• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Zabojnik

Went to Gamescom a couple of times a few years back, professionally. The first day, the one reserved for the press / industry people, is fantastic. You play what you want, no lines, no smelly people (yourself included). Then the floodgates open and ... Yikes. Still a much better experience than E3 though. LA is a shitty city.

Hixx

Holy shit Wes Brown played the full 90 mins for our reserve team

A half fit Wes Brown shits ALL OWA O'Shea.

Wesley pls

FootballFan

FootballFan, apparently we're very very close to signing Deulofeu from Barcellona B. What can you tell me about him? Any good?

U wot. Go away. I was just posting about him a day ago. Telling Sviat he will destroy Russia's u21.

Probably our most promising player. Top scorer in the second division, he just turned 19, quick as anyone, good dribbler and knows how to score goals.

Check out some of his goals, like this one, or this one, or this assist.

edit
After reading your post again, it sounds like you are trolling me lol. I can't find anything relating deulofeu to Juve lol.

Zabojnik

Yeah, I made it up. I know who Deulofeu is and Barca obviously won't let him go. I was just trying to send FootballFan into panic mode. He's probably checking every Barca forum / news site right now. <3

EDIT: Maybe not.

Linius

Yeah, I made it up. I know who Deulofeu is and Barca obviously won't let him go. I was just trying to send FootballFan into panic mode. He's probably checking every Barca forum / news site right now. <3

EDIT: Maybe not.

CMm.gif

Meier

FootballFan, apparently we're very very close to signing Deulofeu from Barcellona B. What can you tell me about him? Any good?

I don't believe they'll let him go. He is their next superstar and they'd be absolutely crazy to do it. Definitely should have a pro contract by now... seems like a guy that'd cost &#8364;15-20m at a minimum and Juve is far too cheap to pay that.

Edit: Ahh saw your next reply. ;)

Hixx

I remember when we signed Barcelona B's captain. Arnau Riera (related to the lad who played for Liverpool). He was shit, got sent off against Southend on his debut and never seen again
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Arnie

When I saw Deulofeu in the U21 European Championships I thought he was a bit cack, in that he often opted to do the selfish thing and would also spurn the odd really good chance.

I see I was completely wrong about him if you all rate him so highly. I only watched the tournament for Suso, but my other takeaway was how frustrating that kid was.

FootballFan

When I saw Deulofeu in the U21 European Championships I thought he was a bit cack, in that he often opted to do the selfish thing and would also spurn the odd really good chance.

I see I was completely wrong about him if you all rate him so highly. I only watched the tournament for Suso, but my other takeaway was how frustrating that kid was.

Nah Deulofeu did suck there. But many players sucked. Isco was horrible at the last youth tournament for Spain too.

Thanks, and nope freewheelin. Only Planet of the Apes film I've seen is the most recent one with Andy Serkis.
Ah ok, it's probably really dated now, and you probably know the ending :p. the recent one really surprised me actually. Thought it was going to be shit from the trailer. :p

feel

Oh shit, PES13 is on Steam! Hope they get 2014 fast in there and that PC gets the next gen version and not a ps3 port.

Linius

Ah ok, it's probably really dated now, and you probably know the ending :p. the recent one really surprised me actually. Thought it was going to be shit from the trailer. :p

Yeah, I liked it too. Decent film.

And am I supposed to know the ending because I saw the reboot or something? I don't mind dated movies, so I might watch it some day.

dc89

I think it's excellent.

Nothing will match ASoS, but contrary to what you might hear, AFFC and ADWD are still superb. He's just an excellent writer.

I can understand him not wanting to spend all his time writing ASOIaF books.

But he spent 6 years writing just one book. That's ridiculous imo.

ADWD is excellent. As Arnie says, it's not quite as good as ASoS. That book was the accumulation of most of the plot points Martin had spent 3 books building towards. And it came to a head in a terrific climax.

AFFC and ADWD is Martin building up the story again to it's next climax .

Man, I want to read them all, I'm excited. But at the same time... I want it to last forever.

Clegg

Doesn't have the build to hold it up really. The Arsenal CBs are walking all over him.

In fairness to him, he shouldn't be playing there. He's an attacking midfielder who's playing up front because our other options are injured (Keane), on loan (Macheda) or on international duty (Powell). And Powell isn't even a striker either. He's just used there because he's the most talented player we have alongside Januzaj.

Scum

Went to Gamescom a couple of times a few years back, professionally. The first day, the one reserved for the press / industry people, is fantastic. You play what you want, no lines, no smelly people (yourself included). Then the floodgates open and ... Yikes. Still a much better experience than E3 though. LA is a shitty city.

E3 sucks.

Clegg

That Arsenal goal had been coming for a while.

We needed a proper striker on the pitch and Januzaj to be pushed back closer to midfield. Not been impressed by Tunnicliffe.

Top Bottom