• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Wilbur

Banned
One thing I was impressed with tonight was the ball playing ability of our two CBs, especially Johnny Evans. Smallings is also good at this but is less consistent under pressure. I think the 3 of them will be our future CBs without any of them being ever present. Johnny Evans has really impressed me, especially with the way he drives our play forward. This is something that Vidic and Ferdinand lacks, although they make up for it with other qualities.

Rio has his odd foray. Remember when he tried to chip Bellamy :lol. Thank fuck Michael Owen existed, just for that solitary moment.

Evans does get forward well, you're right. This is his best season by fucking miles. Don't get that nervous feeling I used to get with him anymore. Centre back and right back is sorted for ages now; three top young centre backs, with two of them able to fill in for a top right back. Hopefully Fabio can push on like Rafael has when he comes back.

Clegg

Oh no. Can we get Kagawa back then? :(

He's just starting to come good for us. No way United would even entertain a bid for him.

Honda only has 6 months left on his contract iirc. He's a pretty good player.

If Gotze and Lewa leave then you'll have €50m alone just from transfer fees as well as whatever money you make from getting to the CL semi-final/final.

Dortmund could have a lot of money to spend in the summer. I hope Gotze stays at Dortmund though.

rodvik

Ah Villa fans, wallowing in self misery. Always fun to see the brummie come out in us.

My fave from H&V

Negative Villa Fan 1" what the hell were some of the Villa fans doing taking pictures at the final whistle of the Man U players celebrating; plastic Brummies?"

Negative Villa fan 2 "For those born after 1981 it's the closest they will probably ever get to watching a league title celebrated...."

8)

Nah, I think I heard the announcer say they'll get it after last home game of the season.
Yup just saw that on BBC.

"Ferguson embraced his players as they completed a lap of honour - one they will repeat on 12 May after their game against Swansea when they will be handed the Premier League trophy."

Now I'm rooting for Tottenham to get Champions' League and Villa to beat the drop.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh no. Can we get Kagawa back then? :(

FUCK THYSELF IN THY BRATWURST HOLE

Serious mang, he's just starting to shine. Let him shame Arnold first.

That's a shame then :(

You played well second half, all things considered. Scary games left, what with the PDC renaissance, Norwich bad blood for Lambert, Chelsea and fucking late season Wigan. Really pulling for you guys, honestly. Would have felt bad winning on any other night.

So did Utd get presented with the trophy? I can't see a video.

Nah. Home game with Swansea I think.

scently

I'm kinda hoping Spurs get left out of the top four. Spurs being stuck in the Europa league again would guarantee Bale wanting to move this summer.

TBH if they decide to sell Bale, he will probably end up in Madrid. Personally I would love it if we can get him. That would be our left wing sorted for a very long time.

Kagawa played well again imo. We should start him for the remainder of the season and properly bed him into the team.
I hope we do this too. He's getting better every match, just in terms of clicking with other players. Valencia had a good game today and it helped Shinji alot in terms of an option and also receiving the ball.

But I mean we've done it now. Whatever happens we can relax. I'm looking forwards to seeing some fresher faces and the players being generally more expressive because the title is now sealed.

Clegg

That's a shame then :(

Villa weren't that bad imo.

Benteke had a great chance to score when United were only 1-0 ahead but Benteke put the ball over the bar.

United's second was an RVP wonder goal. No way you could stop that from going in. Villa were demoralised and we got our third soon after that.

You were decent in the second half imo.

Wilbur

Banned
I hope we do this too. He's getting better every match, just in terms of clicking with other players. Valencia had a good game today and it helped Shinji alot in terms of an option and also receiving the ball.

But I mean we've done it now. Whatever happens we can relax. I'm looking forwards to seeing some fresher faces and the players being generally more expressive because the title is now sealed.

Was fucking weird that they kept saying the ever excellent Valencia :lol. Tonight was the first game in a while he's ran at a full back. Might have helped it was a young, inexperienced one, but still far too often he's halting his run. Shinji, Rooney and Carrick linked up well all night fo me.

Want to see far more of Powell in the Swansea and West Brom games.

Soi-Fong

No one cares anyway, not even the ref cares. We all knew Utd was going to win the title sooner or later. The only one who cares is Mancini and the rest of the oil-drenched cunts with him.

Something we can both agree on. I like you Suen. Can we be friends even though we're eternal "rivals?"

Was fucking weird that they kept saying the ever excellent Valencia :lol. Tonight was the first game in a while he's ran at a full back. Might have helped it was a young, inexperienced one, but still far too often he's halting his run. Shinji, Rooney and Carrick linked up well all night fo me.

Want to see far more of Powell in the Swansea and West Brom games.
I would like to see Powell and Januzaj in the first team but we have to remember they are going for the u21 trophy and have a real shot of winning it.

I think I'd rather they play for the u21 team than get some first team minutes - there's time for that later. They've played with the u21's all season and have a chance to achieve something there.

scently

Rio has his odd foray. Remember when he tried to chip Bellamy :lol. Thank fuck Michael Owen existed, just for that solitary moment.

Evans does get forward well, you're right. This is his best season by fucking miles. Don't get that nervous feeling I used to get with him anymore. Centre back and right back is sorted for ages now; three top young centre backs, with two of them able to fill in for a top right back. Hopefully Fabio can push on like Rafael has when he comes back.

I have been impressed with Fabio from what I have seen of him in QPR, when he plays. As painful as it is that he wasn't here to win the league this season, hopefully it will drive him to perform very well next season. And yeah, Raphael has been immense this season; being so consistently good, scoring three absolutely fantastic goals and being just awesome. He also seems to learn from his mistakes too as evident in the UTD-Madrid first leg; there was a marked difference for the better between his performance in the first half and the second.

Wilbur

Banned
I would like to see Powell and Januzaj in the first team but we have to remember they are going for the u21 trophy and have a real shot of winning it.

I think I'd rather they play for the u21 team than get some first team minutes - there's time for that later. They've played with the u21's all season and have a chance to achieve something there.

Ooh shit that's true. Yeah, let them win that shit for sure.

Shame Buttner couldn't get the amount of games he needed for the league. Have a feeling we'll see him against Swansea and WBA anyway, as well as Scholes and Giggs in the last game of the season.

Suen

Something we can both agree on. I like you Suen. Can we be friends even though we're eternal "rivals?"
Why not, football bro's for sure! You should be having this character as your avatar:

Yamamoto,_Episode_206.jpg
What a bad ass old man. His trained body made everyone else look pathetic!

rodvik

Wigan play some of the best football in the league you swine

Bollocks they do. People keep saying this but dont actually watch Wigan play. They are the same lower table shit/dross as the rest of us. QPR actually play better football than Wigan.

My facts and truth is changing your world man, accept it! :)

Kyoufu

So do Liverpool, and I'd love it if they were relegated too.

You say that but guess what. Relegate Wigan and you get another Wigan, except they won't be as likeable. They'll be Stoke or some chuggers like them. They'll never go away, and you'll want Wigan back.

Then again y'all did recently suffer from Wigan's late season Beast Mode. It hurts. But you'll come to appreciate it.

I guess you missed Wigan doing a Stoke on us then?

GolazoDan

I hope they go down and never come back up again. They don't belong in the Premier League.
You say that but guess what. Relegate Wigan and you get another Wigan, except they won't be as likeable. They'll be Stoke or some chuggers like them. They'll never go away, and you'll want Wigan back.

Then again y'all did recently suffer from Wigan's late season Beast Mode. It hurts. But you'll come to appreciate it.

Lunchbox

Banned
van nistelrooy in 02/03 and ronaldo's 42 goal season was the last time one guy single handedly won this for united.

but imo RVP's one has more of a 1 man team/putting the team on his back feel due to how shit the rest of the team is

IzApCn6.jpg

Suen

I hope they go down and never come back up again. They don't belong in the Premier League.
Teams who have horse-punchers as supporters don't belong in the PL either, get bent.

I like Newcastle, wish Ba was still playing there!

Welp, time for bed.

Good to have the United bros back. We did it :)

Hard work for next season starts next week. Team and squad has a long way to go before we get to where we want to be. Hopefully all the players winning their first title are better for it next year. Titles need to be won but then retained. The challenge next season is going to be steep.

Wilbur

Banned
Bollocks they do. People keep saying this but dont actually watch Wigan play. They are the same lower table shit/dross as the rest of us. QPR actually play better football than Wigan.

My facts and truth is changing your world man, accept it! :)

balls to it all

QPR are fucking shite

So do Liverpool, and I'd love it if they were relegated too

If Suarez leaves they're odds on for bottom next year

GolazoDan

Ooh shit that's true. Yeah, let them win that shit for sure.

Shame Buttner couldn't get the amount of games he needed for the league. Have a feeling we'll see him against Swansea and WBA anyway, as well as Scholes and Giggs in the last game of the season.
I think if they really wanted to get him a medal they could. I forget how many you're allowed, maybe like 3 extras by special request. Like Henrik Larsson got one in 06/07, he didn't play 10 league games.

Hixx

They try to but their overall quality is fucking shit. They don't have enough quality to play it properly. Especially in their defence.

I don't want Wigan to go down because it's a good away day, cheap and we usually beat them.

Villa pls

Wilbur

Banned
Welp, time for bed.

Good to have the United bros back. We did it :)

Hard work for next season starts next week. Team and squad has a long way to go before we get to where we want to be. Hopefully all the players winning their first title are better for it next year. Titles need to be won but then retained. The challenge next season is going to be steep.

Yep. Need to do what Fergie preaches and just get it into our heads that next season requires every bit of fight we put into this one. Stronger City. A more together Liverpool. A Chelsea potentially with Mourinho. An Arsenal who will strengthen if they miss out on CL. A better Spurs. Not to mention a Newcastle without the distraction of the EL, the strongest Everton team in absolutely years, and teams like Swansea and Southampton who can really mix it with the best on their day.

Fucking excited already. Bring on the treble. Night Vulva, we will have that dinner soon <3

Top Bottom