• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Wilbur

Banned
image.php

#racist #prayforBalenobo

Seriously guys? Seriously?

When Kean got the job we were around 10th in the premier league, he took us down, we were shocking early in the season but teams showed us too much respect and we got a few results, sacking him was 100% correct, just letting the likes of Shebby pick his replacement is insane

I did reply to Kyoufu saying its better to have him out in the long run :lol

You have a few managers now there that could potentially do an alright job given time - Hughes will probably get Leeds, but McDermott and Owen Coyle are definitely capable as well - but it seems horrendously unlikely they'll get a chance.

Fergie regarding Jones
He's an animal for football. He grasps the game, he understands it. Play him right-back? Brilliant. Play him centre midfield? No problem. Play him centre-back? Terrific.

Notice how Fergie didn't say he was brilliant or terrific about Jones playing in midfield? He's catching on. Yes!!

Some people have actually deluded themselves into believing that Always Online will bring some kind of advantage to the end user. Not just that, but an advantage so great that it makes the entire thing something to look forward to as a consumer.

The only people looking forward to it should be greedy publishers, and people who love a good crash&burn ala Sim City

Wilbur

Banned
I wouldn't even mind that as long as new peeps played well and no one ended up injured.
But don't bet on us today, gambler gaf.

Haven't looked at the table in a while, are you comfortably second or are Leverkusen snapping at your heels a tad? I know all season (and last season actually) you Dortmund fans have just wanted to get CL qualification and haven't given much fucks about actually winning the title, rather just getting that and playing well in the CL. Is that pretty much guaranteed now?

Blablurn

Line up FC Bayern in Frankfurt: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Martínez, Schweinsteiger - Müller, Robben, Shaqiri - Gomez

thats a nice lineup

Wilbur

Banned
Line up FC Bayern in Frankfurt: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Martínez, Schweinsteiger - Müller, Robben, Shaqiri - Gomez

thats a nice lineup

Juve must take advantage of this strong line up. Hopefully complacent Bayern turn up again like they did against Arsenal.

Manduzic was great from the highlights I saw of the other night. Was pressing brilliantly.

Lambert could retire into the Pirlo role.

Really was a great ball. Shame he's only hitting the Premier League now, he's fitted right in.

Suen

Some people have actually deluded themselves into believing that Always Online will bring some kind of advantage to the end user. Not just that, but an advantage so great that it makes the entire thing something to look forward to as a consumer.

The only people looking forward to it should be greedy publishers, and people who love a good crash&burn ala Sim City
I can see this being anything but positive. I haven't bought the whole next-gen thing yet as I am satisfied with what I have but any console that requires 'Always online' will be the console I will care least for. I was hyped for 3DS considering that DS was one of my favorite handhelds but the region locked killed lots of the excitement to get one. Not to imply that 'Always online' and region lock are comparable but both stupid decisions.

Haven't looked at the table in a while, are you comfortably second or are Leverkusen snapping at your heels a tad? I know all season (and last season actually) you Dortmund fans have just wanted to get CL qualification and haven't given much fucks about actually winning the title, rather just getting that and playing well in the CL. Is that pretty much guaranteed now?

They're fairly close (4pts, -15 GD), but more importantly the fourth (CL quali) is already 10pts away, so CL is almost safe for 13/14 and as you said: it's our main concern. So I'm happy and will be ecstatic if we make to the semis in CL.

Wilbur

Banned
They're fairly close (4pts, -15 GD), but more importantly the fourth (CL quali) is already 10pts away, so CL is almost safe for 13/14 and as you said it's our main concern. So I'm happy and will be ecstatic if we make to the semis in CL.

So third should be easily achievable anyway, sweet.

You'll make it I think. Malaga will just play even deeper and not threaten as much, the fans will spur you on. And then you can knock out Bayern in the semis plz

GorillaJu

:lol

I love you Morsel.

What changes did you make this week and who's your C? I took some risks...bad ones I think...

You took some risks, but I think your team is still more solid than mine. If Rooney doesn't play again (which I don't think he will), then you've got this week in the bag again, IMO.

Captain is Suarez, of course.

Wilbur

Banned
Reading don't look interested. You wouldn't think they're about to be relegated.

They just lack quality everywhere. Almost every team in the Premier League has at least one stand out player; obviously teams like City and United have more than one, but Southampton have Schneiderlin and Lambert who have been great all season, Villa have Benteke, Wigan have Kone... but Reading (arguably QPR as well) have no one.

There's not one absolute quality player in the whole squad.

arkon

I can see this being anything but positive. I haven't bought the whole next-gen thing yet as I am satisfied with what I have but any console that requires 'Always online' will be the console I will care least for. I was hyped for 3DS considering that DS was one of my favorite handhelds but the region locked killed lots of the excitement to get one. Not to imply that 'Always online' and region lock are comparable but both stupid decisions.

At least the first revision of the hardware will come with built in wifi this time. I don't think it'd affect me too much but I don't like the idea of needing it to play single player. There's gotta be an online mode

Kikarian

They just lack quality everywhere. Almost every team in the Premier League has at least one stand out player; obviously teams like City and United have more than one, but Southampton have Schneiderlin and Lambert who have been great all season, Villa have Benteke, Wigan have Kone... but Reading (arguably QPR as well) have no one.

There's not one absolute quality player in the whole squad.
Yeah, that's it. It would be much more beneficial for them to go into the Championship as they'd fit in.

I just don't think the players understand the the full impact of being relegated and how bad it actually is, not just for the players but the fans as well.

Top Bottom