• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Podolski
Arshavin
Giroud
Mertesacker
Vermaelen
Gervinho
Santos
Arteta
Park
Ramsey

That's about £70m worth of player and none of these are good enough signings for a club that wants to win the league. The jury is still out on Chamberlain because he's so young and Monrael because he only signed in January.
What happened to Park Chu Young? Is he out on loan or something?

And doesn't he have to head off for his military service very soon?

That was a pretty bizarre signing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I know you love him, Yurt. How can you not love him, mistakes and all?
I wouldn't want anyone else in his place. He really turned it around midway through last season and won me over. #OnlyBonnyFuture

Stop fucking shooting from distance though

You take that back right now. Torres couldn't finish his dinner, it would be like playing a worse version of Gylfi as a striker.

If Ade was playing like last season that would be enough, there were glimpses of that against Fulham so I hope he can do something for these last few games. I would rather have Ade up front making space for Bale and holding the ball up than Defoe just running into defenders/shooting at the keeper.

I honestly think Torres would do well for us. But him and AVB, do they get on? Maybe he just needs a man hug.

Ade is showing signs now of getting back to his best....but he really needs a league goal. I believe last league goal by Defoe or Adebayor was January?

I'm going by their transfer record. They always get good players by paying small amounts. They have a better midfield than yours.

With 90m, they'd get better defenders and attackers.

I think this gets to the heart of the subject Fry. Because we all know they wouldn't. Wenger wouldn't know what a good defender looked like if one kicked him in the face. The only way he could spot one is by looking at a list of the top 5 defenders in the world and saying 'I guess we'll go for him', but then such a transfer strategy is absolute anathema to Wenger. No, he'd go out and find a 22 year old European CB for £10 million, even though his budget allowed for better. And that's Arsenal's central problem when it comes to transfers - they think all players should come imbued with a profit margin, and that this is as important a factor as the player's footballing ability.

Clegg

What happened to Park Chu Young? Is he out on loan or something?

And doesn't he have to head off for his military service very soon?

That was a pretty bizarre signing.

On loan with Celta Vigo apparently.

Wiki says Arsene hijacked Parks move to Lille at the last secon. He was due for a medical there but never showed up. He then played about 5 times for Arsenal.

Another one of Wenger's Ligue 1 flops.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I honestly think Torres would do well for us. But him and AVB, do they get on? Maybe he just needs a man hug.

Ade is showing signs now of getting back to his best....but he really needs a league goal. I believe last league goal by Defoe or Adebayor was January?
Torres got Owen-ed. Get that in your heads guys, he will never ever be even close to the old Torres. I can see him defending corners for Stoke City in the near future.

jtb

Banned
Arshavin was a world-beater when he arrived. Mertesacker is Wenger's best defensive signing in fucking ages.

The rest are mediocre to shit though.

Wes

venison crêpe
Better than Benteke

mj-laughing.gif

Clegg

Paul Green is starting for Ireland.

The same Paul Green who came on for Ireland when we played Spain. The same Paul Green who had been released by Derby earlier in the summer because he was shit. And we put him on against Spain.

That Paul Green is starting for us tomorrow.

Jesus wept

Arshavin was a world-beater when he arrived. Mertesacker is Wenger's best defensive signing in fucking ages.

The rest are mediocre to shit though.
Arshavin was amazing back then. He used to be boss for Russia too.

No idea what happened to him.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sorry Wes, I don't see him staying with West Ham next season.

He's better than the Championship.

Well at least I wont have to see him on the Manchester United team because Frogie will turn down that Bebe for Benteke trade offer.

Linius

Sometimes I just wish my dad was able to open a door like a normal person. Everytime he comes to my room to ask something I scare jump the hell out of my chair.

Instead of gently handeling the door handle he sort of punches it I guess. I don't even know what he does, but it does make a lot of noise :lol
Als ik plotseling ergens van schrik zegt mijn moeder altijd dat ik een slecht geweten heb.

Soooo... weet niet wat jij zo alleen op je kamertje aan het doen bent dan.

This Wolfswinkel deal is extremely dodgy. Our chairman is rushing to do a deal just 3 days before the election for our next chairman.

The draw for the Next Gen Series Semi-Finals was today. Sporting will face Aston Villa and Chelsea will be playing against the winner of the match between Arsenal and CSKA Moscow.
The Semi-Finals will be played on a week from tomorrow in Como, Italy and the Final will played on the following Monday. All matches will be broadcasted by Eurosport.

Linius

Man, when your go to forum is down whole afternoon you really find out how often you visit that place :/

Normally I'd say luckily Gaf is still up, but this place is a ghost town during the international break :p

Wilbur

Banned
Man, when your go to forum is down whole afternoon you really find out how often you visit that place :/

Normally I'd say luckily Gaf is still up, but this place is a ghost town during the international break :p

Fuck international football apart from summer tournaments I wish it ate asshole

Linius

Fuck international football apart from summer tournaments I wish it ate asshole

Yeah, the summer tournaments are good fun. But qualifiers come with them.

Though I have to say now we're renewing our national squad it's interesting to see how they're doing.

Clegg

I don't think Suarez will leave this summer. Liverpool are building the squad around him and have brought in some decent attacking talent to play around him. I think he'll stay another season at Anfield but if there's no CL football by next summer he'll go.

Linius

I wish Liverpool all the best. I want to see Suarez playing CL football and winning titles.

Though I want the same for Vertonghen and Anita.

EPL 2013/2014

1. Liverpool
2. Spurs
3. Newcastle United

Yep!

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Suarez will leave this summer. Liverpool are building the squad around him and have brought in some decent attacking talent to play around him. I think he'll stay another season at Anfield but if there's no CL football by next summer he'll go.

Yeah agreed.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Have Spurs completely cooled to the idea of signing Damiao? Or are Inter content with holding onto him?

We're still interested. As with Sandro they want to wait until they absolutely have to let him go.Hopefully Sandro starts whispering sweet nothings in his ear while he's with Inter recovering from injury.

I expect in the summer we will go back for him, Moutinho plus a winger. Assuming we get into the top 4.

Wilbur

Banned
Not even if one of the usual suspects comes knocking with 45-50M€?

If they do then yeah, but I meant I can't see Suarez requesting a move. If Madrid or Juve (lol) are making an offer of that magnitude then likelihood is he goes, but otherwise... nope.

Suen

Hoeness: Few Barca & Madrid stars would be starters at Bayern

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness believes only one or two Barcelona and Real Madrid players are good enough to break into the starting XI at the Bundesliga leaders.

Both Spanish powerhouses are seen as two of the best teams around in the game, but Hoeness feels Bayern are at least on par with Barca and Madrid when it comes to their squad strength.

"I think there are only one or two Barca and Real players who would start for Bayern," Hoeness told ESM.

When asked which Spanish players he would sign for Bayern if he had the chance, Hoeness admitted he would like to see two Barcelona stars at the Allianz Arena side.

"Which Spanish players I would like to bring to Bayern? [Andres] Iniesta and Jordi Alba ...

"However, we already have very good players at Bayern."

Hoeness: Barca & Madrid = bench players

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wait, the BBC are now saying BAE has joined up with Cameroon after all? Reports yesterday said he withdrew for personal reasons.

Nice T-shirt he's wearing:

_66528051_ekotto.jpg

Looks like there is some doubt over Bale playing tomorrow as well. He's traveled to Scotland but not with the main squad, he's made his own way there. If Charlie Adam tries to break his legs again I'm going to fly up there and murder him.

Zabojnik

If they do then yeah, but I meant I can't see Suarez requesting a move. If Madrid or Juve (lol) are making an offer of that magnitude then likelihood is he goes, but otherwise... nope.

Sigh. I wish we would spend the entire budget on a player like Suarez. We spent the last three years expanding the team, giving it the depth that was needed. It wasn't "pretty", but it was necessary. Mission accomplished, Marotta. Now get the fucking top player. No amount of Pelusos and Padoins will rocket us to the next level, we need that world-class striker. Broken record, I know. :/

dc89

@henrywinter said:
Hodgson on Ferdinand: "I was disappointed when he couldn't accept our invitation. How he operates now (going to Doha) is his business"

Never pick him again Roy. But I gotta get me one of those personal training plans which include flights to Qatar or where ever he is going.

Wilbur

Banned
The first page? Refresh my memory....

Garyn or something, it's cold, never believe anything you hear at a woman's titty. Someone's ears are gone.

It's alright so far.

Sigh. I wish we would spend the entire budget on a player like Suarez. We spent the last three years expanding the team, giving it the depth that was needed. It wasn't "pretty", but it was necessary. Mission accomplished, Marotta. Now get the fucking top player. No amount of Pelusos and Padoins will rocket us to the next level, we need that world-class striker. Broken record, I know. :/

Yeah; as a unit I think Juventus's keeper, defence and centre mids are the best in Europe (and Asamoah/Licht ain't bad either!), but you suffer from the same as Spurs which is that your strikers just aren't up to scratch as the rest of the team. Vucinic in particular I think is a very good player, but you're missing that world class one. Don't think Llorente is that, although he is very good.

dc89

Garyn or something, it's cold, never believe anything you hear at a woman's titty. Someone's ears are gone.

It's alright so far.

Ahhh yeah. The prologue. I remember.

IIRC - the next chapter mentions something a little more hardcore, proper up your street Wilbz.

pulga

Banned
OMFG. OMFG. OMFG.

THIS. BOOK.

ir69QGRnkJCeZ.png

lololol dc makes me feel like a naughty schoolboy peeping into a girls locker room.

Bought GOT. First page. Tit.

It is fate.

You've no idea what you're in store for, GRRM is a virtuoso when it comes to detailing naughty bits.
fat pink mast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGT4jzkAAl4

There is something fishy about the CL draw! No one knows what yet! Look closely what happens

Read about this earlier today. Seems a turk reporter-former ref is claiming FIFA has a vibrational system in place which alerts whoever is pulling the draw which ball he is supposed to take. Seems so fucking obvious, why hadn't anyone thought of this before :lol

Apparently, they test trialed such a system on his show and they managed to draw the same exact draw we currently have now.

This and the Mourinho case should not go unnoticed. Something's fishier than usual at FIFA.

Top Bottom