• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Just not an experimental eater :lol

If I went to a buffet that did all that food I'd be more than happy to. I would just regret spending a bunch on a meal in the fear I don't like it and having to buy something else.

Tried duck and pork belly off my girlfriend's plate, was mucho delicioso.

Fair enough, there's nothing I wouldn't try as long as it wasn't (overly) dangerous or inherently disgusting.

Belly pork is the food of gods.

Clegg

Nani.

Don't resist it. You know you want this.

images
Nani + money for James?

But that seems unlikey. Nani is a Sporting boy.

Meier

I read a GREAT interview with Nate Silver a few days ago and can't find it again. He had a bit about he way a manager can affect a squad and get them playing at better than the mean. Wish I could find it..

Wilbur

Banned
Nani.

Don't resist it. You know you want this.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS40CV8TejDHAXWbm-Re3depws76I14zd-eNc5yRr2H0pxGseie[/MG]

Even i've eaten duck before and I'm a properly safe eater.

Recently I switched to medium/rare steaks. I'm used to having my meat WELL done cos I'm Indian innit, but God Damn, when that meat is red...it tastes good.[/QUOTE]

Mm, I used to get medium well done but switching to medium rare has opened my eyes. Fucking steaks man... they're amazing.

[quote="Salazar, post: 50838801"]Alain Ducasse is apparently doing a camel dish (after much trial and error and experimentation) in his Dubai restaurant.

If getting it right taxes the skills of Ducasse, I don't know that I'd take a chance on it.[/QUOTE]

:lol

Maybe I'll give it a miss.

Clegg

I doubt they'd want him and I doubt Nani wants to go back to Portugal.

Then who would want him? Zenit maybe?

And James is one of those players we've been linked with for so long that I doubt anything will ever actually come of it. Unless we really pay the £30m which Porto want.

Salazar

This Joss Stone story reads like a windup

"Simon Morgan QC, for the prosecution, read text messages sent by Mr Liverpool to a man called Junior Judge asking for a car and three semi-automatic handguns with silencers and infrared sights. He called himself 'Lethal Kevin' and referred to his flatmate Mr Bradshaw as 'Playdogg'. He asked Mr Judge to provide 'soldiers' and 'Young Boyz' for his plan. Mr Liverpool is alleged to have referred to Ms Stone as a 'she-Devil'".

GorillaJu

There's a restaurant near me that does this menu. As someone who doesn't eat seafood, has only tried salmon once and wasn't too fond, but recently tried duck, pork belly and ostrich and loved all of them: can anyone recommend shit that they might have tried? All the steaks sound really nice I think

I've had Camel before. It's not especially good. Tastes pretty much exactly how you would imagine it. Similar to steak but firmer.

Linius

"Simon Morgan QC, for the prosecution, read text messages sent by Mr Liverpool to a man called Junior Judge asking for a car and three semi-automatic handguns with silencers and infrared sights. He called himself 'Lethal Kevin' and referred to his flatmate Mr Bradshaw as 'Playdogg'. He asked Mr Judge to provide 'soldiers' and 'Young Boyz' for his plan. Mr Liverpool is alleged to have referred to Ms Stone as a 'she-Devil'".

I read about this in this mornings paper. Quite the disturbing story, having some fellas outside your door that want to chop off your head with a samurai sword :/

They asked a postman for directions to her house. I think they're just total idiots, reminds me of the black guys in snatch

Meier

okay, serious question:

what the fuck is wrong with the commentator?

Hah, it's goofy but it's what he's expected to do.. especially on a wondergoal like that. I don't think there are any Spanish language announcers who don't do it (well, at least in the Americas. They might not in Spain).

feel

That might've been the radio commentator, TV guys don't gooooool for that long.

I get to hear the little songs every weekend while watching the premiership narrated by the Bambino Pons, he has one for every striker and sometimes makes them up on the spot, it's fucking awesome IMO.

He also does the famous crying "pa que te traje..". Love that guy.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Who is gonna be the centre of all the transfer speculation this summer?

Last year it was Hazard. Bale maybe?

Bale is probably the most likely candidate, although there isn't much to speculate on. There are only about 3 clubs that could afford him.

The Hazard stuff was fun because he was a £25m player not a £50m one, loads of clubs were linked.

Salazar

I'm reading that Roman's son Arkadiy was linked in 2010 with a takeover bid for FC Copenhagen.

Wooden, it strains the mind to believe that you are unconnected with this.

TeegsD

Nani + money for James?

But that seems unlikey. Nani is a Sporting boy.

Hasn't stopped 3 players in the last few years.

Also saw that Porto fans destroyed a Malaga restaurant after the game this past week. Winning the league 8 times over the past 10 years must've ramped up so much stress on those poor souls

Suen

I'm reading that Roman's son Arkadiy was linked in 2010 with a takeover bid for FC Copenhagen.

At this point it would make him more suspicious if he denied it. Wooden, you can trust footy-GAF, tell us the truth.

Hasn't stopped 3 players in the last few years.

I think Nani´s case is different, he´s always been grateful to the club and has come back multiple times to watch some games, he was in Alvalade a couple of weeks ago.

Spurs U19 x Sporting U19 for the Next Gen Series Quarter-Finals is starting in 30 min, kind of excited for this match.

I think Nani´s case is different, he´s always been grateful to the club and has come back multiple times to watch some games, he was in Alvalade a couple of weeks ago.

Spurs U19 x Sporting U19 for the Next Gen Series Quarter-Finals is starting in 30 min, kind of excited for this match.

Oh shit I forgot about this. Should be good.

It's on Eurosport I think.

arkon

Any United fans going to watch our U21's play Arsenal?

Finally some footy to watch. I've been getting withdrawal symptoms.

Wes

venison crêpe
half hour to kickoff innit ?

I've got a fucking Gilbert and Sullivan recital going on in a nearby room. Some football to watch would be very welcome.

For he himself has said it,
And it's greatly to his credit,
That he is an Englishman!
That he is an Englishman!

He has to be trained to taker over from Father Roman. He will be trained by buying Copenhagen and making them into a world class team, maybe champions of Europe.

(The deal is dead now, but he did try to buy again like a little over a year ago... But apparently finally got that they weren't interested in selling).

Sweet. I think mine is finally working.

I just left but we got 5 or 6 guys playing, join the mumble and show them how it's done.

pulga

Banned
Lot's of dicksucking going on between Ramos and Busquets, as both have stated they'd love the other at their own respective teams.

I'd take Divesquets at Madrid.

Suen

Lot's of dicksucking going on between Ramos and Busquets, as both have stated they'd love the other at their own respective teams.

I'd take Divesquets at Madrid.
And in return we give them Özil.

But to be honest I'm disappointed at Biscuit, I thought he'd dive way more but he's behaved better this season. Alba is the new cunt.

Zabojnik

Just finished watching the GoT Emmy's panel. We're fucked. GRRM is never going to finish this bloody thing. STOP GOING TO EVERY FUCKING EVENT THEY INVITE YOU TO AND GET WRITING.

Clegg

Just finished watching the GoT Emmy's panel. We're fucked. GRRM is never going to finish this bloody thing. STOP GOING TO EVERY FUCKING EVENT THEY INVITE YOU TO AND GET WRITING.

He basically said that shits gonna go down in Westeros but don't expect the book any time soon.

He's such a tease.

arkon

LOOOOOOL

r0ERB8Z.jpg

CHLrS.gif

:(

I have long since given up hope of seeing a conclusion. Would love to be wrong.

Top Bottom