• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Zabojnik

We're offering him a longer contract so he'll end up getting just as much (if not more + bonuses) over the period of his contract.

The problem may not be his salary.

So, what, a four year contract for a 32/33 yo striker @ 7M€? Why? We're not that desperate. And it goes against what our policy has been since AA took over. I don't see it happening.

Sloane

Banned
Don't know what to say, congrats Bayern for successfully turning Bundesliga into Scotts League I guess??
Who cares, we had two great seasons, nobody can take that away from us. Hopefully, Bittencourt gets a shot next season, I don't really wanna see any big signings.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Apparently we are interested in Hummels, there could be a massive exodus in the Dortmund camp this summer.

FootballFan

from RN, Gotze to Bayern done deal, official statement from the club later today

Don't know what to say, congrats Bayern for successfully turning Bundesliga into Scotts League I guess??

No worries. Honda and Dzeko in, CL semis and sale of Gotze and Hummels. Dortmund will have money to fix most the problems.

Koko

Banned

Were is Heynckes going?

images

Surely Dortmund have enough in the bank to tell Bayern and Gotze to fuck off, and rot on the reserves bench respectively?

Bundesliga - Being killed by Bayern's transfer policy
La Liga - Been killed by TV deal
Serie A - Being killed by general incompetence from everyone below Juve
PL - Room for challengers imo, utter dogshit this season though
Eredivisie - lol
Portuguese League - Wasted potential
Russia - lol

FootballFan

Surely Dortmund have enough in the bank to tell Bayern and Gotze to fuck off, and rot on the reserves bench respectively?

37m is his buyout clause though. Dortmund can't do shit about that. It's up to Gotze and his agent at that point.

Isco would be a perfect replacement imo. Same age, same sort of player, magical and looks cooler. Though he'd be expensive unlike Honda.

In before dc says txiki is already making a deal with him.

Ligue 1 - killed by PSG

I knew I missed one.

That's how insignificant the French league is :D

2 Man Utd fans at work, more bothered about Van Persie winning the golden boot than Man Utd winning the league. Ungrateful cunts.

@FF, damn. A buyout clause that low for a talisman who was already well on the road to being world class? Dortmund done goofed

Blablurn

Bundesliga - Being killed by Bayern's transfer policy
La Liga - Been killed by TV deal
Serie A - Being killed by general incompetence from everyone below Juve
PL - Room for challengers imo, utter dogshit this season though
Eredivisie - lol
Portuguese League - Wasted potential
Russia - lol

Cry moar

FootballFan

Not with his contract clause.

And honestly, doing that to a player is just ridiculous imo.

Llorente situation at Bilbao for example is embarrassing. Wasted a year of his time, a year of wages, and the cost of the player went significantly down.

So dumb.

Kenka

Code:
Neuer

Lahm - Dante - [B]Kirchhoff[/B] - Alaba

[B]Martinez[/B] (Gustavo)

Schweini (Kroos) - Shaqiri

Müller - Götze - Ribery
oh shizzle.
Fixed.

---> Robben to Utrecht
---> Gomez to Augsburg
---> Badstuber to Unterhaching

Woah fuck bayern. I liked Dortmund mostly because of Klopp but that is just wrong.
Somebody got pissed off in the German press when he/she heard of it and immediately released confidential information against Hoeness.
Honestly, I think it's a wrong move from him. Why Götze ? He will at beast play 19 games a season next year with Müller, Shaqiri, Schweini, Martinez and Ribéry competing with him.

37m is his buyout clause though. Dortmund can't do shit about that. It's up to Gotze and his agent at that point.

Isco would be a perfect replacement imo. Same age, same sort of player, magical and looks cooler. Though he'd be expensive unlike Honda.

In before dc says txiki is already making a deal with him.

No one knows where Honda is going. He's going to be cheap in the summer though. I reckon a team outside top 2 in any big league will go for him.

Blablurn

I'm quite happy with the general state of the PL, the only league I really care about, since I'm sure this season has been an abberation and such dominance will not become the norm. Your league will be an absolute joke in 2 years' time.
Dont make any funny predictions when u dont even care about the bundesliga. The german league will be fine and its reputation will continue to grow. Im pretty sure dortmund will come back with some good players.

And honestly, doing that to a player is just ridiculous imo.

Llorente situation at Bilbao for example is embarrassing. Wasted a year of his time, a year of wages, and the cost of the player went significantly down.

So dumb.

Dortmund are absolutely fucked once the exodus begins though imo

Dont make any funny predictions when u dont even care about the bundesliga. The german league will be fine and its reputation will continue to grow. Im pretty sure dortmund will come back with some good players.

Your reputation will grow as you get consistently close to CL glory, but that of the league will diminish as the cycle continues. Not really a funny prediction, almost an inevitability imo. Klopp is a brilliant manager, but he's not a miracle-worker.

FootballFan

Dortmund are absolutely fucked once the exodus begins though imo

Lewandowski, Gotze, Hummels out.

Dzeko?, De Bruyne?, No idea? in.

Isco or Honda could be possible too.

Dortmund will be full of cash.

Tranfer Maket(afer dark version) will be be great.

Rumbo to united, Benzema(with inside scoop from Turok), Villa going to Juve on loan with option to buy in 2.4m installments for 4 years, Ibra etc.

Are there any viable replacements (money shouldn't be an issue for Dortmund) in sight if the Götze deal is really done? Copying Bayern and getting Draxler would be a fun move. Eriksen from Ajax or Dzagoev from ZSKA could be a more realistic option.

What advantage does the selling club get out of having a buy-out clause in the contract btw? It gives all the power to the player and the buyer as far as I can tell.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So, what, a four year contract for a 32/33 yo striker @ 7M€? Why? We're not that desperate. And it goes against what our policy has been since AA took over. I don't see it happening.
I'm completely against bringing him back. A waste of resources and he's a fucking bellend.

It seems like Conte, Nedved and Andrea really want him though. And god forbid we piss off The Mino.

Zabo :( We ARE that desperate

You missed my edit!

Hopefully Suarez either commits to us or leaves as early as possible. Can't be arsed with a summer worrying about our players' futures and squad for next season, and we'll need a while to figure out who to bring in should he leave. There is no like-for-like replacement, ceryainly not one we can realistically buy anyway

Transfer windows are shit when you're not in a position to buy top players and have a player or two who would advance their careers by leaving.

Well done, United. There are a lot of teams in the top half if the league I think are a but horrible and shire, but Man Utd aren't one of them.

FootballFan

Hopefully Suarez either commits to us or leaves as early as possible. Can't be arsed with a summer worrying about our players' futures and squad for next season, and we'll need a while to figure out who to bring in should he leave. There is no like-for-like replacement, ceryainly not one we can realistically buy anyway

Transfer windows are shit when you're not in a position to buy top players and have a player or two who would advance their careers by leaving.

Liverpool already agreed terms with Rojas man.. you should be happy. Kiwi-Messi in the EPL next to Coutinho..hngg

PSG, Man City, Zenit, Anzhi are bound to make some dumb overpriced signings too which is usually pretty fun.

Welp, if 4-5m does not suffice him at the age of 20 (and I'm sure we'd pay him up to 6-7 if he signed a new contract) then he can fuck right off.

This is one of the reasons why Bayern dominates our league for years and is an universally hated team among other/casual fans - whenever a team becomes a serious threat they try their earnest to lure away their players/disrupt it (like Daum scandal). It's like a fucking cancer.

Of course it's not a coincidence that it came out right after the Hoeneß scandal and before their CL duel - who cares about our team harmony right before the CL semi. The whole medial landscape is in bed with them, fox news style.

Our war chest should be up to 80-100m with the Lewandowski money and CL. Let's see how we cope with this..

fuenf

Welp, if 4-5m does not suffice him at the age of 20 (and I'm sure we'd pay him up to 6-7 if he signed a new contract) then he can fuck right off.

This is one of the reasons why Bayern dominates our league for years and is an universally hated team among other/casual fans - whenever a team becomes a serious threat they try their earnest to lure away their players/disrupt it (like Daum scandal). It's like a fucking cancer.

Of course it's not a coincidence that it came out right after the Hoeneß scandal and before their CL duel - who cares about our team harmony right before the CL semi. The whole medial landscape is in bed with them, fox news style.

Our war chest should be up to 80-100m with the Lewandowski money and CL. Let's see how we cope with this..

When all things are said and done you might be even stronger than before. I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys try for Kroos&Gomez now. Klopp would know how to motivate them... but really the sky should be the limit for Dortmund: incredibly big warchest, one of the 3 5 best coaches in the world and easily a top 5 destination in europe. Dortmund will attract some big players.

Kenka

Dortmund better managed than Nintendo confirmed.

Kenka

When all things are said and done you might be even stronger than before. I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys try for Kroos&Gomez now. Klopp would know how to motivate them... but really the sky should be the limit for Dortmund: incredibly big warchest, one of the 3 5 best coaches in the world and easily a top 5 destination in europe. Dortmund will attract some big players.

On that I agree too. But I suspect Dortmund will go on relying on his youth and invest instead in the ownership of its stadium and in overseas visibility. It's the best moment for them. And they just need a replacement för Götze and Lewa this year. And I suspect Isco and Dzeko won't have 30M€ departure clauses.

Also, Dortmund should really have an eye on Eisenfeld and Günter. The former barely plays at Arsenal and is a powerful midfielder while the latter is a perfect replacement/starter in the defence.

Kenka

Juventus Fantasy XI next season:

Buffon
Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Lichtsteiner-Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba-Asamoah
Marchisio
Llorente

:(

That's honestly top 5 materials in Europe. Your team doesn't look worse than any Manchester XI. And you did that after Calciopoli, which shows how strong the #1 tradition in Turin is.

Top Bottom