• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Zabojnik

- David Villa: “Physically, I’m at my best – I’ve gotten over all those little problems that were bothering me and I’m happy to be feeling fine again. If Juve want to make a bid for me, I'm ready and willing to join the glorious Old Lady.”

Why did you leave out the best part?

It´s all about the money. It´s really pathetic, but if it works, who cares? Agents are killing the game. Loyalty is not a useful word in this business anymore.

Players are only loyal to the clubs they either supported as a kid, or bought them through the system. Which is fair enough imo, won't pretend I wouldn't do the same if I played for PSG or someone and could get a better offer.

Agents are a shitstain on football though

edit: Someone on SSN called Rowan Simons. What a stupid name.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There's going to be a special Skins finale with Cassie as the central character \o/

Cool. I liked that show but never finished watching the most recent series. I really liked the first two 'generations'.

Wes

venison crêpe
Cool. I liked that show but never finished watching the most recent series. I really liked the first two 'generations'.

They're doing three films (90minutes I guess) to round off the series. One centred around Cook, one around Effy and another around Cassie.

They're doing three films (90minutes I guess) to round off the series. One centred around Cook, one around Effy and another around Cassie.

I thought I read up ages ago they are bringing all three "generations" together. Is that what is happening? Or is it just Generation one and two?

First two gens were really good. Most people preferred the first gen but I preferred the second. Since then it's been crap.

Yeah yeah, way safe.

Woohoo, bought tickets for Atoms for Peace. More Thom Yorke dancing!

nRg8Z.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Michael Dawson has an outside chance of recovering for Tottenham’s match at Swansea in 10 days’ time but Aaron Lennon’s hamstring trouble is causing more of a headache at White Hart Lane.

Both players were forced to withdraw from the England squad because of hamstring damage. While Spurs believe Dawson could be back for the Premier League game at the Liberty Stadium, they are determined not to rush Lennon after the winger suffered a setback in the recent Europa League tie at Inter Milan.

If he returns ahead of schedule again, it is thought he risks a hamstring tear which could mean an absence of up to a month.

Lennon complained of tightness in his hamstring in both legs of the quarter-final against the Serie A club and missed the League defeat at Liverpool on March 10. Head coach Andre Villas-Boas would have preferred not to use him in the return fixture at San Siro but as Spurs were performing poorly, Lennon was sent on in the second half.

I blame Gallas.

WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored 1h
Robin van Persie: Has missed more clear cut chances than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues 2012/13 (21) ahead of Messi/Negredo (20)

The hell. He's rubbish.

elseanio

Robin van Persie: Has missed more clear cut chances than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues 2012/13 (21) ahead of Messi/Negredo (20)

The hell. He's rubbish.

So a more clinical Messi could have been on 62 goals in 28 games?

Whoscored stats seem so sketchy

WJD

The hell. He's rubbish.

He just looks fucking knackered. Adrenaline and excitement over being at a big club can only get you so far after a negligible preseason I guess.

Wilbur

Banned
Leeds getting sold again already apparently

English football's in a dire state with regards to ownership. Half the teams in the country have legitimate qualms with their board.

Wes

venison crêpe
Will Manchester United splash a lot of money in the summer? They're going to win the league at a canter but they seem short of a couple of further impact players on the continental stage.

Kyoufu

English football's in a dire state with regards to ownership. Half the teams in the country have legitimate qualms with their board.

My guess is because these owners are businessmen and not football fans, so they're just looking for a profit rather than making their clubs compete with the top clubs.

*cough* Mike Ashley *cough*

*cough* Arsenal's owner *cough*

we all hate Leeds scum
we all hate Leeds scum
we all hate Leeds scum
we all hate Leeds scum
we all hate Leeds scum
we all hate Leeds scum

Will Manchester United splash a lot of money in the summer? They're going to win the league at a canter but they seem short of a couple of further impact players on the continental stage.
I have a feeling that we will.

LegoArmo

Think their budget is around 50m each summer. I don't know if they'll spend that much. Probably.

(winger, centre mid)

Wilbur

Banned

I reckon we'll be getting a young centre back and a midfielder with genuine potential, as well as bringing Powell into the fold, Zaha coming and Henriquez returning. First and last of those three might go on loan though.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
DANIEL Day-Lewis is considering a major role in a film about Celtic, it has been reported.

• Oscar-winning Daniel Day-Lewis has “expressed interest” in taking up Celtic founder role

• Club confirms discussions with film-makers, including director Peter Mullan

:O

Wilbur

Banned
DANIEL Day-Lewis is considering a major role in a film about Celtic, it has been reported.

• Oscar-winning Daniel Day-Lewis has “expressed interest” in taking up Celtic founder role

• Club confirms discussions with film-makers, including director Peter Mullan

:O

Who will play Tony Watt

Top Bottom