• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Scum

So has Gotze to Bayern be comfirmed??

I'm kinda hoping Spurs get left out of the top four. Spurs being stuck in the Europa league again would guarantee Bale wanting to move this summer.

To R. Madrid, sure. But to Man Utd...

7MHUV.gif

I think if they really wanted to get him a medal they could. I forget how many you're allowed, maybe like 3 extras by special request. Like Henrik Larsson got one in 06/07, he didn't play 10 league games.

Totally forgot Larsson joined you guys :lol

His offside still hurts in the CL final :(

Wilbur

Banned
They try to but their overall quality is fucking shit. They don't have enough quality to play it properly. Especially in their defence.

I don't want Wigan to go down because it's a good away day, cheap and we usually beat them.

Villa pls

I think defensively they're pretty fucking turgid, but Maloney/Kone/McCarthy/Beausejour are really quite good players. They lack a final ball - or rather a knack for making those balls hit the net - but in the last week they've outplayed City and West Ham away and come away with nothing. Of course that's what matters, and it obviously means they have flaws, but they're not like QPR or Stoke where they'll sit back and defend the cock out of themselves away. I like them.

I'd rather Villa stay up over them, but while I can still entertain a chance of Stoke going down, I fucking will.

Sadly they'll be replaced by the dross wank that Cardiff will show next year. If we lose Villa or Wigan and have to watch them and Hull, ugh.

Lunchbox

Banned
Yep. Need to do what Fergie preaches and just get it into our heads that next season requires every bit of fight we put into this one. Stronger City. A more together Liverpool. A Chelsea potentially with Mourinho. An Arsenal who will strengthen if they miss out on CL. A better Spurs. Not to mention a Newcastle without the distraction of the EL, the strongest Everton team in absolutely years, and teams like Swansea and Southampton who can really mix it with the best on their day.

Fucking excited already. Bring on the treble. Night Vulva, we will have that dinner soon <3

-----Cabeye-Moutinho
Valencia-Kagawa-Rodriguez
--------RVP/Falcao

#NotWorried

rodvik

They try to but their overall quality is fucking shit. They don't have enough quality to play it properly. Especially in their defence.

I don't want Wigan to go down because it's a good away day, cheap and we usually beat them.

Villa pls

What the fuck happened to you man? You used to be beautiful.

Kyoufu

What the fuck happened to you man? You used to be beautiful.

Villa relegation would do you wonders but I don't think you'll go down. To me it's looking like Wigan, QPR and Reading.

Though the possibility of Le Toon or Stoke going down too...

Wilbur

Banned
Villa relegation would do you wonders but I don't think you'll go down. To me it's looking like Wigan, QPR and Reading.

Though the possibility of Le Toon or Stoke going down too...

Really don't think it would do them wonders. Under McLeish, yep. Time to clean house. But with Lambert doing that job already, they could really do with next year's money.

Wilbur

Banned
Sir Alex Ferguson's honours as a manager:

St. Mirren: 1974-1978
Scottish First Division - 1

Aberdeen: 1978-1986
Scottish Premier Division - 3
Scottish Cup - 4
Scottish League Cup - 1
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup - 1
UEFA Super Cup - 1

Manchester United: 1986-
Premier League - 13
FA Cup - 5
League Cup - 4
FA Charity/Community Shield - 10
UEFA Champions League - 2
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup - 1
UEFA Super Cup - 1
Intercontinental Cup - 1
FIFA Club World Cup - 1

.... what the fuck are we going to do without him?

Want one more FA Cup and one more CL before he leaves at least, along with a title or two of course.

Wilbur

Banned
Simple, Wilbz. Bribe Mourinho, get CR7 back and forget about pinching Bale from us. :<

CR7 on the right, Bale on the left, Kagawa behind Rumbo, Modric and Clevgod in the centre. Welbz, Adnan and Sweet Nicky Pow Pow on the bench, hungry and waiting. AVB coming off the back of an EL and FA Cup double to be SAF's assistant for a year, before taking over and being manager for 46 years, winning 44 trebles, one double and a quadruple.

Have a lot of respect for Fergie, his achievements are outstanding. And the way he has kept some of his old players at the club in some form (Giggs, Scholes, Ole, Neville, Cole, Schmeichel, Robson etc) must be truly inspiring to the younger players who have dreamed of playing for United. Probably the most iconic club in the world. (Ok,maybe Real is) And its all down to him.

GolazoDan

Jones on the right, Jones on the left, Jones behind Jones, Jones and Jones in the centre. Jones, Jones and Jones on the bench, hungry and waiting. Jones coming off the back of an EL and FA Cup double to be Jones's assistant for a year, before taking over and being manager for 46 years, winning 44 trebles, one double and a quadruple.
I agree with all of this.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit, just seen that Cardiff have scored 69 goals and Hull 59. They're going to be promoted automatically. Watford have 82 goals, and they probably won't make it, knowing the fucking third place cock play off shit. Alas.

Really hope its them or Brighton; wouldn't even mind Forest or Bolton. As long as its not Palace; PL football being that close to me would be nice if I could a) get tickets and b) Holloway wasn't a spenk.

defel

Jones on the right, Jones on the left, Jones behind Jones, Jones and Jones in the centre. Jones, Jones and Jones on the bench, hungry and waiting. Jones coming off the back of an EL and FA Cup double to be Jones's assistant for a year, before taking over and being manager for 46 years, winning 44 trebles, one double and a quadruple.

Thats Cardiff City in 5 years time.

Scum

CR7 on the right, Bale on the left, Kagawa behind Rumbo, Modric and Clevgod in the centre. Welbz, Adnan and Sweet Nicky Pow Pow on the bench, hungry and waiting. AVB coming off the back of an EL and FA Cup double to be SAF's assistant for a year, before taking over and being manager for 46 years, winning 44 trebles, one double and a quadruple.

Next season for Spurs

---------- Falcao ---------
Bale -- Dempsey -- Lennon
--- Holtby -- Sandro --

Next season for ManYoo

------------- RVP ------------
Welbberg --- Rooney ---- Valencia
------ Giggs ---- Scholes ------

Wilbur

Banned
Have a lot of respect for Fergie, his achievements are outstanding. And the way he has kept some of his old players at the club in some form (Giggs, Scholes, Ole, Neville, Cole, Schmeichel, Robson etc) must be truly inspiring to the younger players who have dreamed of playing for United. Probably the most iconic club in the world. And I respect him for doing that.

I knw u r upstairs u clit but just to reply in general:

Real Madrid are certainly the most iconic club in the world I would say. When you're a kid in the UK and you're dreaming of playing football, I think the majority born pre-2000s would have wanted to play for the team they support and then got a fucking huge money move to Real Madrid. You'll get a lot doing the same for Barca now I suppose, but Madrid just has that allure built up over history.

There's only a few clubs really capable of enticing a player on name alone, I think; Madrid, Barcelona, Man United, Liverpool, and arguably Milan/Juve, Celtic/Rangers, and Bayern.

RVP was great but my personal man of the season has to be De Gea.

He went from being a laughing stock to one of the best goalkeepers around, proving the press wrong. Love, LOVE him.

Wilbur

Banned
Pls no Brighton or Bolton

Or Forest coz that would be tasty we don't get on with them AT ALL

Brighton have a good manager, a fucking sterling stadium, a great nightlife, and a really good Chinese place near the uni. I'M SOLD.

Next season for Spurs

---------- Falcao ---------
Bale -- Dempsey -- Lennon
--- Holtby -- Sandro --

Next season for ManYoo

------------- RVP ------------
Welbberg --- Rooney ---- Valencia
------ Giggs ---- Scholes ------

Next season for Spurs:

Trophies (0)
Fifth place (yes)

Next season for ManYoo:

Trophies (5)
First place (yes)
Making nuns wetter than a fish finger in my arsehole around the world (yes)

Wilbur

Banned

He went from being a laughing stock to one of the best goalkeepers around, proving the press wrong. Love, LOVE him.

The one man team stuff has been utterly inane drivel for a while now. There was an argument up until January/February, but since then DDG, Ferdinand, Evans, Jones, Carrick, Vidic, Rooney and arguably Shinji and Welbeck have all been consistently better than RVP, not to mention Rafael who has been fucking wonderful all season.

Well proud of us this season; I know people say wah wah weak PL, but look at Barcelona decimating Spain, Bayern absolutely fucking ruining the Bundesliga (can't believe their stats looking at them today), and Juve pretty clearly the stand out team in Serie A. Fucking delighted with it. In a few days I'll probably look back at the Chelsea and Madrid defeats and want more, but that isn't a bad thing. Need to be hungry for more. Always.

GolazoDan

He was only a laughing stock to the damn sucker fools. Now we just need people to recognise that every other keeper is actually quite shite, then we'll be getting somewhere.

If Pepe Reina was an honest man he'd have just let that fumbled David Luiz free kick go in.

Scum

I'd like to have one season where the Premier League turns out ridiculously close like the Championship....

Next season for Spurs:

Trophies (0)
Fifth place (yes)

Next season for ManYoo:

Trophies (5)
First place (yes)
Making nuns wetter than a fish finger in my arsehole around the world (yes)
looooooooooool! Funny, but it'll probably turn out to be true too. BTW, still want to keep Rooney?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dortmund, can not sustain this...

Where's Milch(?)??

Clegg

This seasons top scorers.

You'd have to imagine that RVP is favorite to win the Golden Boot. Suarez likely to receive a long ban and Bale is six goals behind. The biggest question is how many goals will RVP actually end up on?

Van Persie --24
Suarez ------23
Bale--------- 18
Michu-------- 17
Ba------------15
Benteke------15

Top Bottom