• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Wes

venison crêpe
Remember the Fink Tank? FootballGAF 1.0 used to check it a lot I remember.

ozsAB57.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
DANIEL Day-Lewis is considering a major role in a film about Celtic, it has been reported.

• Oscar-winning Daniel Day-Lewis has “expressed interest” in taking up Celtic founder role

• Club confirms discussions with film-makers, including director Peter Mullan

:O

I thought he was taking a break for five years.

GorillaJu

WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored 1h
Robin van Persie: Has missed more clear cut chances than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues 2012/13 (21) ahead of Messi/Negredo (20)

The hell. He's rubbish.

That's part of his game. He makes easy chances look hard and makes the hard ones look easy. Been like that for some time, IMO.

Meier

Read all those Yaya articles last night before bed. If there's even a shred of truth to him, then it's utterly fucked up considering he has over 2 years left on his deal. I'm sure City would prefer to negotiate an extension in the summer like most other people with lengthy deals. His agent was making waves during the summer too.. he can go to hell.

All that Polygon bullshit is exactly why I never, ever read any game news site but GAF. Why would I? The interesting stuff is shared here anyway -- no reason to deal with rubbish.

Kyoufu

Read all those Yaya articles last night before bed. If there's even a shred of truth to him, then it's utterly fucked up considering he has over 2 years left on his deal. I'm sure City would prefer to negotiate an extension in the summer like most other people with lengthy deals. His agent was making waves during the summer too.. he can go to hell.

All that Polygon bullshit is exactly why I never, ever read any game news site but GAF. Why would I? The interesting stuff is shared here anyway -- no reason to deal with rubbish.

Polygon are the woooooorst.

bud

DANIEL Day-Lewis is considering a major role in a film about Celtic, it has been reported.

• Oscar-winning Daniel Day-Lewis has “expressed interest” in taking up Celtic founder role

• Club confirms discussions with film-makers, including director Peter Mullan

:O

to prepare for this part he will beat barca's eleven by himself.

That's part of his game. He makes easy chances look hard and makes the hard ones look easy. Been like that for some time, IMO.
I really can't remember many easy chances he's missed though. Only ones that spring to mind are against Spurs and Everton.

20 more? Would like to see them.

Slizz

I really can't remember many easy chances he's missed though. Only ones that spring to mind are against Spurs and Everton.

20 more? Would like to see them.

I can't name the specific games but I'm pretty sure I've seen around 10 missed easy ones from him. Most of the time it's when we already have a lead and are trying to add more.

I can't name the specific games but I'm pretty sure I've seen around 10 missed easy ones from him. Most of the time it's when we already have a lead and are trying to add more.
Hmm, could be.

Rooney is the opposite. Finishes all the ones he should, hardly ever scores otherwise :p

arkon

I wonder how Barca would treat a game against Pep's Bayern. Would they be pumped? Or would they be too sentimental?

I think they would be pumped. Messi wouldn't let them do otherwise.

Plus the team all have loads of experience playing in big matches and finals. I think they'd treat it like any other game until it's over and then bring on the sentimentality.

Salazar

Just bought gallons of Pepsi Max Cherry by mistake.

Toxic filth.

I didn't know there fucking was a fucking pepsi max cherry.

Kyoufu

Why would Man Utd buy some overrated and expensive Portuguese players when they have a 15 point lead at the top of the table with their current crop of midfielders?

Those were different times my friend. Continental Europe has taken over. Ze germans are coming.
English teams were worse in Europe then than they are now.

James is shit now, go away vultures.
Perfect, we don't have to spend time coaching the skill out of him then.

Do you think if Fergie did win the treble next season he would retire?
Instantly.

I still think there's a chance he goes this year.

Why would Man Utd buy some overrated and expensive Portuguese players when they have a 15 point lead at the top of the table with their current crop of midfielders?
Because Ferguson will always refresh his team.

Wes

venison crêpe

Two reasons:
- Standing still is the worst thing you can do.
- If they have European ambitions they need to get some more quality in.

Kyoufu

Sounds like something Man City might do. Stagnate.

Two reasons:
- Standing still is the worst thing you can do.
- If they have European ambitions they need to get some more quality in.

You guys are forgetting Man Utd are in more debt than Greece. If they have an excuse to spend less on transfers to cut the debt bill then they will.

Saying that, I absolutely agree that standing still is the worst thing to do in football as evident by us this season. I think Man Utd will spend money but maybe not much of it.

confuziz

Banned
I hope for you guys United actually realise they aren't winning the title because they are that good, but more that the rest is playing like diarrhea coming out of a horse's ass.

Top Bottom