• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Kyoufu

Add it up bro.

Far Cry 3
Prince of Persia
Bioshock 2
PSASBR
Dead Space 2

All of them bought for full price on release, none of them have been put into my PS3. With the PS4 coming out, I'm tightening the purse-strings a bit, as well as putting my PC plans on ice :(

Still impulse buying books though :p

Those are some seriously shit games tbh. :p

I'd only play FC3 out of that list.

spidye

lol at footy gaf meltdown. if he joined any other team it would have been totally ok but when HE FUCKING CHOSES bayern it's all bad character

lol

and dortmund fucked themselves. release clause on their biggest talent seems like a stupid idea.

Those are some seriously shit games tbh. :p

Why do you think I haven't played them yet? :p

Looking forward to FC3 though :D

Dortmund, you can have Suso on loan and you'll forget that Gotze even exists as he waddles around the Allianz every other week while Jesus Fernandez majestically glides and pirouettes his way to the treble.

Jin_7

So have Bayern merely triggered a release clause for Goetze or has he signed a contract with them?

Release clause (38m €). Annual salary from 5 to 7m apparently.

I can only think of Kevin de Bruyne as a good replacement right now. Too bad Chelsea's Schürrle interest could play into Neverkusen's cards.

Kenka

And again, blaming the leak on Bayern makes no sense. If it was tomorrow you might have a point, but today? No.

No idea who leaked this, but it's harmful for Bayern and Dortmund.
In the wake of Hoeness' scandale, nobody is ready to believe this. It's ok. What has been done is done. It's forgiven, not forgotten.

lol at footy gaf meltdown. if he joined any other team it would have been totally ok but when HE FUCKING CHOSES bayern it's all bad character

lol

and dortmund fucked themselves. release clause on their biggest talent seems like a stupid idea.
Eh.

It's about the means not the end. Even you have to admit to not even approach a club and sign a deal for their player is poor form.

I already said I admire Bayern's ruthlessness but it is not a classy way to behave (Bayern or Gotzs) - that's pretty clear.

Happy Birthday Arnie.

lol

You calling this a meltdown? :lol

Anyway, fuck Bayern, Dortmund and especially Schalke.

Randdalf

Wow at that transfer news.The top clubs in England need to step up their transfer game, Chelsea are the only club that seem to splash out on midfielders all the time, the others just like buying strikers.

It's not surprising considering the circumstances.

A big match for them against Barca today. Announce transfer to signal: We are Bayern München, we can get any player we want! #Selfconfidence
A big scandal surrounding the president. Switch the attention to something different. And of course: Weak the biggest rival in the league. Considering Klopp's "scotish league" comment just a few days ago it's clear the deal was already wrapped up, but meant to be kept secret till the end of the season.
But guess what: This timing works better for Bayern, fuck you guys.

They did a similar thing with Miroslav Klose a few years ago and those last weeks in Bremen became a living hell for him.

# Fuck Bayern

Really hoping for a classico in the finals now.

Fady K

They spent £500m.

Good for them, but I'm not that impressed.

500 million is a shit load of money. But sometimes you have to build quicker when you can afford to - and YET - despite all that money, it was barely helpful. They bought a lot of crappy players who gave the team nothing - and it has showed very well this season. On top of that, they have a very subpar manager. It's not that impressive in hindsight when you look at how they followed up this season.

All of these are shit apart from Far Cry 3.

Enjoy :p

Say what now :p?? Dead Space 2 was excellent I felt. PSASBR was actually good fun :) Bisohock 2 is very decent, even if it is nowhere near the majestic awesomeness of the first game. I heard Prince of Persia was alright.

Kenka

Dortmund should buy Benteke when we get relegated.

That is a genuinely interesting stance. Benteke is one of the high-profile Belgian talents that get the least press cover due to his unfavoured team position in the table. I reckon he would be good at Dortmund. He works well, has a real team spirit and shows much dedication in his daily work. Plus, he is young. So, perfect for Klopp.

I actually like Mikel Shatner! He can hold the ball pretty well unlike many of our players. What don't you guys like about him?

There's some truly frustrating moments with Mikel, but he way too often gets a lot of shit when he actually plays well. He played a huge fucking part in the CL win and was class all of the tournament, although obviously Drogba and Cech shined more than him in the finale, where Mikel however also played a fantastic match. Problem is his complete lack of offensive talent, but he brings a calmness to the midfield that no other player at Chelsea currently got, Romeu showed some signs of having it but with his long injury it's really only Mikel.

Nope, Dead Space 2 > FC3 = Bioshock 2.

I truly hate dead space, average action game that badly imitates horror.

The biggest meltdown was pulga's banning and the fallout. We don't really get meltdowns because of actual matches unless something controversial happens, and even then they only last for about 2 hours.

Fuck off Viva, I hope Barca smash the absolute fuck out of Bayern 8-1 on aggregate, with Messi getting bored in the last minute and scoring an own goal for the lols

Kenka

He was commenting how he was building a home in Dortmund just several months ago after signing a new contract with them last year. Clubs were interested him before he did this, so its a surprise he would jump ship so quickly especially after Dortmund's CL run.

What has Dortmund-GAF said about this

Contracts have no meaning anymore.
Actually, there was a clause in his contract allowing any team willing to pay the amount written on it to snap him. Götze had the choice to accept or refuse, but Watzke and Klopp couldn't.

Actually, I suspect Götze's agent to have convinced him to leave for Bayern. For one, he would get a commission from the transfer, and secondly, Götze's arrival means probably Kroos' departure, which ALSO is a player in an agreement with Götze's agent. So, if Kroos gets transfered to another team, he will get a commission on that too.

I find it morally very low. That's basically playing chess with 20yo's lives. At the expense of the clubs' fanbase.

On actually buying Götze, I can't really blame Bayern. Who wouldn't do it?

The time, yeah, that's Bayern's fault. Fuck them. Up the ass. Breaking stories about Bayern's premier criminal's tax evasion and the Bild doesn't talk shit about him. The Bild. You know, normally, they like would have wrote shit for weeks about anyone else in a similiar situation. That made me wonder, like "damn, they're afraid of Hoeneß". And now, there's a breaking "Asshole to Bayern" story just a few days later. Random? Yeah, right, fuck you. That was a good trade for both parties.

And Bayern fans saying that the time is bad for Bayern. Fucking lol, are you mental? How is it bad in any way? Media attention? Yeah, all the Bayern players will only give interviews about it until kick off today. Right? Fuck this shit, they're sitting in their hotel and the officials will make sure no journalists gets near them. For the players, that's a boost. One of the most talented players is there next year. That gives confidence in the club, not that they need more or anything but still. The only players that would think about their future with shithead arriving are Kroos (who can't play anyway) and Robben (who's ego is so big, he wouldn't even mind if Ronaldo was joining). Such a news will make the players happy, even just for a moment. And going into a match with a good feeling the hours before is important. Bad moment for Bayern, fuck me, what a joke.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Apparently Tom Carroll completely dicked on Coquelin in the U21 match last night. He's got a great passing range and I'd be happy for him to play regularly for the first team next season. He's going to be class if he gets playing time, if you squint it's already like watching a young Modric.

Didn't think it was that bad. Most people seemed to congratulate Chelsea and the Bayern fans were very classy upon defeat.

There was a few amazingly salty posts, basically saying Chelsea were the root of all evil. :lol

Going back and looking at the live posting is so good though, people didn't even really get to finish their laughing and posts about Chelseas luck was finally up before Drogba equalized.

Actually, there was a clause in his contract allowing any team willing to pay the amount written on it to snap him. Götze had the choice to accept or refuse, but Watzke and Klopp couldn't.

Actually, I suspect Götze's agent to have convinced him to leave for Bayern. For one, he would get a commission from the transfer, and secondly, Götze's arrival means probably Kroos' departure, which ALSO is a player in an agreement with Götze's agent. So, if Kroos gets transfered to another team, he will get a commission on that too.

I find it morally very low. That's basically playing chess with 20yo's lives. At the expense of the clubs' fanbase.
What's this guys name?

Sounds like Mendes has competition.

From saturday:

Dom Manning ‏@dommanning 20 Apr
Just heard from a very trusted source that Gotzë has signed for Bayern Munich from Dortmund. Bayern are going to be amazing next season

Today:

Dom Manning ‏@dommanning 1h
@frankieyoutwit the source was Wenger lol

I'd assume most top managers knew at that point.

Anyway, Dortmund will be fine. Hopefully they can end this season on the ultimate high too.

On actually buying Götze, I can't really blame Bayern. Who wouldn't do it?

The time, yeah, that's Bayern's fault. Fuck them. Up the ass. Breaking stories about Bayern's premier criminal's tax evasion and the Bild doesn't talk shit about him. The Bild. You know, normally, they like would have wrote shit for weeks about anyone else in a similiar situation. That made me wonder, like "damn, they're afraid of Hoeneß". And now, there's a breaking "Asshole to Bayern" story just a few days later. Random? Yeah, right, fuck you. That was a good trade for both parties.

And Bayern fans saying that the time is bad for Bayern. Fucking lol, are you mental? How is it bad in any way? Media attention? Yeah, all the Bayern players will only give interviews about it until kick off today. Right? Fuck this shit, they're sitting in their hotel and the officials will make sure no journalists gets near them. For the players, that's a boost. One of the most talented players is there next year. That gives confidence in the club, not that they need more or anything but still. The only players that would think about their future with shithead arriving are Kroos (who can't play anyway) and Robben (who's ego is so big, he wouldn't even mind if Ronaldo was joining). Such a news will make the players happy, even just for a moment. And going into a match with a good feeling the hours before is important. Bad moment for Bayern, fuck me, what a joke.
This post is amazing anyway but the bolded is just magnificent :lol :lol :lol

deGod

Get out of here. You can migrate to the MLS thread, that goes for all of Bundesliga GAF. Except The_Joker.

2Wn.gif

Fady K

There's some truly frustrating moments with Mikel, but he way too often gets a lot of shit when he actually plays well. He played a huge fucking part in the CL win and was class all of the tournament, although obviously Drogba and Cech shined more than him in the finale, where Mikel however also played a fantastic match. Problem is his complete lack of offensive talent, but he brings a calmness to the midfield that no other player at Chelsea currently got, Romeu showed some signs of having it but with his long injury it's really only Mikel.

Good points man. It is the "calmness" that he brings which makes me like him more than several CFC players. A lot of us seem to lose the ball far too easily. Especially Mata and Oscar these days. What the heck happened to them? They must be real tired.

The best meltdowns are always when Barca lose.

God willing we get one tonight.

BBAAAAYYYEEERNNNN

You remind me of my old self with your thoughts on Barca, just substitute it with ManU, and crank the hate down a bit, and voila.

Blackhead

Redarse
16 Apr 2013 | Should the Bundesliga be worried about suffering 'a Spanish situation'?
Germany is suddenly gripped by fear of Spanische Verhältnisse and a duopoly involving Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund

Even Uli Hoeness, the man who once spoke of his wish to be so far ahead of the the pack that they would have to resort to using binoculars to catch a glimpse of Bayern's behind, is suddenly a little distressed. "There's a big difference in performance levels in the league," the Reds president told Kicker. "We can't be comfortable with that. We have to analyse why this is the case." The 61-year-old added that results such as Bayern's 9-2 destruction of Hamburg were unacceptable in the long run. "This calls for action," he said. He revealed that he and the Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke were talking about the matter...

23 Apr 2013 | Mario Götze to join Bayern Munich from Borussia Dortmund

... well that's one way to solve the problem.

bud

of course, arsenal have played one game more than city, but the fact that the difference at this point is only five points blows my mind.

just think what arsenal could've done with a few good players here and there... ;_;

(they could've grabbed the second spot oohhooohoooo)

Good points man. It is the "calmness" that he brings which makes me like him more than several CFC players. A lot of us seem to lose the ball far too easily. Especially Mata and Oscar these days. What the heck happened to them? They must be real tired.

You remind me of my old self with your thoughts on Barca, just substitute it with ManU, and crank the hate down a bit, and voila.
I'm like you? I'm honoured :D

Seriously through Barca gaf always bring the best meltdowns. BigBoss is clutch.

Top Bottom