• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

3Sixty

#Saintsfc defender Luke Shaw again withdraws from England Under 21 through injury

Fantastic. He doesn't have to listen to Stuart Pearce.

Just catching up with the sports news.

What the fuck is going on at Blackburn?!?! How many managers have they had this season? The board are a bunch of fucking cunts. I feel sorry for all Blackburn fans out there.

Salazar

My parents got me a pair of Beats for Christmas. I like them but I only ever use them when I'm at home. They're too big to wear outside imo.

I have a pair of Grados I can't use when I'm out because the sound goes everywhere. I think I have the same Sennheiser buds for the train.

kharma45

Fuck in ear headphones. Fuck them. Fuck 'em right off.

Standard iPod headphones prior to the redesign do for me.

Dat tinny audio.

I've a set of these RHA's, fantastic for the price

61pkL65muAL._AA1500_.jpg
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0053R0WWG/

Meier

I never work out with headphones personally. I won some Bose in-ear buds from Twitter that I have at home. When out and about, I have some of the official Apple in-ears in my work bag. They're not too bad and a million times better than the free ones they give you plus they of course allow you to talk on the phone if you get a call when using them.

dc89

I have B&W P5's for over ear.

And some Atomic Floyd Mini Darts for in ear. The Atomic Floyd were free, my GF was sent them to review on her blog, from a fashion point of view :lol

She doesn't like them, so I got them!

flippedb

Banned
I wanna get the FiiO X3 as soon as it comes out, my poor Clip +'s headphone jack keeps breaking because the plug on the AD900 is soooo big!

And I might get another IEMs, I got my eye on the Vsonic GR07

Fry

I have these:

No complaints. They are really good. They make you oblivious of any noise around you, and the sound is really good without giving your hearing pain.

ibhdFnVUBrvjrK.jpg

arkon

Just catching up with the sports news.

What the fuck is going on at Blackburn?!?! How many managers have they had this season? The board are a bunch of fucking cunts. I feel sorry for all Blackburn fans out there.

Venkys are a joke. The relegation didn't help matters.

Salazar

Yeah I think Salazar wins this one!

Came back from a holiday with a heap of my spending money unspent, and headphones seemed like a killer idea.

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann 1h
The only place MO wanted to go after RM was LFC.Never happened because NUFC offered twice the fee to RM.He was desperate to come back.

lol

Kyle Walker ‏@kyle28walker 5m
Only just heard about new online boutique @HouseOfTreLi but had to get my order in A.S.A.P! Take a look on http://houseoftreli.com #Exclusive

twat

I am a size 8.

I wear headphones. Earphones suck. Beats suck. I have a pair of Urbanears. I bought them before they got famous, everyone has them now. Eugh.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Top 10 best-paid coaches in 2012-13 (Source France Football – figures in Euros)

1. Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid): 14m

2. Carlo Ancelotti (PSG): 12m

3. Marcelo Lippi (Guangzhou Evergrande) : 11m

4. Guus Hiddink (Anzhi Makhachkala): 10.8m

5. Kenny Dalglish (Unemployed): 10m

6. Arsene Wenger (Arsenal): 9.4m

7. Fabio Capello (Russia): 9.2m

8. Roberto Mancini (Manchester City) 7.6m

9. Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United) 7.5 m

10. José Antonio Camacho (China) 6.1m

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...ason-britain-best-paid-manager-193054236.html

Fergie is a bargain. King Kenny still raking it in. Looks like Arsenal's transfer budget goes to Wenger's wages.

Damn, The Gang Goes Jihad is good.

'ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh shit'

I still use my pack-in Walkman earphones

1. Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid): 14m

2. Carlo Ancelotti (PSG): 12m

3. Marcelo Lippi (Guangzhou Evergrande) : 11m

4. Guus Hiddink (Anzhi Makhachkala): 10.8m

5. Kenny Dalglish (Unemployed): 10m

6. Arsene Wenger (Arsenal): 9.4m

8. Roberto Mancini (Manchester City) 7.6m

9. Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United) 7.5 m

10. José Antonio Camacho (China) 6.1m

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...ason-britain-best-paid-manager-193054236.html

Fergie is a bargain. King Kenny still raking it in. Looks like Arsenal's transfer budget goes to Wenger's wages.
Kenny looooooool

I think they've got that wrong though, thinks it's all his staff that added up to a £10m pay off.

Salazar

Dalglish was on a reported salary of around £3.5m while he was at Anfield and a tweet went viral when he left the club that read: "Kenny Dalglish has asked that the £8 million compensation owed to him after his sacking be put towards new Liverpool signings. Amazing gesture."

Angry Liverpool fans then bombarded the Liverpool Echo with phone calls asking why the local paper had not reported Dalglish's gesture.

The Echo were forced to publish a reply saying: "The simple reason is it's not true."

looooooooooool

Phone would have gone off the hook after the first nutter

Clegg

Wenger is being paid a scandalous amount for a manager that has failed at every challenge for the last seven years.

that. he's making 10m while sitting on his couch?

Ahhhh, that's a joke right?

He got a massive compensation fee for some reason when he was sacked.

On the one hand, if anyone deserves to rinse us, its him :p

On the other, its an insane amount of money to be rewarded to someone for basically failing to do their job satisfactorily

This is wrong since the Russian Football Union confirmed that Capello is actually earning less than Advocaat was and he was making 7.5m euros.

What happened with that thread for the guy who met someone on a dating site and she paid for him to fly out and visit her?

Never order Papa John's Favourite btw. Fucking rank.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
What happened with that thread for the guy who met someone on a dating site and she paid for him to fly out and visit her?

The guy posted an update recently. They're getting married.

I've been reading about a bird called the Greater Adjutant. Badass name and looks to match. They're like people.

dc89

Oh yeah, I remember that. GAF's at it's best with moments like that.

I too wonder what happened to him...

I've been reading about a bird called the Greater Adjutant. Badass name and looks to match. They're like people.

... Well. *grabs popcorn*

Hixx

pc fifa gaf sucks

Pop onto mumble see who's on, loads in clubs

Boot fifa up

Everyone fucks off

Cunting typical.
KuGsj.gif

Meier

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/g...-a-stunner-v-manchester-united-last-weekend/?

"Unnamed junior" with a golazo. Suck on that, United!

Holy eff that bird is insane! I think it was determined the dude was full of shit and they'd been "dating" in some capacity for quite awhile online. It wasn't nearly as spur of the moment as he put on.

elseanio

So, I had this discussion with some people yesterday about the fact that wearing a headphone in public looks odd. What do you guys think? I love my headphones, I can't accept inferior earplugs quality when listening to music when traveling and I don't think headphones look off or something.

Here's a pic with headphones: http://i.picpar.com/nKm.jpg

Are headphones in public a common good in your location (wherever that may be)?

I prefer earbuds when I'm out and about, but it's getting more and more common having those overhead ones (especially Beats)

My headphones:

Astro A30

Phonak Audeo PFE 122

and some Sennheisers, CX870

demented

God !@#$ing damn it, so pissed. out of 5 tickets (1e each so no big loss) was waiting last one, 1 game, 93rd minute and literally less than 30 seconds before the end someone scores and I lose all ma money >:[

Did not want those feels, still pissed, was gonna cover my late losses and be a nice bonus for further play.. meh, new day tomorrow.

(haven't been following this thread, anyone bets here? is talk about it allowed? etc)

Top Bottom