• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Peco

I'd take Divesquets at Madrid.

iWrdbK9c3LBjj.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Come on Spurs, hope we can get through to the NextGen semis tonight, especially after last season's fiasco.

dc89

Just finished watching the GoT Emmy's panel. We're fucked. GRRM is never going to finish this bloody thing. STOP GOING TO EVERY FUCKING EVENT THEY INVITE YOU TO AND GET WRITING.

He basically said that shits gonna go down in Westeros but don't expect the book any time soon.

He's such a tease.

Is he writing the 6th book now?

Isn't there a 7th one too?!

You know it's the little things that make me love the Russian League. Like last week, when a Terek player got sent off in a match against Rubin, their owner(and also the President of Chechnya!) called the ref "corrupt" and a "donkey" over the stadium loudspeaker.

Then this "apology" was issued

"I want to apologise to the entire football world for my remarks but not to the referee," the Kremlin-backed Kadyrov said in comments posted on the internet.

"It was a terrible game because the referee was biased. He did everything possible to change the outcome of the match - didn't award a (clear) penalty and gave Utsyev a second yellow."

Kadyrov has also been known in the past to turn off the power at the stadium when he doesn't like how the game is going.

dc89

Yeah, The Winds of Winter is the 6th which he's currently working on. Last one is A Dream of Spring.

It took him six years to write the fifth book. I'm not expecting Winds of Winter to come out until 2015.

Reading Wiki:

That was originally titled A Time for Wolves, but he changed it to A Dream of Spring in 2006.

This;

Martin is firm about ending the series with the seventh novel "until I decide not to be firm", leaving open the possibility of an eighth book to finish the series. With his stated goal to tell the story from beginning to end, he will not truncate the story to fit into an arbitrary number of volumes. Martin is confident he will publish at least The Winds of Winter before the TV series overtakes him, although he has told major plot points to the two main Game of Thrones producers in case he should die

Fuck me. Talk about not being filled with confidence.

arkon

Reading Wiki:

That was originally titled A Time for Wolves, but he changed it to A Dream of Spring in 2006.

This;

Yeah. It was originally supposed to be a trilogy but that was way back IIRC. Who knows how many it will end up at? I can't imagine he'd extend it much beyond an 8th book if it came to it. Less padding would be nice.

Zabojnik

Yeah, The Winds of Winter is the 6th which he's currently working on. Last one is A Dream of Spring.

Reading Wiki:

You can tell by the way he evades questions about how far into book six he is. "Well, eheh, you know, eheh, it's going to be another huge book, eheh, 1500 pages or so, ehehehehehe." Right. HOW MANY DID YOU WRITE ALREADY?! TELL US, YOU LAZY SOB.

Clegg

It would take GRRM years to finish the series if he extends it to 8 books. We'd be looking at book 8 coming out in the 2020's.

Arnie

No way he's finishing Winds of Winter before the show gets there. And, DC, that'll infuriate you even more once you finish ADWD.

Good day today.

Only two more nights in the gulag.

dc89

You can tell by the way he evades questions about how far into book six he is. "Well, eheh, you know, eheh, it's going to be another huge book, eheh, 1500 pages or so, ehehehehehe." Right. HOW MANY DID YOU WRITE ALREADY?! TELL US, YOU LAZY SOB.

It would take GRRM years to finish the series if he extends it to 8 books. We'd be looking at book 8 coming out in the 2020's.

Look at this quote:

"After all, as some of you like to point out in your emails, I am sixty years old and fat, and you don't want me to 'pull a Robert Jordan' on you and deny you your book. Okay, I've got the message. You don't want me doing anything except A Song of Ice and Fire. Ever. (Well, maybe it's okay if I take a leak once in a while?)"

No way he's finishing Winds of Winter before the show gets there. And, DC, that'll infuriate you even more once you finish ADWD.

Good day today.

Only two more nights in the gulag.

Is ADWD good? ASoS is bloody amazing so far, 70% in now!!

Hixx

GRRM is only 64 man, he can knock out two books before he dies or he is shit

Also Gears Judgement is good fun, campaign doesn't have the epic feel of the Epic trilogy but for those who love the core Gears gameplay, have to recommend it. Also opening the prizeboxes is addictive as fuck, got my a cel-shaded skin for my characters, looks ace :D

Zabojnik

I think it's excellent.

Nothing will match ASoS, but contrary to what you might hear, AFFC and ADWD are still superb. He's just an excellent writer.

I concur with our friend Tyrion, I mean Arnie. Both excellent books, but yeah, I can only see the last two or possibly the very last book topping ASoS in terms of 'omg, epic stuff happening everywhere!!!111'.

Clegg

Look at this quote:

Is ADWD good? ASoS is bloody amazing so far, 70% in now!!
I can understand him not wanting to spend all his time writing ASOIaF books.

But he spent 6 years writing just one book. That's ridiculous imo.

ADWD is excellent. As Arnie says, it's not quite as good as ASoS. That book was the accumulation of most of the plot points Martin had spent 3 books building towards. And it came to a head in a terrific climax.

AFFC and ADWD is Martin building up the story again to it's next climax .

Arnie

If he dies I'll finish the books and end with what remains of The North holding hands and singing You'll Never Walk Alone beneath a golden sky.

FootballFan

If he dies I'll finish the books and end with what remains of The North holding hands and singing You'll Never Walk Alone beneath a golden sky.

Did you ever see the video of me kicking Timurid's ass on FIFA?

I used You Never Walk Alone as the song since I was using Liverpool.

Not sure if I've posted the vid on gaf, but here it is.

Top Bottom