• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Russia's U-21 team will be playing Spain in this international break. I looked at the Spain squad and Madrid only have one player in the squad. Pathetic. Meanwhile, half the squad is La Masia hotness.

FootballFan

I'd rather sit in solitude.

By the way my Mum's words were that my Nan was rolling in pension money, but still. Either way I feel like I've bottled something. I don't actually mind the commute, it's a single train to Charring Cross and the views are lovely. The people here aren't that bad, either, but it's a fucking drug den, and I don't feel welcomed by my mate.

I had a 40 minute phone call at lunch with a good friend who stayed here a week back whilst doing archive research for his dissertation, and he was laughing his tits off at how similar our experiences were. My friend's done this disappear to bang his girlfriend trick before. And my mate said he saw a rat.

Football Thread |OT17| Arnie & Mates.

Need football GAF's help, not starting a new thread.

So I'm doing this work experience. Its good, lasts until next Thursday. At the end I'll get a shitload of Adidas products too. However, as I mentioned, the place I'm staying is an unbelievable shit tip. No seat on toilet, my mates housemates are all 24 hours stoners, music until ridiculous hours, I have to either kip on the hard floor, or if my mates girlfriend comes over he literally just disappears to bed with her and I have to work out somewhere else in the house to sleep. Kitchen is unliveable, I've got a pizza in the oven but I don't know if ill eat it, the stench of the oven shelf was unbearable. 40 minute commute into the City.

It's been getting me down, I don't want to go home after work. Spoke to 'me mam', and she said 'me nan' has offered to pay £300 to house me in a guest house from Friday until the Thursday I finish. It's in Bloomsbury, sounds very nice, and even comes with a cooked breakfast each day. And that's the problem. It's too nice. It's too much. Why should I take this? And I'll be completely alone for that duration so it'll be a lot of solitude.

Need your thoughts. Honestly what would you do? Would you stick it out, or take the guest house.

Damn that sucks man. I'd take the guest-house though. I wouldn't worry about being by yourself. Just go out as much as possible. If you have a travelcard you can pretty much go anywhere you want or need.

faridmon

Yes indeed, the one from the poster I posted here a while back.

There some new names too, Savages for example.

Of course I remember. I was just wondering if that was the one you were talking about :)
I see No Age and Suuns are playing there as well. More tempted to be there, now. Give me a month to salvage the money, and if everything goes well, I am in.

any free or cheap accommodation you would recommend :)

Also £99 Does not equel 99 Euroes. Does it have some special arrangment? I can't see anything special there...

FootballFan

Russia's U-21 team will be playing Spain in this international break. I looked at the Spain squad and Madrid only have one player in the squad. Pathetic. Meanwhile, half the squad is La Masia hotness.

Madrid actually has one? Wow what an improvement.

Can you link me to the squad list? Grimaldo better be there.

By the way my Mum's words were that my Nan was rolling in pension money, but still. Either way I feel like I've bottled something. I don't actually mind the commute, it's a single train to Charring Cross and the views are lovely. The people here aren't that bad, either, but it's a fucking drug den, and I don't feel welcomed by my mate.

I had a 40 minute phone call at lunch with a good friend who stayed here a week back whilst doing archive research for his dissertation, and he was laughing his tits off at how similar our experiences were. My friend's done this disappear to bang his girlfriend trick before. And my mate said he saw a rat.

Going to book it but I'm ringing my dad and telling him to chip in.
Your friend sounds like a douche.

/judgementalviva

Zabojnik

21m. No yearly installments, no Giovinco included in the deal, not loan with option to buy, just 21m.

Well I'd certainly take that, even though we paid more for him.

"Let me think about it."

photo-40125gif.jpg

Arnie

Damn that sucks man. I'd take the guest-house though. I wouldn't worry about being by yourself. Just go out as much as possible. If you have a travelcard you can pretty much go anywhere you want or need.

Aye it's not ideal. I just don't feel comfortable and I don't look forward to coming back here because:

a) I feel like I'm a burden

and

b) there's no toilet seat, it's full of stoners, the place hasn't been remotely tidied in what looks like years, and I'm an outcast in that I'm always having to sleep early and get up early.

Have to figure out a way to pay them back.
Your friend sounds like a douche.

/judgementalviva
He was my best friend in high school, but we're just vastly different people. I'm wearing Warrior trackies, he's wearing corduroy pants and lose fitting striped shirts. He goes to Goldsmith's to take LSD off an art student's ass, and I would rather have a wank and stream LFC under 21s.

defel

So I'm doing this work experience. Its good, lasts until next Thursday. At the end I'll get a shitload of Adidas products too. However, as I mentioned, the place I'm staying is an unbelievable shit tip. No seat on toilet, my mates housemates are all 24 hours stoners, music until ridiculous hours, I have to either kip on the hard floor, or if my mates girlfriend comes over he literally just disappears to bed with her and I have to work out somewhere else in the house to sleep. Kitchen is unliveable, I've got a pizza in the oven but I don't know if ill eat it, the stench of the oven shelf was unbearable. 40 minute commute into the City.

It's been getting me down, I don't want to go home after work. Spoke to 'me mam', and she said 'me nan' has offered to pay £300 to house me in a guest house from Friday until the Thursday I finish. It's in Bloomsbury, sounds very nice, and even comes with a cooked breakfast each day. And that's the problem. It's too nice. It's too much. Why should I take this? And I'll be completely alone for that duration so it'll be a lot of solitude.

Need your thoughts. Honestly what would you do? Would you stick it out, or take the guest house.

Take the offer. Go live in Bloomsbury and make the most of your work experience. You have a great opportunity at Adidas and all your efforts should be focused on making the most of it. (Im studying in Bloomsbury atm)

Aye it's not ideal. I just don't feel comfortable and I don't look forward to coming back here because:

and

b) there's no toilet seat, it's full of stoners, the place hasn't been remotely tidied in what looks like years, and I'm an outcast in that I'm always having to sleep early and get up early.

I can't imagine why you'd be a burden if your out working all day. It just sounds like your mate doesn't know how to treat his guests properly. It's shame I don't live in London any more or you could come stay with me and we could raz a few red bulls and order chips with curry sauce, or whatever it is you like to do.

Arnie

Take the offer. Go live in Bloomsbury and make the most of your work experience. You have a great opportunity at Adidas and all your efforts should be focused on making the most of it. (Im studying in Bloomsbury atm)

Think it's for the best. Thanks for the advice.

You realise you're the odd one here

Yes.

By the way one of the previous interns finished today and about an hour before she was due to leave the boss said 'have you been hooked up yet', and she told her to go into the big back section and just choose three outfits, each including shoes. Just imagine an Adidas heaven, and that's what you're in. They've got those new Boost shoes, too.

If that happens to me I'll jizz all over the office.

It's next door to pineapple dance studios, too. You can almost hear Louise Spence's cries through the walls.
It just sounds like your mate doesn't know how to treat his guests properly.
That's the exact conclusion me and my other friend (who's just stayed with him) came to today over the phone. It wouldn't be a huge issue if I was only staying for 3 or 4 nights, but i can't hack 13.

Linius

Of course I remember. I was just wondering if that was the one you were talking about :)
I see No Age and Suuns are playing there as well. More tempted to be there, now. Give me a month to salvage the money, and if everything goes well, I am in.

any free or cheap accommodation you would recommend :)

Also £99 Does not equel 99 Euroes. Does it have some special arrangment? I can't see anything special there...

The 99 pounds is for the bus only. I'm not sure what you would normally pay for transport back and forth from England to here. But I'm guessing you will be paying more than the 99 pounds.

The festival it self would cost you 125 euros if included a camping ticket (which is of course the cheapest way to sleep). I think overall you'd be paying somewhere around 210 pound for the festival, camping and traveling with the bus.

It's fun to see a lot of English folks over at the Facebook page coming to us for a festival. Back in the day that used to happen with the Lowlands festival.

Wilbur

Banned
By the way one of the previous interns finished today and about an hour before she was due to leave the boss said 'have you been hooked up yet', and she told her to go into the big back section and just choose three outfits, each including shoes. Just imagine an Adidas heaven, and that's what you're in. They've got those new Boost shoes, too.

It's next door to pineapple dance studios, too. You can almost hear Louise Spence's cries through the walls.

Get me a shell suit as thank you for the advice I gave you today

Holy fuck. Hook a brother up. I'm a size 10

Can't believe Muniain is still only 20.. and he turns 21 at the end of the year lol.

Will you be watching the game? You will witness first hand, Deulofeu greatness.

I think it might be on at the same time as the senior Russia team's game with Brazil but I will definitely catch a replay of it. And this Russia u-21 already played Spain in 2011 and got a 1-1 draw :) although...I don't remember your boy Deulofeu playing.

Russia is also in Spain's group at this years U-21 Euros. So is Germany and Netherlands. Dat group of death :(

faridmon

The 99 pounds is for the bus only. I'm not sure what you would normally pay for transport back and forth from England to here. But I'm guessing you will be paying more than the 99 pounds.

The festival it self would cost you 125 euros if included a camping ticket (which is of course the cheapest way to sleep). I think overall you'd be paying somewhere around 210 pound for the festival, camping and traveling with the bus.

It's fun to see a lot of English folks over at the Facebook page coming to us for a festival. Back in the day that used to happen with the Lowlands festival.

£210? Lets see if I can salvage that much in a month and I'll let you know. As a student, I am synonymous with being poor and skint :p
I can see it being fun with other English people who have the same mind set and all.

arkon

and

He was my best friend in high school, but we're just vastly different people. I'm wearing Warrior trackies, he's wearing corduroy pants and lose fitting striped shirts. He goes to Goldsmith's to take LSD off an art student's ass, and I would rather have a wank and stream LFC under 21s.

Stock up for your final day and leave them with a few carefully placed turds. Preferably ones you've managed to squeeze out immaculately.

Linius

£210? Lets see if I can salvage that much in a month and I'll let you know. As a student, I am synonymous with being poor and skint :p
I can see it being fun with other English people who have the same mind set and all.

I know that feel :p

I'm lucky to still live at home so I'm in a luxury position when it comes to money. And I go to concerts with my dad a lot, saves me a bit of money on travel costs or beers. On the one hand it's kind of sucky I don't have any friends with my weird taste in music but on the other hand it's fun to go with my dad.

dc89

Your PR helps get them off their arses and into the stadium.

I'm glad you can see it dude, I just wish Soriano would and then I can push for that pay rise :p

---

Haha. I follow FC United of Manchester on twitter.

I never knew they have a Giggs and Neville as players.

I know that feel :p

I'm lucky to still live at home so I'm in a luxury position when it comes to money. And I go to concerts with my dad a lot, saves me a bit of money on travel costs or beers. On the one hand it's kind of sucky I don't have any friends with my weird taste in music but on the other hand it's fun to go with my dad.
My dad was cool once.

Not any more though.

Linius

u and me both bro

the only things i have motivation for is chicken and pussy

I have to find the motivation to study for my exam for next week. I really have succeed for that one because the second chance to get it will be in august. And I hate to break up my holiday for school.

pulga

Banned
CASILLAS IS BACK IN TRAINING

1363693943_330511_1363720098_noticia_grande.jpg

He should be ready to play on the 30th if Mourinho wishes it so.

Also, Khedira has taken a knock during training with Germany. Fuck international breaks /underachievingBritGAF

Grow some balls and man up you little fucking baby.

lols im kidding. Fuck that bullshit, crib it up big time at the guest house. Bang the maid if she's hot.

WJD

Going to book it but I'm ringing my dad and telling him to chip in.

You should stay at Wilbury's.

Also, can I have some Predator LZ's please? Size 10.

FootballFan

I think it might be on at the same time as the senior Russia team's game with Brazil but I will definitely catch a replay of it. And this Russia u-21 already played Spain in 2011 and got a 1-1 draw :) although...I don't remember your boy Deulofeu playing.

Russia is also in Spain's group at this years U-21 Euros. So is Germany and Netherlands. Dat group of death :(

Well that sucks for you. Though there is hope in knowing that the youth teams flop much more often that senior ones.

But it won't happen with Deulofeu there. Russia can hope for second spot.

Linius

Review of a Leonard Cohen biography I was reading today, said that as a youngster he hypnotised his family's maid.

I believe it.

Leonard Cohen can do everything. Damn, the man is 77 I believe and he was running over that stage like he's still a teenager :lol

Top Bottom