• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Found on Redcafe, I assume its all over RAWK as well

vZwa7Fq.jpg

Unbelievable.

madmackem

Found on Redface, I assume its all over RAWK as well

vZwa7Fq.jpg

Unbelievable.

Nothing surprises me, theres a massive class thing at play here, football fans are seen as lower class, well back then they were and every single fan got tarnished with the same brush because of yobs. We are still fighting this shite even today, fans are treat like criminals because of what might happen by a tiny tiny percentage. It time we all as football fans say enoughs enough.

Salazar

Pulis is hilarious

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...etys-plight-rather-than-his-own-problems.html

"I’d go back to a system close to National Service. I’d bring kids into the Army, Navy or Air Force or find trades for them. Apprenticeships. Pay them.
“There are loads of good principles we’ve lost as a nation. Discipline. Organisation. Respect. I was brought up with those. I think back to when I was growing up in Wales

Pulis has come a long way, earning praise from his peers and enduring some barbs from Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger over Stoke’s style. “It’s a compliment. If you look at Wenger, he’s desperate not to play against us, especially at the Britannia. Just hates coming here. If Arsenal beat a team 5-0, he’s so complimentary about the club, the manager and the style of football. We beat them 2-0 at the Britannia and he absolutely slaughtered us. If we were just a walk in the park, Arsène would leave us alone.”

Pulis is fascinated by leadership. “I like reading on Bonaparte. I enjoy talking to the chairman about history. Peter’s very into reading on Churchill. He says Churchill made a lot of mistakes when he was younger. He decided to go into the Dardanelles against everybody’s advice and it was an absolute disaster. But Churchill became the man who led us through the Second World War, the greatest leader of the country. That call to arms suited him. He captivated people with his words and his bulldog spirit.

And Henry Winter is a giant fucking prat

Stoke City manager Tony Pulis shows Churchillian spirit to highlight society’s plight rather than his own problems

His own problems ? The man's getting big money to strut around in a tracksuit. Do me a fucking favour. My cock is more Churchillian.

A part of me is looking forward to the West Brom game but I'm nervous as hell for some reason.

They are on a terrible run and they are lucky they picked up so many points in first half of the season. You'll win easily if Cazorla is on form. Can see another big scoreline for you, annoyingly. We really are shit with our goal difference this year.

Just realised, Arsenal could be 8 points ahead of us if we fail to win tomorrow when we step out against Man City.....

That is fucking scary.

Salazar

Well he's correct on the second point. Of course, it's not just Arsenal and Wenger who do this, every manager does.

Well, it is a mixture and a balance of not wanting to play Stoke because it can be difficult to win there, because they'll kick you, because a lot of sides get sucked into playing a lofted-and-long ball game in which Stoke have an advantage, because Stoke are occasionally very good at exposing weaknesses of physique, application, courage, wit.

The United that fizzled out in the cup against Chelsea will get battered at Stoke.

Wenger (considered independently of Stoke concerns) has himself to blame, a little bit, for the managed deterioration of his

side that played passing football but had muscle to it and the disciplinary record of a prison side

into

a side that strives for passing football but, as far as "getting stuck in" goes, has Wilshere as a loose and fierce tackler, Arteta as a bit of a nasty Cabaye type, and Ramsey as a bitch who makes late challenges and then disappears.

3Sixty

Saints team: Boruc, Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Cork, S. Davis, Ramírez, Lambert (c), Rodriguez.

Lallana on bench :(

Wilbur

Banned
Damn my battery ran out on my phone last night

I missed all the MMA talk.

Also Lambda vs Kyoufu instantly beats FootballFan vs Pulga, Fry vs Clegg, Kermit vs Arnie and Yenrot vs fariduguu to best footygaf battle. Instantly.

Hope Southampton, Swansea, Villa and West Brom get the wins today.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just realised, Arsenal could be 8 points ahead of us if we fail to win tomorrow when we step out against Man City.....

That is fucking scary.

And if they fuck up today and we win tomorrow they are 7 points behind. Keep calm, we beat Swansea away and we can beat Everton. In some ways Bale being out might actually help us, it will allow Ade, Gylfi and Lewis more touches around the box. They had some nice link up against Basel before we shat the bed. Bale is great but when he plays down the middle it's all about giving him the ball within shooting range. We look a one man team when he plays because the team is set up to let him have all the scoring chances. I'm excited to see how we play when we can't just tee him up from 30 yards.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit Mata has 18 goals and 31 assists this season. 31 assists! Damn gurl. Most of them are lovely fucking through balls and crosses as well.

Wilbur

Banned

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

what the fuck is this

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

i cant fucking breathe

3Sixty

We never beat teams when we should.

Hopefully being away will mean ready will come on to us rather than sit back. Then again Norwich didn't

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Damn my battery ran out on my phone last night

I missed all the MMA talk.

Also Lambda vs Kyoufu instantly beats FootballFan vs Pulga, Fry vs Clegg, Kermit vs Arnie and Yenrot vs fariduguu to best footygaf battle. Instantly.

Hope Southampton, Swansea, Villa and West Brom get the wins today.

NOTHING beats Pulga vs Turok.

Top Bottom