• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

GQman2121

Banned
Criminal that Mcmanaman is going to get away without even a slap on the wrist from the FA. It's just absurd to not take action.

There's a dearth of young talented wingers in the PL right now.

Bale and Hazard are the only ones I can think of right now. We have to hope that Ox, Sterling, Zaha and Ince(I presume he'll move to the PL) develop into good players.

If Lennon could finish worth a damn, he would be terrifying. He has Messi pace with Bendtdner boots.

Bale and Hazard are the only ones I can think of right now. We have to hope that Ox, Sterling, Zaha and Ince(I presume he'll move to the PL) develop into good players.

Luke Shaw of Southampton looks like he could incredible, Oscar, Caulker, Coutinho, Butland for GK next season at Stoke... theres others around that are up and coming. Im not personally concerned.

Carbonox

John Carver charged.

FA can fuck off.

brandonmarshallwalkou4ixeu.gif

FA are a joke. Run by idiots chances are none of them have ever played the game either, then again looking at that cunt Platini at Uefa perhaps its for the best.

Lightning

Banned
Can't say I'm surprised but John Carver deserved to be charged for acting like a wanker. He'll be enjoying the stands for a little while for that.

Always knew McManaman was going to get off when the linesman said they saw the incident and the Wigan Chairman gave such an open defence same with Roberto Martinez. I'm still fine with Wigan as they are a good likeable club but that player needs to be very careful from now on. He will have many eyes watching everything he does in the near future.

Clegg

Luke Shaw of Southampton looks like he could incredible, Oscar, Caulker, Coutinho, Butland for GK next season at Stoke... theres others around that are up and coming. Im not personally concerned.

I was just talking about wingers originally. There are plenty of talented young players in the PL.

Just not many on the wings.

Kyoufu

Can't say I'm surprised but John Carver deserved to be charged for acting like a wanker. He'll be enjoying the stands for a little while for that.

Always knew McManaman was going to get off when the linesman said they saw the incident and the Wigan Chairman gave such an open defence same with Roberto Martinez. I'm still fine with Wigan as they are a good likeable club but that player needs to be very careful from now on. He will have many eyes watching everything he does in the near future.

Dude, shut up.

Lightning

Banned
Carver deserved to be charged. The FA got that spot on.

Not charging McManaman though is insane.
Exactly. The Carver charge is spot on. It's not up to assistant managers to do that. Who the hell does he think he is?

Not charging McManaman is ridiculous but consistent with standard FA. If the referee or linesman see the incident they won't interfere it's just the way they are. Ballotelli got away with a really bad tackle last year on Alex Song due to the exact same thing the with the ref saying "At first sight it didh't look that bad" despite te fact that it was a fucking awful tackle.

So yeah, not surprised. The FA's track record told everyone this would be the outcome as wrong as it is.

Not charging Wigan's assistant coach is insane too.

After all, he was the one who pushed Carver first.
Then the Wigan rep deserves to be charged too. Can't have opposing teams management staff going onto the field confronting opposition players for ANY reason. There's a process for a reason.

Carbonox

Well someone has to tell McManaman what he did was wrong, because clearly the FA aren't going to do it.

If Wigan play at St James' Park next season (be it in the Prem, Championship or a cup), McManaman will be a marked man.

Telling him he's wrong will do jack shit. He probably knows but laughed it off anyway.

Let's just hope Newcastle get somewhere with taking legal action.

Hixx

If Wigan play at St James' Park next season (be it in the Prem, Championship or a cup), McManaman will be a marked man.

Telling him he's wrong will do jack shit. He probably knows but laughed it off anyway.

Let's just hope Newcastle get somewhere with taking legal action.

You should hope not or Hull and Everton will surely come knocking :)

Wenger was at the Russian national team training session today and had a lengthy chat with Capello afterwards. Wenger you career ruining cunt, you better not be after any more of our players!

Hixx

Villa v SAFC moved for Monday Night Football. Massive game but it will be a shit watch. Fuck off Sky, I don't want our demise from mediocrity to be televised :|

Kenka

I'm glad that's settled.

FUCK BAY

FUCK BARÇA
Pretty much. At this stage, with so many antagonisms among posters you may want to know what is the least devastating final that could be drawn.

To me, it would be Dortmund - Gala, they both generate the least hate and arguably the most admiration. So, I assume we would all be fine with it :p

Clegg

It's kind of sad that Owen's best footballing years were from the age of 20 to 25

00-01 Liverpool 28 games 16 goals
01-02 Liverpool 29 games 19 goals
02-03 Liverpool 35 games 19 goals
03-04 Liverpool 29 games 16 goals
04-05 Real Madrid 36 games 14 goal

Compare that to his career after he turned 26

05-06 Newcastle 11 games 7 goals
06-07 Newcastle 3 games 0 goals
07-08 Newcastle 29 games 11 goals
08-09 Newcastle 28 games 8 goals
09-10 Man Utd 19 games 3 goals
10-11 Man Utd 11 games 2 goals
11-12 Man Utd 1 game 0 goals
12-13 Stoke 6 games 1 goal

This wouldn't be that bad actually because his game is suited quite well to the EPL unlike some of the other Russian failures (Arshavin, Super Pav, Zhirkov, Bilyaletdinov). He wouldn't get as much playing time at Arsenal as he gets at Dinamo though. And I want Zenit to get him.
Your keeper would be nice. thank you very much.

Please do. I always thought CSKA would crumble without Akinfeev and did last season when he was out injured. Problem is that he is too loyal and wouldn't leave.

Top Bottom