• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

FootballFan

My reason for your absence to everyone here was:

Napoli and Zuniga have failed him, Zapata was at the end of a massive comeback in the CL, James and Jackson failed Porto, Falcao lost it and Atletico aren't second anymore, Rondon is about to destroy Colombia, it's just too much.

2XR5UW4.gif

I missed you. I don't hate anybody like I hate you. Did you keep that mustache coach dude?

We were starting to be afraid mang. :(

I missed you. I don't hate anybody like I hate you. Did you keep that mustache coach dude?

At least until the end of the season. If we don't qualify for CL though then there is no way we won't fire him.

Btw, you scared of Salomon Rondon? Last time I mentioned him you disappeared for over a week.

Lol. Who is Russia playing?

We'll crush Bolivia and draw against La Vinotinto

We're playing Northern Ireland on Friday who we should destroy 1-0 and then we'll make Neymar(and Fry!) cry on Monday. Knowing my luck though, that will be the game where Hulk will stop being dreadful.

Koko

Banned
I didn't knew that Błaszczykowski saw how his father assassinate his mother at age of 11. That's really sad

I'm glad that you are back Bandres

pulga

Banned
Also apparently Cassano has named his son Lionel "In honour of the greatest player of all time".

:eek: He must really like Messi, too bad he hasn't seen all the cunt things Pulga has eh.

lol are you kidding me

It's Cassano. Cunts are drawn to other cunts like moths to a flame

Wilbur

Banned
Andres has just had a cocaine related fugue state

I want to know what happened

I need to know

Who is dead

Whose hymen is still intact

What did you do to Robin van Persie

Holy hell at the Polygon thread in gaming - dat...drama?

At one side I would hope Polygon would go away forever. On the other, it would be nice to see them embarrass themselves for years to come.

For those who haven't been following :

A summary of the Walker / Crecente stuff for those who hate or cannot read Twitter.

9th March

12th March
  • Kotaku discovered the ability to play SimCity offline for 19 minutes.
  • John Walker of RockPaperShotgun originally broke the story citing a Maxis insider who said the EA servers don’t really do anything: "The servers are not handling any of the computation done to simulate the city you are playing. They are still acting as servers, doing some amount of computation to route messages of various types between both players and cities. As well, they’re doing cloud storage of save games, interfacing with Origin, and all of that. But for the game itself? No, they’re not doing anything." Eurogamer, GameSpot, Kotaku and others ran with the story.

13th March

14th March

16th March
  • Walker posted an interview with Azzer who confirmed the claims of the Maxis insider: "The SimCity servers are not doing any calculations that could not be done on your PC, even for an entire region single player offline mode, let alone just the city you are in...All the server sends to your client, is some very basic data about each city...they are trying to handle all of the saving server side ("the cloud") which is bogging them down constantly."

17th March
  • Brian Crecente of Polygon posted a link to the RPS interview and said he was in the process of reading the interview and Azzer’s YouTube notes. He then sent both EA and Azzer questions based on the RPS findings.

19th March
  • Crecente posted an interview with Azzer who confirmed the claims of the Maxis insider: "It's not possible that EA servers are 'offloading' calculations (simulations) for your city, which it works out, and then sends to your client… Not at all. Your client simulates your city, and your client simulates all of the 'fire trucks from another city' type stuff too. Your client does that all. EA servers do not do any processing that your client is incapable of because our 'computers aren't powerful enough." The articles were kinda similar.
  • In a number of deleted comments Crecente said the original source of the story was the Lucy Bradshaw interview from a week and a half ago despite posting no original article in the meantime. He also said this story was entirely original and took 3 days of fact-finding to prepare.
  • Crecente said he had no knowledge of either RPS article and the source of the story was actually the Reddit post, not RPS, but that "I'll have to go check them out" and Walker was "doing good work".
  • When shown the article that originally broke the story – the one from the 12th – he said "oh, that I saw" but maintained Reddit as the source, not the story from the 16th which he didn't see. He said he started working on his story on Sunday, the day after RPS posted it and the day he read it.
  • All comments on the Polygon article either citing RPS as the source of the story or criticising Gies for attempting to discredit the RPS story that Polygon were now running were deleted. Polygon then added a link at the bottom of their story to the one from RPS on the 16th.
  • Folk on Twitter accused Crecente of plagiarism. Walker defended him.
  • After things calmed down Crecente maintained he didn’t lie. When shown his link to the RPS story he said he "only scanned it", but it inspired him to contact Azzer.

tl;dr: RPS posted everything first, Polygon rubbished it, Crecente saw the story and posted the same story with the same interview with the same source 3 days later, lied about the original source of the story and never seeing the RPS articles, was found out, kept lying, was found out again, changed his story, was found out again and changed his story again.

Dat quality journalism.

As a bonus, if you aren't actually making games you can't criticize them according to Gies from Polygon.

OXQQJF9.jpg

Which makes him doing exactly that as his job kind of weird.

FootballFan

At one side I would hope Polygon would go away forever. On the other, it would be nice to see them embarrass themselves for years to come.

For those who haven't been following :

Dat quality journalism.

As a bonus, if you aren't actually making games you can't criticize them according to Gies from Polygon.

OXQQJF9.jpg

Which makes him doing exactly that as his job kind of weird.

Fuck thanks for that. Hate reading tweets. @Twitter #FuckOff

What an ass hat.

---

Bayern fans, you have a new person to follow on Twitter.
@Manuel_Neuer

And you were in there asking people why they dislike Gies :p
The guy is clearly a huge douche.

Time I meant to sleep/Time I actually slept

6/8
6/8
8/12
8/3

Feels bad, man :(

dc89

And you were in there asking people why they dislike Gies :p
The guy is clearly a huge douche.

Well now I know he has a history of being a douche.

---

Yaya Toure's agent has claimed that the Ivorian superstar is ready to tell Manchester City he is leaving if a new deal is not concluded by this weekend.

Toure's representative Dimitri Seluk says talks have been ongoing for six months over an extension to his current deal, which runs to 2015.

However, Seluk says that things have not gone according to plan and he does not feel that Toure will stay.

"If he signs a contract in the next three or four days, OK. If not, we will not wait any longer and will start negotiations with different clubs," Seluk is quoted by The Sun.

"Today is Tuesday, so it means by Saturday. We will say 'Thank you. OK, Yaya will leave in May.'

"I do not feel he will stay at City. This is not about money. He wants to leave because of many reasons.

"He is one of the best players at Manchester City but does not feel the respect of the staff. Only Roberto Mancini respects Yaya."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...anchester-City-star-is-ready-to-quit-the-club

FFS.

I didn't like Polygon's writing and I knew some of the staff were really bleh people. Their idea of making a documentary about themselves and how they're changing the gaming journalism was bad.

But that's just... Damn.

Kenka

Bild-GAF, you win:

MuDj93D.jpg

It seems like Dortmund wants 30M€ to let go of Lewa one year before his contract expires.
Last year, RVP left Arsenal for 29M€ in a similar case and De Jong joined City for 20M€.

Lewa would sign another kind of record if the agreement is reached at this height.

FootballFan

Time to make those calls, Roman. Toure, Fellani and Ramires, get dat midfield sorted.

The rumours were true then, Yaya does want to return to Barca.

We welcome him with open arms, but nothing has changed, Busquets will still start over him. He was very good for us but Biscuits is even better.

Song + 10m for Yaya.

FootballFan

- Abidal played for Barca B in a friendly. :D

- Tito is back! Roura's time as head coach is over, was a tough period to be in charge tbh.

- David Villa: “Physically, I’m at my best – I’ve gotten over all those little problems that were bothering me and I’m happy to be feeling fine again

Top Bottom