• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Timurid

lol as long as you give us ogbonna. actually, if palermo goes down i think torino will be my new #2 in serie a.

Give us 20 mil in cold hard cash and no monthly payment shit. We will gladly hand him over.

Under Ventura, I think Toro can rise up to the top 5-6 in the league. It depends on Cairo (Toro Chairman) if he wants to open his chequebook.

I'm also happy with Toro youth, we have some top players coming through our ranks. Our youth team have been doing pretty well so far in the Primavera.

Clegg

It's time for the Glazers to milk their cow :(

They played a blinder. The only owners who will make money from a football club.

Our annual interest payments went down when we used the IPO to buy back some of the debt. And they'll only go down more with the incoming new sponsorship deals and TV rights deal. We'd also buy back more of our debt too. Then we could refinance our loan and reduce our interest payments even more.

By then I'd like to think that it would free up cash for some high profile signings. But I think it would just free up more cash to line the Glazer's pockets.

Bo-Locks

I've been expecting something like this for a while. It was only a matter of time until Carrington's naming rights were sold. The rumours about Qatar Airways(?) a few months back replacing DHL as the training kit sponsor for a few extra measly million pounds didn't make any sense. I'm not sure where that info came from, but it was obviously way wide of the mark.

You have got to admire the Glazers on some level. They obviously recognised the potential growth of the sport in general and Man Utd in particular, maybe not to this extent, but they are fully exploiting it.

I'm surprised Aon have decided to stick with Utd after losing out on the jersey sponsorship.

£15m a year for the combined training clothing and complex sponsorship seems low in comparison to the £10m per year DHL contract that we bought out. That's why I would tend to go with Mark Ogden's figure of £180m which would put the annual return at over £20m, and makes much more sense.

Mark Ogden also says that a £100m+ deal with a major airline (Qatar) is in the pipeline. I don't know what else can be packaged into that deal, so maybe it's solely to be the official Man Utd airline.

Lowton:

Lowton_Goal_1.gif

Lowton_Goal_1.gif

HappyMatt.gif

Benteke:
Benteke_Goal.gif

Clegg

I'm glad I decided not to buy Wrestlemanis 29 on PPV. Judging from the reactions on the WM thread only one match out of the first 5 has been any good.

Moratti: “I no longer believe in the good faith of the referees.”

wow. what a classy club . . . compare that to allegri and gold tie who were silent after we got screwed today. i think a lot of referees in italy are really awful and let the crowd/players get in the way of objectivity far too often, or enjoy making themselves the protagonist of the game (see tagliavento), but to suggest that they are acting in bad faith is really something else. all the times i accuse juve of bribing refs i am just joking/trolling . . . i cannot believe the president of a club the size of inturd has stooped to this level

hahahaha GOT SCREWED :lol Already forgot about the red card?
Don't worry dude, they just remembered how much they were helped by refs during the season(penalties every week, zapata and mexes playing handball etc) and just decided not to cry like little bitches like they did last season after muntari's goal, yeah they actually cried and moaned for weeks after that, even while Milan was playing like shit and being favoured by refs.

At least in those semibullshit penalties vs Fiore there was some kind of contact, tonight's penalty is one of the most non-existant penalties i've ever seen, no one knew wtf happened, even Atalanta's players weren't asking for it, in fact, Denis was going for a corner kick.
On berlusca tv commentators were focused on Ranocchia(since he got the yellow), saying that he was clearly fouled by Livaja, turns out at the end of the game that it was supposed to be an handball from Samuel, which is also total bullshit. I don't think we would have lost if it wasn't for the pen, untill that we were playing a decent game, Rocchi was better than i expected(he's also our only forward since Cassano got injured), alvarez was pretty good and Kovacic was beast :p
Other than bonaventura's random goal, atalanta really didn't do shit and they weren't looking to score another one AT ALL, penalty totally killed us, Ranocchia being a pussy, samuel's awful performance and a clueless stramaccioni did the rest.

Don't forget our weekly penalties not given though: 1, 2...we don't spend enough time in the opposition box, right? RIGHT?

i guess the only way inturd knows how to win anything is to manufacture a reffing scandal . . . .
Yeah, man, keep believing that shit, a milan fan shouldn't even complain about calciopoli since you were lucky you got a ucl spot that year.
Schelotto pushing and punching his former teammates. Dat class!
It seemed to me like Schelotto was actually punched in the face(not a bad thing, i know) by Raimondi during the game and kicked by someone else afterwards, not sure if he started this at all, unless he said something we don't know.
Speaking about class, did you see our reaction to the penalty? If Juve got that kind of pen against them, even Pepe would be running on the pitch with his crutches just to complain. :D

qindarka

Banned
I do hate City and Chelsea, the way they have both jumped from mediocre clubs to winning things because they have a bottomless pit.

Chelsea qualified for the CL twice and won 4 trophies in the 7 years before Abramovich's arrival.

I know they were overspending then too which led to financial trouble but I don't think you meant that.

pulga

Banned
Fuck me Game of Thrones was fantastic. All those long awaited character introductions. Spot on casting, its unreal.

Now for some Mad Men. Sundays are so awesome now squeeee

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Your weekly warning, if you spoil GoT's episode, I'll write my thoughts on Bioshock's ending without spoiler tags. :p

Speaking about class, did you see our reaction to the penalty? If Juve got that kind of pen against them, even Pepe would be running on the pitch witch his crutches just to complain. :D
Pepe would be running
I would love to see that :(

Chelsea qualified for the CL twice and won 4 trophies in the 7 years before Abramovich's arrival.

I know they were overspending then too which led to financial trouble but I don't think you meant that.

Your club status pre-Abramovich was roughly level with Tottenham now I think. City were nothing before the Sheikh picked them out of a hat

Lightning

Banned
I watched the Spurs game now. Hmm... Everton are going to be a problem for Arsenal. Mirallas is a very dangerous player and the way they cross and play the ball in with Baines, Osman and co are going to be concern.

We will have to be at our best to get anything out of a game against them.

Watched highlights of the Liverpool game. From what I gathered West Ham came for a draw and to make a nuisance of themselves. In the highlights it looked like they were sitting deep and defending with majority of their team. Is that what they done for the whole game? The boring fucks.

I watched the Spurs game now. Hmm... Everton are going to be a problem for Arsenal. Mirallas is a very dangerous player and the way they cross and play the ball in with Baines, Osman and co are going to be concern.

We will have to be at our best to get anything out of a game against them.

Watched highlights of the Liverpool game. From what I gathered West Ham came for a draw and to make a nuisance of themselves. In the highlights it looked like they were sitting deep and defending with majority of their team. Is that what they done for the whole game? The boring fucks.

Meh, they played effectively. We only had one shot which I expected to end up in the back of the net

Mastadon

Banned

Pretty much, although it has to be said that they defended very well and had a chance to nick it at the end. We were just guilty of making poor decisions in the final third.

Coutinho is a little star though.

How many shots did West Ham have?

2 good chances. One from Diame when he weaved through our entire defense and clipped the top of the bar when he should have got it on target at least. Also had a header cleared off the line by Lucas in the final minutes.

Our only great chance fell to Gerrard, who for some reason side-footed it into the Tomkins on the line rather than smashing it through the gap :(

Some right shite being chatted in that 'what sport is most likely to have a successful woman' thread

FootballFan

I was disappointed with Suarez in that game tbh. I can barely remember since it was on at like 2 am but he kept losing the ball or doing something dumb. I wanted some magic.

Lightning

Banned
If Wigan play like they did today and fail to get into the FA cup final I am going to be so upset. More I think it will damage the youngsters in the team and affect their league campagin. Really have to beat Millwall.

So disappointed with how Wigan played against QPR. They are a much better side than that and to not dominate a QPR team who only have 10 men is very disappointing. Only positive is I think they've killed QPR now, failure to win that game means they along with Reading are guaranteed to go down.

2 good chances. One from Diame when he weaved through our entire defense and clipped the top of the bar when he should have got it on target at least. Also had a header cleared off the line by Lucas in the final minutes.

Our only great chance fell to Gerrard, who for some reason side-footed it into the Tomkins on the line rather than smashing it through the gap :(
Ah okay. Interesting from Liverpool given they are now further behind 5th spot which they need for Europe. I thought they would throw the kitchen sink at West Ham but it appears they throw the kitchen sink only at the top 5 clubs. Everyone else gets a free pass. Wankers.

Ah okay. Interesting from Liverpool given they are now further behind 5th spot which they need for Europe. I thought they would throw the kitchen sink at West Ham but it appears they throw the kitchen sink only at the top 5 clubs. Everyone else gets a free pass. Wankers.

That's absolute bollock tbf :p

Man Utd - 6/6
Man City - 2/6
Chelsea - 1/3
Tottenham - 3/6
Arsenal - 4/6

While we've got a few decent draws, we've only won once in those 9 games. Its the teams like West Ham that we've been generally okay against this season.

Top Bottom