• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Arnie

That was a cracking game of football.

And Hendo's tip won me £20 on the national.

:lol Hitcher, it's part of the sport. Do you disagree with F1 because of all the flies that get decimated? They're horses that run, sometimes they fall.

Fry

igFyvPFZQZiFE.gif

izOhZavLkW2er.gif

Wilbur

Banned
The Championship is this seasons most mental division.

First weekend in April, 5 or 6 games left, and anyone from 9th to 24th can still go down, mathematically. Everyone from Birmimgham down (who are 13th with 53 points) should still be realistically worried. I think it's guaranteed that the points total record for a relegated side will be broken this year. I think a team might well go down on 53/54, maybe even 55 points.

Great result for us today. If we win our game in hand away at Millwall on Tuesday night we go above and a point clear of Leeds, who we play next Saturday. I would laugh my fucking bell end off if they go down. They're absolutely not safe by any means. I've been saying for a while now a side who have spent the majority of the season in mid table will go down while the likes of us, Barnsley and maybe even Peterborough stay up. Hopefully anyway.

Barnsley can go down, not too fussed about them. If it wasn't for Jeff I'd want Blackburn down due to the fucking cunt Venkys. Wolves can get fucked as well.

Villa will be safe on 40

On the last day it'll be between Wigan, us, Stoke, West Ham.

Wigan have Villa at home. Stoke have Saints away. We have Spurs away. West Ham have Reading at home.

PLS SOUTHAMPTON

bookmark this post

God if its Stoke... that's amazing. Please be Stoke. Please.

kingkaiser

ohhh now I remember. it was highest points in a season. how much points do we need to get hummels benting?

We now have 75 points at matchday 28
Dortmund got 81 points last season in total
So, just two wins and one draw in the last 6 games to take the record again

and I think it was the king of all cunts, Kloppo himself who claimed their record may stay untouched for the next decade or so...

Edit: Yep, it was Klopp

[http://www.abendblatt.de/sport/arti...Dortmund-veredelt-Titel-mit-Punktrekord.html]

"81 Punkte – das ist eine historische Marke, die vermutlich so bald keiner erreichen wird. Wenn wir uns in 30, 40 Jahren daran erinnern, werden wir ein Lächeln auf den Lippen haben."

"81 points - that's one for the history books, a record which may not be broken for quite some time. You see, when in 30 or 40 years we will look back at this season, we will have a big grin on our faces."

:lol Hitcher, it's part of the sport. Do you disagree with F1 because of all the flies that get decimated? They're horses that run, sometimes they fall.

For someone who's normally so level-headed, that is absolute bollocks. Can't really disagree with the F1 analogy on the most primal morality level, except to say that there is a massive ingrained percieved difference between the value of a fly's life, and that of a horse. And if you disagree with that on a personal level, you're either a very strange individual, or a liar.

Wilbur

Banned

:lol what

The flies aren't being forced to swat around the fucking racetrack. They can get out of the way of my rolled up FourFourTwo quick enough, they can get out of the way of Sebastian Vettel.

The horses are being forced to run. Not against their will I guess, but still. It's not their sport, its the jockeys. Don't like horsey racing. Don't watch it, don't bet on it, don't moan about it.

simplz

Suen

lol Real, what a disgrace. We're playing shit as usual. Mou gonna send out CR. We can't do shit without him, embarrassing.

arkon

:lol what

The flies aren't being forced to swat around the fucking racetrack. They can get out of the way of my rolled up FourFourTwo quick enough, they can get out of the way of Sebastian Vettel.

The horses are being forced to run. Not against their will I guess, but still. It's not their sport, its the jockeys. Don't like horsey racing. Don't watch it, don't bet on it, don't moan about it.

simplz

That's my take on it. I'm above that.

*gets on high horse*

panty

Sell everyone else except Ronnie, Özil, Alonso, Ramos, Casillas. Buy the world's best players. Don't lose to a fucking Levante.

Okay wonderboy Pipita can stay.

Tc91

Just typed in my PayPal password to put £10 on Madrid to win and Higuain does that ffs.

Now they have a penalty :(

We now have 75 points at matchday 28
Dortmund got 81 points last season in total
So, just two wins and one draw in the last 6 games to take the record again

and I think it was the king of all cunts, Kloppo himself who claimed their record may stay untouched for the next decade or so...

Edit: Yep, it was Klopp

[http://www.abendblatt.de/sport/arti...Dortmund-veredelt-Titel-mit-Punktrekord.html]

"81 Punkte – das ist eine historische Marke, die vermutlich so bald keiner erreichen wird. Wenn wir uns in 30, 40 Jahren daran erinnern, werden wir ein Lächeln auf den Lippen haben."

"81 points - that's one for the history books, a record which may not be broken for quite some time. You see, when in 30 or 40 years we will look back at this season, we will have a big grin on our faces."

Oh wow

Top Bottom