• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Salazar

Leonard Cohen can do everything. Damn, the man is 77 I believe and he was running over that stage like he's still a teenager :lol

Also said that what became "tea and oranges that come all the way from China" in the song was actually instant coffee made by a friend's gorgeous wife.

WJD

Predator LZ? Did I mention in here that I got some for my birthday back in Feb?

Delicious boots, the best I've ever had in fact.

Pred_5F00_LZ_5F00_BlkRed_5F00_Main.jpg

I want these babies so badly.

Currently rocking a pair of these at the moment which have served me well, but I fancy a bit of change at the end of the season:

366221-014---1.jpg

faridmon

I know that feel :p

I'm lucky to still live at home so I'm in a luxury position when it comes to money. And I go to concerts with my dad a lot, saves me a bit of money on travel costs or beers. On the one hand it's kind of sucky I don't have any friends with my weird taste in music but on the other hand it's fun to go with my dad.

I wish I have cool dad as yours. Also, I don't any friends who are into the wierd shit I am into. I recently met this guy, so I am trying to be close to him, don't want to make myself wierd though. But yeah, I am luck that I do save up for the occassion gigs here in London, and keep in mind some of them are free which is great. I don't think I have the ability to save up a lot of money, because the next thing I know, its gone.

I will try to save up up though, lets see how it goes.

Well that sucks for you. Though there is hope in knowing that the youth teams flop much more often that senior ones.

But it won't happen with Deulofeu there. Russia can hope for second spot.

Even worse is that the senior team will be playing a vital WCQ game away to Portugal during these Euros so Dzagoev, Kokorin, Shatov, Logashov etc won't be available for the the first U-21 game, which is against Spain. Capello did promise to immediately send them to the Euros for the rest of the games so there is some hope.

dc89

Pred_5F00_LZ_5F00_BlkRed_5F00_Main.jpg

I want these babies so badly.

Currently rocking a pair of these at the moment which have served me well, but I fancy a bit of change at the end of the season:

366221-014---1.jpg

Yeah I like the look of the CRT360. It would be the only Nike boot I'd buy.

But the LZ... So comfy.

Edit:

You're pic of the LZ wouldn't load at first for me.

Black and Pop. The colour I have them In. I'll snap a few pics of them tomorrow! So nice.

Feorax

Any truth that Barca are willing to sell Sanchez?

I've seen us and Arsenal being linked to him, but i reckon Barca would want to recover most of their outlay, which would put him out of the price range either club would probably be willing to pay.

I'd love to see him in the Premier League though.

pulga

Banned
OH MY FUCKING GOD WHY IS IT SO HOT TODAY

84 F/29 C

i swear to god the fucking insides of my knees are sweating

FootballFan

Even worse is that the senior team will be playing a vital WCQ game away to Portugal during these Euros so Dzagoev, Kokorin, Shatov, Logashov etc won't be available for the the first U-21 game, which is against Spain. Capello did promise to immediately send them to the Euros for the rest of the games so there is some hope.

Well they SHATOV thought of that before calling those players for the u21.

arkon

I wish I have cool dad as yours. Also, I don't any friends who are into the wierd shit I am into. I recently met this guy, so I am trying to be close to him, don't want to make myself wierd though. But yeah, I am luck that I do save up for the occassion gigs here in London, and keep in mind some of them are free which is great. I don't think I have the ability to save up a lot of money, because the next thing I know, its gone.

I will try to save up up though, lets see how it goes.

Good decision. You don't want to scare him off. You need to reel them in slowly.

Arnie

Also, can I have some Predator LZ's please? Size 10.

You reckon it's cheeky if one of my 'outfits' is like, all normal clothes, and then a pair of preds? Because I'm tempted to try it.

I was size 8 at 14. I'm still size 8.

Fuck the haters.

Wilbur

Banned
I have to find the motivation to study for my exam for next week. I really have succeed for that one because the second chance to get it will be in august. And I hate to break up my holiday for school.

Mm, motivating yourself for essays and exams are the worst. I have two essays in on the 10th April, one on the 12th. Don't even know what they're for or are though. C'est la vie.

Salazar

salazar, you're a teacher, right? do you enjoy your work? does it earn you enough to do whatever you want?

Not quite. I'm finishing a PhD. The university pays me a living allowance as part of the scholarship, and I supplement that income (like most doctoral candidates end up doing) with teaching.

I enjoy all of this, but it's not a job*. That comes, one hopes, next.

*People who get sucked into regarding sessional academic tutoring like a real job are Rodwell-tier tragedies.

Linius

So, I had this discussion with some people yesterday about the fact that wearing a headphone in public looks odd. What do you guys think? I love my headphones, I can't accept inferior earplugs quality when listening to music when traveling and I don't think headphones look off or something.

Here's a pic with headphones: http://i.picpar.com/nKm.jpg

Are headphones in public a common good in your location (wherever that may be)?

Arnie

Not quite. I'm finishing a PhD. The university pays me a living allowance as part of the scholarship, and I supplement that income (like most doctoral candidates end up doing) with teaching.

I enjoy all of this, but it's not a job*. That comes, one hopes, next.

*People who get sucked into regarding sessional academic tutoring like a real job are Rodwell-tier tragedies.

Are you moving back to England?

It's clear to me that he simply wasn't happy with the situation he was in. He had a burn-out, not happy with his work mid-life crises and all that jazz. He wanted some change, some excitement. But damn, he done fucked up good. Pushed me over the edge into a depression. Thanks, dad.

You should have bought a motorcycle or a convertible.

Anyway, we all saw this coming from miles away and I don't give a shit. It sucks that it was all for nothing in the end.

confuziz

Banned
So, I had this discussion with some people yesterday about the fact that wearing a headphone in public looks odd. What do you guys think? I love my headphones, I can't accept inferior earplugs quality when listening to music when traveling and I don't think headphones look off or something.

I only use headphones when going to the gym. I see a lot of people using them there.

WJD

I loved MGS at 14. I still love MGS.

Fuck the haters.

Never played it but always wanted to.

Think all the weird bollocks I heard about the story kind of put me off. Tried playing MGS4 when it came out on PS3 which was kind of fun but I never finished it for some reason.

It's something of a taboo oddly enough, in my experience that is. You'll get some odd looks on the bus, but nobody really cares. Beats on the other hand are perfectly fine to wear at school. Weird how that works.

But c'mon, those hardly qualify as headphones. This is the real deal. http://i.minus.com/iCJOUIe5QfeGC.png

3Sixty

Its because every cunt now walks around with a pair of Beats ceremoniously hung around their neck like a fucking Victoria Cross.

Linius

It's something of a taboo oddly enough, in my experience that is. You'll get some odd looks on the bus, but nobody really cares. Beats on the other hand are perfectly fine to wear at school. Weird how that works.

But c'mon, those hardly qualify as headphones. This is the real deal. http://i.minus.com/iCJOUIe5QfeGC.png

Yeah, I can't wear that in public. Way too big :p

Though I also have the Sony MDR-1R, these are quite big. And don't get fooled by the size of my AKG's, they're not some cheap throw away headphones or something :p

Its because every cunt now walks around with a pair of Beats ceremoniously hung around their neck like a fucking Victoria Cross.

Oh lol, Beats are a thing everywhere it seems. Most 'tough guys' over here are wearing Beats too.

Top Bottom