• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

image.php

keep your friends close, and your enemies closer

Wilbur

Banned
Question for you guys. How much are decent/regular seats cost at a CL final? Also, are tickets still available? If so, can I purchase online?

They'll be expensive... probably near 100 quid for cheapest or some shit. Don't think they'll be available through UEFA now, you have to apply for a ballot. But you'll be able to get them through sellers.

I might be wrong though, someone will probably correct me.

Wes

venison crêpe
It's only 3 minutes in to this film and I already hate everyone.

"Roofie sex is great. You get laid and have a great night's sleep."

I despair if there is anyone who thinks that in the real world, let alone says it to others who agree.

Lightning

Banned
A Sunderland win tomorrow would be hilarious but honestly it's fucking Sunderland, they are so shit.
Yeah, Blunderland have very little chance tomorrow but I'm going to be going for them anyway. Need Blunderland and Everton to get results and a Wigan result for the lols would be good too.

Wes

venison crêpe
Oh they just accidentally killed that girl with the fake books from that reality show. At least they got rid of her early.

Scum

Oh definitely, if us and Chelsea have a grim run in then theirs is fucking apocalyptic. They would need to produce an astonishing run of upsets to get 4th and they have to start with us, I expect they will go for the throat like they did against City.

That said both teams are missing key players and it will basically be a battle of wills.

The best thing for Spurs is that Everton really need to win so they can't be wankers and shit back so you should be able to get in behind them and score. A draw is useless for Everton so they either need to go for the win or forget their chances at CL football.

I don't think they can do it. They have too many hard games to go but anything is possible this late in the season.

I've resigned myself to us losing tomorrow. Little faith. D:

"Best performance by a human female?" Fucking hell.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah, Blunderland have very little chance tomorrow but I'm going to be going for them anyway. Need Blunderland and Everton to get results and a Wigan result for the lols would be good too.

Didn't Sunderland win at Chelsea a couple of seasons ago? Granted it was when master finisher Welbeck was playing for them but I remember they won 3-0. You never know.

Hixx

Didn't Sunderland win at Chelsea a couple of seasons ago? Granted it was when master finisher Welbeck was playing for them but I remember they won 3-0. You never know.

3-0. Nedum Onuoha brilliant solo goal. Gyan finished a brilliant team goal. Then Welbeck finished from an Ashley Cole assist.

It was fucking mental.

xintin

3-0. Nedum Onuoha brilliant solo goal. Gyan finished a brilliant team goal. Then Welbeck finished from an Ashley Cole assist.

It was fucking mental.
all I choose to remember from that game is our current assistant coach Zenden attempting to do Gyan's dance :p
NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED

Lightning

Banned
The club is in a state of turmoil though. The only thing going for us is Villa winning puts them under even more pressure so they may come out and try to get something out of the game. It's hard to see it but it's football so anything is possible in every game.

Hixx

Our midfield and front line that season was crazy.

Gordon in goal
Malbranque, Hendy, Zenden, Catts in midfield
A front 3 of Gyan, Bent, Welbeck

We fucking battered Spurs that season as well iirc, at home but Zenden scored a fucking beautiful volley after Bent missed a penalty and scored one and missed TWO in the same fucking game...

How times change.

Clev has impressed me too but he's definitely too passive. He's neat and tidy but he flits in and out of games too much. If he learns to control the game better then he'll be a good player for us. Right now Carrick is the only midfielder that we can fully depend on. That's just not good enough for a team that wants to challenge every season for major honours imo.
I said a couple of months back that I'd hold my judgement on Cleverley until we got to the end of the season.

We are almost there now.

Not good enough - in the games that mattered he didn't perform. He was terrible against Chelsea in both the cup games. He was out of his depth against Madrid at home, although he didn't play badly, he just didn't have an impact.

I'm fairly pissed at missing Chelseas match tomorrow, want to see what Di Canio is up to... If he fights Benitez I will praise him as the best human on earth.

Clegg

I said a couple of months back that I'd hold my judgement on Cleverley until we got to the end of the season.

We are almost there now.

Not good enough - in the games that mattered he didn't perform. He was terrible against Chelsea in both the cup games. He was out of his depth against Madrid at home, although he didn't play badly, he just didn't have an impact.

He's a better player than I thought he'd be. Admittedly I didn't have any expectations of him when he first broke through. I'd have no problem with him starting against the weaker sides. But we need a better midfielder imo.

He's a useful back up to have. We should aim for better though. But he's homegrown so I can see Fergie persisting with him for quite some time.

PDC should just play for Sunderland too. He'll be their only exciting player.

Sadly you don't have to be an exciting player to do well against Chelsea. Just show some enthusiasm (which a new manager might have) and fight for it.

Edit : Damn, Ba really looks like one of those from the blue man group lol

7vKKrPP.jpg

Question for you guys. How much are decent/regular seats cost at a CL final? Also, are tickets still available? If so, can I purchase online?
They are all gone.

They had a ballot and the results came out about a week ago. The prices ranged from ~60 to ~150 pounds. So if you're looking to buy them now you can expect a significant mark up.

The remaining seats will be sold to the season ticket holders of the clubs who get to the final.

Hixx

House of Cards is mint

Kevin Spacey is boss and this Zoe lass is bonny as owt. But I hate scenes where the character is nude but the actress won't do it so there's loads of awkward poses and camera angles. Takes you out of the show. Even more than the 4th wall stuff.

He's a better player than I thought he'd be. Admittedly I didn't have any expectations of him when he first broke through. I'd have no problem with him starting against the weaker sides. But we need a better midfielder imo.

He's a useful back up to have. We should aim for better though. But he's homegrown so I can see Fergie persisting with him for quite some time.
Don't get me wrong, not saying we should let him go - but yeah, he isn't the right fit.

It's a tactical issue too. With Carrick behind him we need a very dynamic player ahead of him. If it were 4-3-3 than Clev would not be required to do so much. He can't make breaks forward and the defensive side of his game is nil.

He is still very young, should give him a few more full seasons before passing judgement. Esoecially as he was much better earlier in the season, his drop off in form has been noticeable but has also coincided with the teams lack of attacking threat of late.

I don't think players of his ilk really flourish until their mid to late twenties.

Top Bottom