above the victor on goal difference. Squeaky bum time? My arse is like a ravine at the minute.

Wes

venison crêpe
I think whoever loses the Wigan/Villa game on the last day will take the third spot. We will only be above the victor on goal difference. Squeaky bum time? My arse is like a ravine at the minute.

If you didn't hear it Hixx they had a half hour section talking about Sunderland if you're interested (about 30 minutes in to the show). Link is here

Ushojax

I'm not because it just makes Arsenals chances so much easier. Hopefully Everton make their game in hand one to forget for them but meh they have a fucking easy run in. If we can get 6 or 7 points from our next three then I'd be over the fucking moon.

No such thing as an easy run-in. Last season Arsenal lost to Fulham and QPR away, lost to Wigan at home, drew with Norwich at home etc during this period. They will drop points, they have nasty trips to West Brom, Fulham, QPR, Newcastle and have to play United as well. It's all to play for.

I remember thinking we'd blown in in 09/10 where we dropped some silly points then lost to Portsmouth in the cup semi-final and then had to play Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City. We took 9 points from those games and the rest is history. We can do it, a bad week (and that's all it is, 10 days ago we cockslapped Inter at home and could have won 5-0) doesn't mean we've blown it. There will be dropped points all around and sometimes a week like that can rev you up for the run-in.

No such thing as an easy run-in. Last season Arsenal lost to Fulham and QPR away, lost to Wigan at home, drew with Norwich at home etc during this period. They will drop points, they have nasty trips to West Brom, Fulham, QPR, Newcastle and have to play United as well. It's all to play for.

I remember thinking we'd blown in in 09/10 where we dropped some silly points then lost to Portsmouth in the cup semi-final and then had to play Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City. We took 9 points from those games and the rest is history. We can do it, a bad week (and that's all it is, 10 days ago we cockslapped Inter at home and could have won 5-0) doesn't mean we've blown it. There will be dropped points all around and sometimes a week like that can rev you up for the run-in.

Can you bottle some of your optimism up and send it to me?

I just can't see us holding out, we are struggling like fuck to break teams down at home all season (granted past few months we've improved) and I just can't see us putting another run together that will be enough to clinch top 4.

Having said that, I can't see Chelsea putting a run together either so maybe there is hope for us.

Ushojax

Can you bottle some of your optimism up and send it to me?

I just can't see us holding out, we are struggling like fuck to break teams down at home all season (granted past few months we've improved) and I just can't see us putting another run together that will be enough to clinch top 4.

Having said that, I can't see Chelsea putting a run together either so maybe there is hope for us.

As you say, my concern is the lack of goals at home. We really need our strikers to start scoring again, hopefully JD can play for England and score during this break, he needs a goal so badly. Ade has actually worked reasonably hard recently and his languid style will never change, but JD has got to stop hitting his shots at the keeper. I don't know why he has this reputation as a 'clinical' finisher, he is the exact opposite. Berba is clinical, he stroked in that goal on Sunday, whereas Defoe had two glorious chances but his panicky snapshots went straight at Schwarzer. I don't know what Les Ferdinand does with our strikers but it isn't working.

As you say, my concern is the lack of goals at home. We really need our strikers to start scoring again, hopefully JD can play for England and score during this break, he needs a goal so badly. Ade has actually worked reasonably hard recently and his languid style will never change, but JD has got to stop hitting his shots at the keeper. I don't know why he has this reputation as a 'clinical' finisher, he is the exact opposite. Berba is clinical, he stroked in that goal on Sunday, whereas Defoe had two glorious chances but his panicky snapshots went straight at Schwarzer. I don't know what Les Ferdinand does with our strikers but it isn't working.

JD is worse than Adebayor for me and Ade has been shocking all season...but Sunday my respect for Ade shot back up. He closed down so well and was chasing defenders, the rest of the team just didn't back him up (I thought Bale was incredibly lazy considering he had the week off).

Ade just needs a stroke of fortune in the league, Bale on the left and Lennon on the right would rectify this and help imo...

Away from home fair enough, go with Bale in the middle but at home we need to stretch as much as we can because all teams are doing is packing the middle against us and we are struggling like fuck to break it down.

Bumhead

Banned
How we doing, Footy GAF?

(Jeff need not answer)

For absolutely no reason at all other than I think it's cool, here's a picture of our left back Reda Johnson sat in the South Stand with his Mum watching us get promoted on the final day of last season.

Lad.

elseanio

How we doing, Footy GAF?

(Jeff need not answer)

For absolutely no reason at all other than I think it's cool, here's a picture of our left back Reda Johnson sat in the South Stand with his Mum watching us get promoted on the final day of last season.

Lad.

Haha, boss.

A couple years back Gerrard was sat in the away end vs Villa (but he can't afford the ticket prices these days)

Sorvstt.jpg

Top Bottom