• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Fry

iyMwlqTEjQHjJ.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I think it would be a lot more fun if we went to one you did work at. For me anyway. :)

Edit: Ew, nevermind... :(

:lol

How much are wings

Depends how many sides you get, but 5 wings by themselves are 5.45

You know what's REALLY nice but hardly anybody orders it.

The portobello mushroom wrap. Damn it's nice.

Lots of people at lunch get it, lots of women on office breaks and stuff. I don't like mushroom.

Beanie burgers alright though

Wilbur

Banned
Are you serious? 5 wings are 5.45? That's insane. Is that an average price for wings?

In Nandos it is. Actually I might be thinking wrong, might be 4.15 for just wings, 5.45 with one side. I can't remember.

I get it free when I work anyway though, fuck y'all

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 3m
Bale's ankle injury not as bad as feared. Scan went well, not out for season & #thfc hope he'll be back for #mcfc on 21 April #bbcfootball

i09dTCTNERDsr.gif

Meier

$17.98. Fuck that shit. Nandos can suck it.

It's worth it. But keep in mind that you wouldn't pay less than 6-8 for something in the US (and presumably Canada too) at a fast casual place. It sucks for us due to the conversion, but it isn't gonna be much cheaper elsewhere.

If you want to eat really cheap, Pret sandwiches were like 3 pounds maybe? Then their canned drinks were a pound or so. We also went to a popular place my fiancee loved called Wagamama and it was pretty standard fast casual asian food and every dish was 10 pounds or more so you're definitely going to spend on food. I found the prices to be very reasonable in general though.

2 other things I noticed. A LOT of empty seats in one of the views and Santos' kit is very, very different than usual.

Nando's is amazing. Shorty, I can't remember where you're from.. maybe Canada? They have them in DC now though so if you guys ever visit your neighbor to the south's capital, then you must go. I just found out they sell the sauce at one of the local grocers here.. SO GOOD. My fiancee wasn't having the hot though so I had to settle for medium. It's pretty pricey ($4.50 a bottle or so) but worth it.

There used to be a barbecue one but I think they've stopped producing it now :(

It's worth it. But keep in mind that you wouldn't pay less than 6-8 for something in the US (and presumably Canada too) at a fast casual place. It sucks for us due to the conversion, but it isn't gonna be much cheaper elsewhere.

If you want to eat really cheap, Pret sandwiches were like 3 pounds maybe? Then their canned drinks were a pound or so. We also went to a popular place my fiancee loved called Wagamama and it was pretty standard fast casual asian food and every dish was 10 pounds or more so you're definitely going to spend on food. I found the prices to be very reasonable in general though.
The conversion is probably what kills it.

Although when I went to the States I found food there to be noticeably cheaper than it is here - especially considering portion size.

GorillaJu

Food is cheaper in the US, for sure. Extremely cheap, in fact. The first world country I've been to that rivals the US in food prices is South Korea.

shortyme

The conversion is probably what kills it.

Although when I went to the States I found food there to be noticeably cheaper than it is here - especially considering portion size.

Food is really cheap in the US. It's expensive in Canada but not nearly as pricey as in the UK.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 3m
Bale's ankle injury not as bad as feared. Scan went well, not out for season & #thfc hope he'll be back for #mcfc on 21 April #bbcfootball

baleyesyesyes.gif

Bale back in 2 weeks, Lennon potentially on Sunday, Defoe on Thursday.

Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Clegg

United bro's; if Phil Jones wasn't getting regular gametime as a CB would you be happy to see him play as a DM until a place in defence becomes available?

Slizz

United bro's; if Phil Jones wasn't getting regular gametime as a CB would you be happy to see him play as a DM until a place in defence becomes available?

Indifferent, probably end up getting hurt wherever he plays =\

Facism

hey guys, where's the go-to online store for international shirts? Saw the Turkey national shirt in JJb for £45 lol. Nice material, will feel good against my nips and won't chafe them when I go running.

Prices are ridiculous over here. You have to pay like £15million for 19 year old Championship players, when you can get the same thing abroad for about £3.

Clegg

No.

Did you see what Froggie said about him?

Lol Froggie plz.

Yep. I think Fergie is overegging his ability slightly but he's still a good player. Right now it seems like Rio/Vidic/Evans are our main CB's and Smalling is first reserve after. Jones has had some pretty decent playing just in front of the defence. His passing isn't great but he needs games to develop. If that's as a DM for the next year then so be it.

Super fun live band. Seen them support Mastodon in Brixton a while ago, and didn't have a fucking clue what was going on. Dig them now though.

That was pretty much my first experience with them lol, someone recommended me to go see them at a festival and we went, during the first few seconds the guitarist had jumped from the actual stage and down into the crowd, which was a big enough distance away from the scene I didn't think anyone would attempt that, but he managed to land his knees right in the face of someone and the tone had been set for the night.

The music definitively takes a bit to get into though, but the beauty of it is that I never really get tired of their music, Chris Pennie is one of the most underrated drummers ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRP3UqvIEIY

Mastodon are also great, seen them 3 times now but nothing really has topped the first, just around when they were getting their breakthrough, that was intense as fuck.

Facism

That was pretty much my first experience with them lol, someone recommended me to go see them at a festival and we went, during the first few seconds the guitarist had jumped from the actual stage and down into the crowd, which was a big enough distance away from the scene I didn't think anyone would attempt that, but he managed to land his knees right in the face of someone and the tone had been set for the night.

The music definitively takes a bit to get into though, but the beauty of it is that I never really get tired of their music, Chris Pennie is one of the most underrated drummers ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRP3UqvIEIY

Mastodon are also great, seen them 3 times now but nothing really has topped the first, just around when they were getting their breakthrough, that was intense as fuck.

looking forward to mastadon in June @ download fest. Consistently brilliant albums.

Yep. I think Fergie is overegging his ability slightly but he's still a good player. Right now it seems like Rio/Vidic/Evans are our main CB's and Smalling is first reserve after. Jones has had some pretty decent playing just in front of the defence. His passing isn't great but he needs games to develop. If that's as a DM for the next year then so be it.

Nope.

You know the midfield is weak if Phil Jones is there.
Yep.

It's not really that I mind him being there. Just that would obv. mean not strengthening the midfield as is required.

Tbh I'm a bit worried about Jones and Smalling at CB. They hardly play there, Smalling hasn't been very good this season even when he has IMO.

Kaiserslautern - Köln starting in a few minutes. Could be the deciding match for place 3 in the second league.

I'm with Poldi on this one.

pulga

Banned
You couldnt pay me to dine at a place where that sick, degenerate, hairless perineum-sweat Wilbury works at.

Maaaaaaybe if his mom took me out to dinner there. Maybe.

Top Bottom