• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

arkon

The striker who thought he was offside that day was the same who did that shit on the penalty today... lol, Cesar Santin, master of missing 200 huge chances each season. Also the one that managed to miss this after N'Doye beasting Puyol

santinisss2z1j.gif

Got damn. Even Welbeck would have got that on target

dc89

City being City will announce a sponsorship deal for their own training ground/academy soon.

They just keep copying us.

Sort it out dc.

Well i cant see ha having a sponsor for our Carrington training complex because all training will be done at the academy facilities when it opens at the start of the 14/15 season.

But I can see Nike doing something massive with us. Unless Etihad so something even massiver.

Clegg

City being City will announce a sponsorship deal for their own training ground/academy soon.

They just keep copying us.

Sort it out dc.

We're basically going to earn £15m a season for Carringtons name to be changed and for our players to wear Aon on their training kits.

As much as I dislike the Glaser's they're awfully good at making money.

Edit:Mark Ogden thinks it's for £180m. Thats £22.5m a year

#BasedGlazers

Well i cant see ha having a sponsor for our Carrington training complex because all training will be done at the academy facilities when it opens at the start of the 14/15 season.

But I can see Nike doing something massive with us. Unless Etihad so something even massiver.
Oggy reckons our Aon deal is worth £180m over 8 years.

How massive are you talking? Like massive or mahooooosive?

dc89

PSG's lawyer is Platini's son! :lol

:lol that's going to be awkward.

We're basically going to earn £15m a season for Carringtons name to be changed and for our players to wear Aon on their training kits.

As much as I dislike the Glaser's they're awfully good at making money.

Just hope they're not making money to service their own debts. It should be United's money.

Meanwhile, whilst you do this, Sheikh Mansour writes another £1bn cheque.

dc89

Oggy reckons our Aon deal is worth £180m over 8 years.

How massive are you talking? Like massive or mahooooosive?

Well I think there will be more than one sponsor at the overall complex. I think Etihad will do the stadium, Nike will do something and I think we'll get a very big deal from someone else too. There were rumours about an energy company doing something MAHOOOOOOOOOOOSIVE. Maybe that Galzprom (?).

Have to wait and see I guess.

But Soriano is very financially astute. He knows what he has to do. He got the job because of his Barca track record and he knows he has to do the same here.

Off to sleep now. I'll reply in the morning. Actually that means I have to read the thread...

Clegg

So £22.5m p/a for a training kit deal.

£50m per year for the Chevrolet sponsorship.

And the Nike kit manufacturer deal which which is coming up for renewal.

The Glazers have pulled a rabbit out of a hat here.

That is more per year than what Aon pay to be the shirt sponsor, stunning deal for United if that figure is correct.
It's alot of money but it's embarrassing really. The club is a whore.

Long as they don't touch the naming rights to Old Trafford...

So £22.5m p/a for a training kit deal.

£50m per year for the Chevrolet sponsorship.

And the Nike kit manufacturer deal which which is coming up for renewal.

The Glazers have pulled a rabbit out of a hat here.
Fuck the Glazers.

You're going soft Cleggy. I can sense it.

Clegg

It's alot of money but it's embarrassing really. The club is a whore.

Long as they don't touch the naming rights to Old Trafford...

Fuck the Glazers.

You're going soft Cleggy. I can sense it.
In fairness we could now be looking at making £100m per year from just three sponsorship deals (Assuming the NiKe deal comes in at something like £25m every year).

The transfer muppet in me is calling out for new players.

Lightning

Banned
I don't really hate Arsenal much, I hate certain players who feel the need to come out and disrespect us because they want to he popular to make up for being a shit player. Hi Chesney.

I do hate City and Chelsea, the way they have both jumped from mediocre clubs to winning things because they have a bottomless pit.

We have no one but ourselves to blame though, too many poor performances at home this season players, manager and plastic fans are to blame. Atmosphere was so dead today.
Wilshere and Szczesny do that. I don't know why. I don't hate Spurs at all but I love to joke with the Spurs fans.

Agree with you regarding City and Chelsea though. I don't like them at all, getting a bit of respect for City if they start reeling it in and stopping that but the biggest annoyance with it the arrogance their fans get because they have the money to buy anyone. I still prefer the Arsenal and Spurs way of smart spending being the better way although your smart buying has been better than ours over the past 2 seasons.

Also I think Ushojax hates Chelsea more than he hates us. That's the impression I get.

In fairness we could now be looking at making £100m per year from just three sponsorship deals (Assuming the NiKe deal comes in at something like £25m every year).

The transfer muppet in me is calling out for new players.
Cleff plz Nike paid us £31m last year in total and they're gonna be paying us at least £50m when they renew. Otherwise they can do one. Adidas will pay it instead.

Clegg

Cleff plz Nike paid us £31m last year in total and they're gonna be paying us at least £50m when they renew. Otherwise they can do one. Adidas will pay it instead.

Had no idea our kit deal was worth that much.

So maybe something like £110m-£120m per year on just three sponsorships?

At least half of that better go to transfer funds.

It obv won't

FootballFan

OMG TOP OF THE PAGE FUCK.

Favourite goals of the season that I can actually find GIFs of:

untitled-6wsq04.gif

untitled-7gqsor.gif

untitled-9ubu55.gif

untitled-46bsfd.gif

yX5Tf.gif

untitled-2q1s34.gif

1352655651923.gif

untitled-4z7yqv.gif

i6dEHaUUWtGMZ.gif

untitled-7nkqjw.gif

8277996059_fee9278852_o.gif

e79187d4bb3aee86d0dd4q4que.gif

ifKRrUASOatyz.gif

ibwGlB8yaTthEj.gif

iS70udWseW9Z0.gif

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif

Couldn't find Isco vs Porto, Isco vs Zenit, Suarez chest control then finish, Gomez dribble and goal, a lot of Bale goals, Remuntada Messi goal, Benteke goals, Liverpool tiki taka goal and many many more.

Someone find those. I couldn't even find half of what I wanted :(

K1LLER7

You brokened my browser. How can you have no Bebe goals in there :(

Granada's goal vs Madrid was te best. Give that man the Balon D'or.

Anyway, we all know Glazer's gonna pocket that money and then sell us to the City owners. Then they'll join the Manchester teams together and DC will have united Gaf's backing. All this even with Avram Grant as manager.

Had no idea our kit deal was worth that much.

So maybe something like £110m-£120m per year on just three sponsorships?

At least half of that better go to transfer funds.

It obv won't
It's time for the Glazers to milk their cow :(

They played a blinder. The only owners who will make money from a football club.

FootballFan

Feel bad for the inferior 100ppp people.

At least the 50ppp guys will be on the next page soon enough. Nobody quote that post lol.

Top Bottom