• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Suen

Yeah played that so much as well too, every damn day after school. Vice City is my favorite though.
Great game for multiplayer. In my high school days I remember UT being the game we played most in our first year until four of us (one of them being me) got caught by the principal one day and were banned from using our accounts :lol

Anyway after our principal scaring us we switched to playing Halo on LAN at school (at least it was through legal means) and Trackmania rest of the school year. Our last year was all about playing DOTA and nothing else. Good times.

Suen

San Andreas fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk need to play it again now. Best game ever made (APART FROM POKEMON GOLD)
Is the Gold/Silver remake worth playing? I bought the silver remake but haven't even touched it lol, spent countless of hours on the original one though.

rodvik

If the PS4 fails, the Playstation brand may well die, and it'll show that the console industry is moving away from the games-social-media format that played a strong part in the 360's success. If they can keep the price reasonable, the only reason for the PS4 to fail as things stand is a no longer interested market. Which I feel would be terrible for me, personally, and would push me towards PC.

If the rumoured Kinect2paidonlineDRMbox takes off and becomes the new default way of playing games, I'm done with the immediate future.

I am fairly confident Apple will have launched the winning console by that point anyway. Their walled garden used to look draconian now it looks positively benign.

Scum

edit: I used to go on IGN, gamesradar, gamespy, eurogamer, CVG and joystiq on a daily basis, and used to buy OPS2 every month. Now I only go on gaf :s

Too fucking right, 'n all. Press/Journalism and all isn't worth shit nowadays. Waste of anyone's fucking time. They're all nothing but PR goons now.

Lightning

Banned
I'm such a Sony fan. I really want the ps4 to do well as I enjoy the crap out of Sony's games. Combine them with the 3rd party games Sony usually enjoys and it's the ideal gaming experience for me.

PS4 failing will be a disaster for me.

It is the best selling HD console, how did it fail?

Its the discrepancy that causes so many pointless debates :p

Success in a pure profit and general sales sense
Big failure compared to predictions, past success and future-use

@Scum, not really. Gaming has remained profitable, although it no longer reliably props the company up. The TV section has been a financial black hole, as have their mobile phones between 2006 or so and 2011 (I think)

Their computing section isn't great either (Vaios are great though) and their film studio is a huge risk-reward sector

Lightning

Banned
PS4... when we know the damn thing does not break I will get one
Sony pissed me off so much this gen. The early PS3's are dodgy as with their power supply but they took away BC with the later ones so I was fuming when my 60gb PS3 got the YLOD. If they didnt remove BC no problem but no they had to do that.... Bastards

Never liked GTA (or sandbox games in general) My favourite game? RE4 bitches!

I have really liked some sandbox games but never got the obsessions with everything having to be it, some games it really fits but often it ends up shitting up the games more than anything. Also something like GTA always suffered from being too bloated, too many shit missions that just seemed like generic side missions quality.

People listing a game being linear as a certain negative always annoys me so much.

faridmon

I have really liked some sandbox games but never got the obsessions with everything having to be it, some games it really fits but often it ends up shitting up the games more than anything. Also something like GTA always suffered from being too bloated, too many shit missions that just seemed like generic side missions quality.

People listing a game being linear as a certain negative always annoys me so much.

Yeah, that is why I don't like them. They feel so archaic to a point that I don't enjoy it. The missions themselves are not well designed to be tackled linearly and it just feels that they are over bloated. Also, the technical issues Sandbox have are just ridiculous. I like my games to be super focused and to be given attention to details etc.

Suen

It's fantastic and totally worth it.
Thanks! Been a bit excited to play a Pokemon game again since the last one I played was Silver when it was released. Still have it and my GBC left, brings back memories! Will finish DQ 9 first!

Lack of Dragon Quest VIII in all of your lists footballGAF.
This, such a great game.

The only Dragon Quest game I have played VI (remake on the DS) and I didn't enjoy it. Yeah, DQ i snot for me either. If we are talking about Final Fantasy games, that is a diffrent story alltogether.
You're missing out, just running through the world in DQ 8 and observing it was a pleasure. FF stopped being good after 9 for me :/. Never liked the story of FF 10 that much (fun gameplay though) and FF 12 was worse in that regard. However FF 12 gameplay was great, such a refreshing change and the world was rich, loved everything but the story (and Vaan/Penelo) from it. I think I spent 220 hours on it, took me 8 hours to kill Yiazmat :lol.

faridmon

Thanks! Been a bit excited to play a Pokemon game again since the last one I played was Silver when it was released. Still have it and my GBC left, brings back memories! Will finish DQ 9 first!

This, such a great game.

You're missing out, just running through the world in DQ 8 and observing it was a pleasure. FF stopped being good after 9 for me :/. Never liked the story of FF 10 that much (fun gameplay though) and FF 12 was worse in that regard. However FF 12 gameplay was great, such a refreshing change and the world was rich, loved everything but the story (and Vaan/Penelo) from it. I think I spent 220 hours on it, took me 8 hours to kill Yiazmat :lol.

I just think the whole archaic feel of DQ is not for me. I like My games to be linear, expressive journey rather than one that I have to figure out by talking and trial.

FF 12 is my favourite FF game just because of the gameplay. I can attest that the story didn't fullfill its potential but those hunts you do post game was just amazing, and yes Yizmat was fun to kill. I would really do anything for another game like that. Or simply and HD update on that particular game.

You say FF haven't been good since 9, then you must have forgotten that VIII exist :p

Lightning

Banned
FFXII is amazing. One of my favourite games from last gen. I done everything, including the nightmare of obtaining Grand Armor, Danjuro etc... But there is so much to do, so many missions and rare monsters to defeat. Fantastic game.

FFX I enjoyed a lot as well. Bit to linear for my complete liking though and you can't widen the usefulness of your characters until much later in the game as well. Also, the rinse and repeat on the enemies they had from area to area where you faced a slightly stronger version of the SAME enemy over and over again got old in the game too. And whoever decided the takes for the Celestial weapons needs a bullet... Fuck me blitz ball.

Suen

I just think the whole archaic feel of DQ is not for me. I like My games to be linear, expressive journey rather than one that I have to figure out by talking and trial.

FF 12 is my favourite FF game just because of the gameplay. I can attest that the story didn't fullfill its potential but those hunts you do post game was just amazing, and yes Yizmat was fun to kill. I would really do anything for another game like that. Or simply and HD update on that particular game.

You say FF haven't been good since 9, then you must have forgotten that VIII exist :p
I don't think DQ 8 is much of a trial and talking game. If anything it's not that different from FF in the sense that you start out by doing a couple of typical JRPG quests in the beginning and then a larger chunk of the world opens up for you. From that point you can either just go to the next place to follow the story or explore around, very similar to FF7-9 and 12 (and pre FF 7 for that matter). DQ 8 also did modernize itself in several aspects. Biggest change was the battles: from first person to third person when an action is being performed by one of your characters. Environments where for the first time in 3D, the cel-shading graphics made an attractive world, you weren't locked to a top-down perspective etc. The plot, while nothing like FF, is still memorable and likeable.

IIRC they fixed several things in the Japanese version of DQ 8 that were deemed to archaic or primitive for the western audience. I think the entire menu interface was changed to be more suitable and modern (which is funny because the original menu interface in DQ 9 was retained in the western localization and it's bad). Also voice acting, the Japanese version had no voice acting but the western version had GREAT voice acting. The british accents in the game are terrific, fits each character perfectly and gives them more depth.

Still I'll say that my favorite JRPGs are:

FF 7, Suikoden 2 and Grandia, in that order. Close tie between FF 7 and Suikoden 2 though.

Call me crazy but I liked FF8. It was the only FF I didn't finish from the PS era but I decided to replay it four years ago and enjoyed all of it. Game was really easy though and I might be biased simply because I was tired of all shit that came from FF 10 and onwards and wanted the feeling of an old FF game. Why do people hate it anyway?

Suen

FFXII is amazing. One of my favourite games from last gen. I done everything, including the nightmare of obtaining Grand Armor, Danjuro etc... But there is so much to do, so many missions and rare monsters to defeat. Fantastic game.

FFX I enjoyed a lot as well. Bit to linear for my complete liking though and you can't widen the usefulness of your characters until much later in the game as well. Also, the rinse and repeat on the enemies they had from area to area where you faced a slightly stronger version of the SAME enemy over and over again got old in the game too. And whoever decided the takes for the Celestial weapons needs a bullet... Fuck me blitz ball.
I did so much on FF 12 but when I saw the whole rare monster stuff I just fucking gave up. No way in hell I was going to do that and I was tired of the game at that point, who wouldn't be after that many hours lol. I did get all summons, most of the best weapons, killed those two extra bosses + did all those hunt missions. Think I missed one or two sidequests because I had gone too far in the game to be able to do them anymore. There's too much to do in that game.

FF X had lots of rinse/repeat for enemies, very true. I guess I didn't mind it that much then. Blitzball was shit (but I still played it lots loooool). FF X-2.....what a torture from start to finish (but the battle system is fucking great, which makes me more pissed off).

Did anyone list Shadow Hearts? I'm probably among the few who liked the first one but Shadow Hearts 2 was fucking great in all aspects (except voice acting). They improved the game in every damn way, one of my favorite JRPGs on PS2.

faridmon

Did anyone list Shadow Hearts? I'm probably among the few who liked the first one but Shadow Hearts 2 was fucking great in all aspects (except voice acting). They improved the game in every damn way, one of my favorite JRPGs on PS2.

Koudelka > Shadow Heart 2 > Shadow Heart > Shadow Heart: From the new world

/flips scarf

I would have to reply to you in more detail, but I have to go to bed, but my favourite JRPgs are: Baten Kaitos, Tales of the Abyss, The World Ends with You, Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy 6, Xenosaga Ep III, Suikoden V (That is right!), Koudelka, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Phantasy Star VI

FootballFan

Also apparently Cassano has named his son Lionel "In honour of the greatest player of all time".

:eek: He must really like Messi, too bad he hasn't seen all the cunt things Pulga has eh.

FootballFan

'Hmm, fleshy lips. Short hair just above the lips. Its that cunt Valdes'

In his head: "Oh shit it's Valdes, quick knock him out"

*Uppercuts Valdes*

*Barca players and fans celebrate, Mourinho cries*

I love how Pinto says "We are the ones that TRY to stop the other teams from scoring" Yeah you try, definitely don't do. lol

In his head: "Oh shit it's Valdes, quick knock him out"

*Uppercuts Valdes*

*Barca players and fans celebrate, Mourinho cries*

I love how Pinto says "We are the ones that TRY to stop the other teams from scoring" Yeah you try, definitely don't do. lol

Sorry bro, but clean sheets just aren't part of your DNA :p

Ingeniero

I got tickets for WC qualifiers match Perú vs Chile this friday.
This is gonna be good. I hope we win the clasico del pacifico.

Suen

Koudelka > Shadow Heart 2 > Shadow Heart > Shadow Heart: From the new world

/flips scarf

I would have to reply to you in more detail, but I have to go to bed, but my favourite JRPgs are: Baten Kaitos, Tales of the Abyss, The World Ends with You, Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy 6, Xenosaga Ep III, Suikoden V (That is right!), Koudelka, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Phantasy Star VI
I actually bought Koudelka just to complete my collection of the series but man the game was so shit, didn't even make it to the third CD because I couldn't beat one of the bosses, I swear the system was fucking broken in that game and it must have been on purpose. Still wish I had played it before SH so I could have picked up the references to it. Otherwise yeah I agree, SH 2 > SH > SH 3
> Koudelka
. Yuri is fucking awesome.

Hey I always wanted Baten Kaitos but I didn't have any NGC back then but I finally bought both games last year. Bought also this official nintendo silver gamecube controller, only need a memory card and I'm all set! Man I remember being so hyped for TWEWY that I bought it at release but it's still sealed :lol. FF 6 is great, can't believe I hated this game when I played it 11 years ago only to love it when I replayed it a few years ago. They seriously need to remake it.

Suikoden 5 was a good game. I hated it's dungeon layout as I often got lost and the encounter rate was ridiculous as was the loading times, that irritated lots. It was still better than the fourth game (which I still actually liked, Snowe and Troy were great characters and the game had Ted, badass in the game if you played Suikoden 1 before 5 of course) but I was slightly disappointed with it. The disappointment didn't come from the game being bad or anything, it was good but people were hyping it to be as good if not better than Suikoden 2 so I had great expectations only to be let down :(

S2 > S1 > S3 > S5 > S4

Fuck you Konami for killing this series and fuck that new Suikoden bullshit you did
which I hoped would be successful so you might have had the money and interest to go back to the original series
. Seriously I only think of MGS when I see that company. What happened? Contra? Gradius? Suikoden (no not that DS and PSP bullshit)? Traditional Castlevania or Metroidvania? All gone.

Have a good sleep!

Suen

Cassano is a cunt. It's like those parents that named their kids Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation.
Who the hell name their kids 'Aryan Nation'? Doesn't even make fucking sense. Since we are in the football thread do any parents name their kids 'Empire Madrid' and 'Kingdom of Arsenal'?

Who the hell name their kids 'Aryan Nation'? Doesn't even make fucking sense

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/deborah-and-heath-campbel_n_1035040.html

Those kind of people. Not sure how you could expect them to actually make sense. :p

bJTieim.jpg

tel5I9U.jpg

Top Bottom