• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

I'll wait for Fifa 14. :)

Dat De Scoglio. When is Brazil - Italy on, btw? Might take a peek. Italy's plane was struck by lightning yesterday while landing in Geneva, so I'm curious to see what superpowers the players acquired.

8:30 PM CET. I expect a couple of them to have inFamous-like superpowers.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Young Ledley King banging on about going for the title in 1-2 seasons is just what Spurs needs to focus on not bottling 4th place.

Ledley King can say whatever the fuck he wants, it won't affect anything. Either the squad has it in them to get 4th or they don't. For all our fuck-ups last season, we did finish 4th and that was with a complete moron as a manager. I'm still confident.

It's such a shame what happened with King. Fuck Bale, this bloke was the best player I've seen in our shirt in the last 15 years. We've always had loads of fancy attacking players, but to have a defender with such class and composure, he would have been the best in the world if he had knees. He was amazing in midfield as well.

Zabojnik

8:30 PM CET. I expect a couple of them to have inFamous-like superpowers.

avengersjuventiknows.jpg

Zabojnik

Looool, apparently Zarate was supposed to be under the weather, note from the doctor sent to Lazio and everything, 4 days off. A fan spotted him in the Maldives on vacation. Top professional.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Greg Dyke, ex-MUFC board member and a United fan is going to be the next FA chairman.

Gill his vice-chairman.

:)

Is the the same guy who was in charge of the BBC?

Real Madrid are ready to switch their focus in the summer transfer market to Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero after deciding Tottenham’s £70million demands for Gareth Bale are too steep.

City to lose Yaya and Aguero?

Agree about zones, yes.

But weapons already have 2 primary attacks.

Really? Wasn't sure since Klepek did the same move every time. I thought there might be a move that doesn't lock you into such a long animation, but if there is I never noticed him using it :p

Do you really think that interview was CG btw? I haven't seen it, but from the screens I think its real and the entire thing is trypical Kojima mind-fuckery :D

I refuse to believe that Aguero is happy at City.

The exodus will happen.

There are players there who are loving it, as they're playing at a level beyond their quality (Milner, Rodwell, Kolo Toure, Barry etc)

There are players where its about right (Silva, Clichy, Dzeko, Tevez, Toure)

Aguero and Kompany the only ones who I think would definitely succeed in a much better team

edit: Holy shit, there's literally a 'but Rooney' post on gaming-side

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50944866&postcount=188

There are players there who are loving it, as they're playing at a level beyond their quality (Milner, Rodwell, Kolo Toure, Barry etc)

There are players where its about right (Silva, Clichy, Dzeko, Tevez, Toure)

Aguero and Kompany the only ones who I think would definitely succeed in a much better team
But what about Joe Hart, the second best keeper in Manchester (Greater Manchester, dc)?

I wouldn't say De Gea is better than Hart, although he is having a better season. Hart is at the right club, not good enough to easily take a step up (Barca might come calling when Valdes leaves?) but far too good to tke a step down

I wouldn't say De Gea is better than Hart, although he is having a better season. Hart is at the right club, not good enough to easily take a step up (Barca might come calling when Valdes leaves?) but far too good to tke a step down
Barca won't sign a goalkeeper that is useless with the ball at his feet.

Kyoufu

Really? Wasn't sure since Klepek did the same move every time. I thought there might be a move that doesn't lock you into such a long animation, but if there is I never noticed him using it :p

Do you really think that interview was CG btw? I haven't seen it, but from the screens I think its real and the entire thing is trypical Kojima mind-fuckery :D

I believe.

Interesting forum post which describes the history between Croatian manager Igor Stimac and Serbian manager Sinisa Mhajlovic.

Fucking hell, intense.

Igor Stimac:
- He claims that I’ve wished for his family to die but I don’t express myself like that. Mihajlovic doesn’t exist for me anymore. Since his mother is Croatian, he’s always the one trying to prove something, like he’s a greater Serb than anyone else.

Sinisa Mihajlovic:
- That he can’t stand for what he says makes him an even lesser person in my eyes. He should just vanish. I don’t believe in violence but Igor Stimac is the only human I would actually want to kill.

Wilbur

Banned
Interesting forum post which describes the history between Croatian manager Igor Stimac and Serbian manager Sinisa Mhajlovic.

Fucking hell, intense.

Igor Stimac:
- He claims that I’ve wished for his family to die but I don’t express myself like that. Mihajlovic doesn’t exist for me anymore. Since his mother is Croatian, he’s always the one trying to prove something, like he’s a greater Serb than anyone else.

Sinisa Mihajlovic:
- That he can’t stand for what he says makes him an even lesser person in my eyes. He should just vanish. I don’t believe in violence but Igor Stimac is the only human I would actually want to kill.

Great read

bjaelke

Santo ‏@Zizouology
Jamie Carragher has been banned from driving for 6 months after being caught speeding in his Range Rover at 47mph in a 40mph zone.

That's the fastest he ever went. And they're punishing him for it?

Slizz

International break??

How bout Cech feeding a giraffe?

B1rpxsq.jpg

Maybe everyones favorite gang of cunts?

CYuMl6V.jpg

And finally the piece de resistance:

qNwvI1O.jpg

dc89

Platini will choke on his croque Monsieur when he reads this.

http://bit.ly/Z1zlCd

#basedSoriano quotes

"In the last three years there have been losses of £200m, then of £100m and now there is a 'red' of £50m.

"But we also have just invested £150 million for the structures of the youth sector. It's a fantastic project, focusing on financial sustainability."

Roberto Mancini's future at the club has come under intense scrutiny this season with City currently 15 points behind league leaders Manchester United, but Soriano has given his backing to the Italian.

He added: "He is a champion, I do not add more. Anyway, it is not easy to win back any league, especially in the Premier League."

Clegg

How does he plan to use Barca's method when they don't have the same talent pool available to them?

Aren't there still FA rules about where you can and can't recruit for your youth teams?

Top Bottom