• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Salazar

Guardian

It was the undoubted highlight of Rooney's night but was not the only intelligent, precision pass from the England striker with the suitable technique and frame for central midfield.

lol

No.

Salazar

Didn't this conversation about Rooney being the "answer to United's midfield problem" happen last season? It got a bit out of hand, I seem to remember Johnny Giles calling him the best midfielder in the league!

It's absurd. It's like something Hodgson would come up with.

LegoArmo

His touch and short passing aren't good enough. His long passing is excellent, as is his shooting, he's not fast enough to be a winger, and not consistent enough with his technique to be a centre mid.

In conclusion, his best position is right back.

arkon

Just watched some of the game. Congrats United-GAF. Deserved. What a lucky 2nd goal for RVP though. Unbelievably lucky.

Glad Villa didn't capitulate. Hope they stay up.

Salazar

Rafael's shot was good, too. Boy has some confidence after that QPR hit.

Is the consensus that he should be sold? I'm not sure he justifies his wages, especially with RVP at the club now. He's still a good player though.

Nothing approaching consensus. I would probably, as was mentioned earlier, accept 30 from a foreign club and reinvest.

I don't think he'll go this summer, but what we do this summer will be decisive for his career.

Messi

16 hours.

16 HOURS LEFT. HOLY FUCK.

6c5ed7c5-1d6d-4d3e-941d-76171e0dd449.gif

arkon

what is with the fucking signals and hand gestures none of them mean fucking anything

Valencia looks a bit like Scarface's mate sometimes but more black and not really like him if you know what I mean.

Also, Evra has the most immaculate six pack

My guess is number of league titles won?

GorillaJu

If Gotze goes to Bayern I will be fucking furious. I will never forget that treachery.

Same here. I'm hardly invested except that I see Dortmund as a real exciting team in the world that came into their position "the right way." Their best player fucking off to their biggest rivals (competitively – ignoring Schalke here) would be treacherous indeed. Way more depressing than Utd winning another title.

FootballFan

If Gotze goes to Bayern I will be fucking furious. I will never forget that treachery.

It's very possible imo.

Klopp just a couple of days ago mentioned how Bayern are making the BL into the Scottish league(or something along those lines). Maybe he already knew about this.

Gotze is from Bavaria btw. And as mentioned earlier Bayern always take the really good players in the Bundesliga away from the others. Like Ze Roberto, Lucio, Ballack, Neuer etc.

Plus, dat Bayern appeal. Forgot to mention Pep too.

I can see it being true. Easy.

FootballFan

Look at Bojan laughing, probably doesnt even know what the joke is but hey, gotta try to fit in

:lol

"fuck.. can't fit in the team on the field, don't understand their jokes, wtf am I doing here"

Though Pique and Bojan was the greatest bromance in football.

So many vids of those 2. Pique started sucking when Bojan left. I get it now.

MPW

isn't dortmund's main striker also going to bayern?

double blow for dortmund

i'm surprised other clubs (zenit, psg, man city) didn't go for gotze, 37m euros buyout clause isn't that much to those clubs backed by rich owners

GorillaJu

isn't dortmund's main striker also going to bayern?

double blow for dortmund

i'm surprised other clubs (zenit, psg, man city) didn't go for gotze, 37m euros buyout clause isn't that much to those clubs backed by rich owners

Matching the release clause is just the first bit. You still need to get the player interested. Götze is already in his home country and plenty of German players would prefer not to leave Germany if they don't have to.

fuenf

Götze to Bayern? Does the Bundesliga ever want to be taken seriously again? At some point it stops being funny.

Why? At least he's staying in Germany. It would be worse if he was going to Barca. Don't forget that Bayern needs to be thinking about replacing Ribery / Robben now.

Top Bottom