• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Fry

I hope for you guys United actually realise they aren't winning the title because they are that good, but more that the rest is playing like diarrhea coming out of a horse's ass.

We all do. But a title is a title, I'm sure they won't give a shit.

Wes

venison crêpe
You guys are forgetting Man Utd are in more debt than Greece. If they have an excuse to spend less on transfers to cut the debt bill then they will.

Saying that, I absolutely agree that standing still is the worst thing to do in football as evident by us this season. I think Man Utd will spend money but maybe not much of it.

I think whilst Fergie is still there they'll keep "spending". The day to worry about United will be when he leaves.

You guys are forgetting Man Utd are in more debt than Greece. If they have an excuse to spend less on transfers to cut the debt bill then they will.

Saying that, I absolutely agree that standing still is the worst thing to do in football as evident by us this season. I think Man Utd will spend money but maybe not much of it.
Glazers are cheap-asses no two ways about it but it's worth remembering that the last two summers have been our biggest transfer spends ever.

I spent alot of last year having a pop at them but in fairness after a horrible year on the pitch and financially they did stump up the cash in the summer. We should be spending way more than we are but I can definitely see a £50m net spend - which would be enough to get those players.

Also this is just a random theory but I have a feeling Fergie is being allowed a few "vanity buys" as a thank you before he leaves.

I hope for you guys United actually realise they aren't winning the title because they are that good, but more that the rest is playing like diarrhea coming out of a horse's ass.
This is my favourite thing about this season.

We're so crap and we're so far ahead. It's amazing.

Thank you Fergie. Oh wait, managers don't matter!

confuziz

Banned
Fuck that's a point. If managers don't matter then why are United top

Good question.

Managers make things worse (look at Chelsea/City). They have the proper material to win a title, but they don't because everyone on this forum is smarter than the managers at both clubs.

They are complete retards, incapable of doing even the most simple and logical things as a manager. They make players look worse than they are. They buy the wrong players, can't handle them and play them in the wrong positions.

In conclusion, managers can only make things worse, not better.

Peco

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

cokebadger_gif_snortiibjuv.gif
?

Wilbur

Banned
Good question.

Managers make things worse (look at Chelsea/City). They have the proper material to win a title, but they don't because everyone on this forum is smarter than the managers at both clubs.

They are complete retards, incapable of doing even the most simple and logical things as a manager. They make players look worse than they are. They buy the wrong players, can't handle them and play them in the wrong positions.

In conclusion, managers can only make things worse, not better.

Teachers = managers

Clegg

Viva, you missed the other story about United's interest in Steven Detour.

And calcio whatever are saying that Porto have already rejected United's bid for James.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
- Abidal played for Barca B in a friendly. :D

- Tito is back! Roura's time as head coach is over, was a tough period to be in charge tbh.

- David Villa: “Physically, I’m at my best – I’ve gotten over all those little problems that were bothering me and I’m happy to be feeling fine again

Messi?

arkon

Was he the guy that Fergie sent a letter out to after some injury? I know some mates were saying there were links way back. I wonder how he's gotten on at Porto.

edit:

lol

I was going to say that at the time, but it felt like I (in the role of Messi) would have been beating a dead horse (Villa)

And calcio whatever are saying that Porto have already rejected United's bid for James.
Forget Defour.

Opening gambit, Mendes will do the rest.

Was he the guy that Fergie sent a letter out to after some injury? I know some mates were saying there were links way back. I wonder how he's gotten on at Porto.
Yeah, but that was when he was at Liege.

Linius

Well damn, Justified hit an extra level of awesomeness this week. If they'll wrap it up good this may end up as my favourite season :D

Zabojnik

They're still talking about Conte's "exaggerated" celebration after Bologna - Juventus. I can't believe this shit. It was a very important match for us. He celebrated Marchisio's goal with our fans. There was nothing offensive in it. GET OVER IT.

Wilbur

Banned
There's a restaurant near me that does this menu. As someone who doesn't eat seafood, has only tried salmon once and wasn't too fond, but recently tried duck, pork belly and ostrich and loved all of them: can anyone recommend shit that they might have tried? All the steaks sound really nice I think

ZEBRA
Homemade Zebra, onion pearl and stilton pie
Served with wholegrain mustard mash potato and vegetable £15.95
CAMEL
Braised camel fillet in Madeira and red currant sauce
Served with roast shallots, sweet mashed potato and vegetables £16.95
REINDEER
Grilled reindeer fillet skewer in chardonnay, grape, ginger and yogurt sauce Served with Cajun potato wedges and garden salad
£18.95
CROCODILE
Slow-cooked crocodile tails in coconut, lemon grass and ginger sauce Served with steamed rice and vegetables
£18.95
QUAIL
Roasted boneless quail, stuffed with ham and egg
Served on a bed of tagliatelle in a light spicy tomato sauce
£16.95
VEAL SHANK
Slow-cooked braised veal shank in Red wine and gravy sauce Served with polenta mashed (corn mashed) and vegetables
£16.95
EXOTIC STEAKS & GRILLS
Our exotic steaks are 8-10oz (uncooked wait)
Served with chips, grilled tomato, onion rings garlic mushroom and fresh Green vegetable
KANGAROO RUMP MEDALLION
£18.95
VENISON HAUNCH STEAK
£18.95
WILD BOAR STEAK
£18.95
REINDEER RUMP STEAK
£18.95
OSTRICH FILLET STEAK
£18.95

Linius

There's a restaurant near me that does this menu. As someone who doesn't eat seafood, has only tried salmon once and wasn't too fond, but recently tried duck, pork belly and ostrich and loved all of them: can anyone recommend shit that they might have tried? All the steaks sound really nice I think

Sounds like the menu of a sandbox game that allows you to hunt and eat your prey.

Slizz

Croc, veal and venison.

Croc tastes a lot like chicken, maybe just a little chewy.

All the meat they have

bud

fucking hell, i could totally go for some STEAK right now.

i remember my first time eating a properly cooked steak--it fucking melted in my mouth.

hnnnngggggg.

They all sound amazing.

Only recently tried duck and belly pork though? Where the fuck you been?

Wilbur

Banned
Might just go once a month or something and try a fair amount of shit. Can't imagine things like zebra and camel tasting bad because they'll just be big chunky meat things in the end. Croc is the weirdest thing there but if it tastes like chicken then DAMN

Linius

fucking hell, i could totally go for some STEAK right now.

i remember my first time eating a properly cooked steak--it fucking melted in my mouth.

hnnnngggggg.

Good steaks are the best. Vegetarians are really missing out on something good.

Also; rabbit tastes really good. And deer. I feel like a savage for typing this :p

Stop playin wit me, Vivi.

This story seems like a load of rubbish.

An Italian paper with the scoop on an English clubs bid for a Colombian playing in Portugal.

pls
Of course Calciomikado are a worthless source.

But we want James for real.

Everyone knows it.

Slizz

Might just go once a month or something and try a fair amount of shit. Can't imagine things like zebra and camel tasting bad because they'll just be big chunky meat things in the end. Croc is the weirdest thing there but if it tastes like chicken then DAMN

Croc/gator is eaten often here in Florida. Most times places just fry em up just like chicken tenders. One place that I frequent has a gator taco special going on.

arkon

They're still talking about Conte's "exaggerated" celebration after Bologna - Juventus. I can't believe this shit. It was a very important match for us. He celebrated Marchisio's goal with our fans. There was nothing offensive in it. GET OVER IT.

It's silly if they are still going on about it. Must be a slow news cycle.

Linius

Croc/gator is eaten often here in Florida. Most times places just fry em up just like chicken tenders. One place that I frequent has a gator taco special going on.

Do take 'em directly of the gator lakes? Local alligator in your taco, I could see how that would be a seller.

Wilbur

Banned
They all sound amazing.

Only recently tried duck and belly pork though? Where the fuck you been?

Just not an experimental eater :lol

If I went to a buffet that did all that food I'd be more than happy to. I would just regret spending a bunch on a meal in the fear I don't like it and having to buy something else.

Tried duck and pork belly off my girlfriend's plate, was mucho delicioso.

Slizz

Do take 'em directly of the gator lakes? Local alligator in your taco, I could see how that would be a seller.

Yea, the specific restaurant with the gator tacos is called Lokal. Basically everything is from Florida with the exception of a few beers. Local cow, chicken, vegetables, the works and everything is made in house, ketchup, honey mustard.... It's an amazing place.

arkon

If I went to a buffet that did all that food I'd be more than happy to. I would just regret spending a bunch on a meal in the fear I don't like it and having to buy something else.

I'm like this. I tend to stick to what I know I'll like, particularly for those sorts of prices.

Linius

I've never eaten horse meat on purpose. I might have eaten horse meat because they seem to mix it in everything nowadays according to the news :lol

Yea, the specific restaurant with the gator tacos is called Lokal. Basically everything is from Florida with the exception of a few beers. Local cow, chicken, vegetables, the works and everything is made in house, ketchup, honey mustard.... It's an amazing place.

That sounds amazing indeed.

Zabojnik

It's silly if they are still going on about it. Must be a slow news cycle.

Nah, every occasion is a good one to throw dirt on Juve for the italian media. Be it from Berlusconi's side (Merdaset) or the roman side (RAI). We're used to it, but it's still annoying.

Would he be a winger though?

We already have Zaha coming in so one of Tony V/Nani/Young must be leaving.
Nani.

Don't resist it. You know you want this.

images

Even i've eaten duck before and I'm a properly safe eater.

Recently I switched to medium/rare steaks. I'm used to having my meat WELL done cos I'm Indian innit, but God Damn, when that meat is red...it tastes good.

Salazar

Alain Ducasse is apparently doing a camel dish (after much trial and error and experimentation) in his Dubai restaurant.

If getting it right taxes the skills of Ducasse, I don't know that I'd take a chance on it.

Top Bottom