• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Nyx

Oh great. Another 2 arms to join Wilbs and Viva for that bridge.

59765_230343770424203_1629856648_n.jpg

Kenka

He certainly played his part but I wouldn't blame him. He's also Reus' agent and Reus didn't go to Bayern.
My take on the situation is that Bayern actually were schizophrene in the sense they claimed they don't want to be too dominant so they don't reduce the value of the championship while they secretly (yes, secretly it's correct) lured one of the best player of their main rival with success.

They simply didn't take Reus because they didn't want to be seen too much like liars. I have known Hoeness for 15 years and that's pretty much how he has always been. Half-angel half-demon, half-genious half-dumbass. But at the end almost always with the right action to make his club thrive further.

Blackhead

Redarse
let me make this clear. he has a release clause and he was willing to leave.
it was either germany or abroad but he definitely didn't want to stay at dortmund.
do you think bayern would be wise to let the most talented german leave to real or barca?

dortmund would have lost him anyway. nobody put a gun to his head while signing the contract

The solution can't be that Bayern buys more shitty players like a few years ago. It should be more about giving other clubs the means to compete better.

They missed buying Khedira because van Gaal didn't want him. Bad move.
Yes, for the long term future of the German league, it might have been better for Gotze to be forced to choose between getting Real/Barca to pay his release clause or staying and developing with Dortmund.

Gotze picked Bayern because it's an easy move to FC Hollywood and being the big fish in a little pond. Chancing a move to Real/Barca and perhaps ending up like Sahin/Song/Sanchez would make Gotze think twice.

It's one thing if Bayern were actually buying shitty players and were in dire straits right now. It's another thing entirely when the club are top of the world and makes those comments a week ago about the ensuring the competitiveness of the German league. There's no defense for this.

Fry

So it's confirmed? In the day of the match against Barca. What a way of exciting everyone at the club. It's going to be amazing.

So many haters on football gaf.

They are all secretely Dortmund fans. 'Bayern are despicable'. THEY are buying a player you planks. In the end of the day that's all they're doing.

Fady K

Yes, for the long term future of the German league, it might have been better for Gotze to be forced to choose between getting Real/Barca to pay his release clause or staying and developing with Dortmund.

Gotze picked Bayern because it's an easy move to FC Hollywood and being the big fish in a little pond. Chancing a move to Real/Barca and perhaps ending up like Sahin/Song/Sanchez would make Gotze think twice.

It's one thing if Bayern were actually buying shitty players and were in dire straits right now. It's another thing entirely when the club are top of the world and makes those comments a week ago about the ensuring the competitiveness of the German league. There's no defense for this.

So it's confirmed? In the day of the match against Barca. What a way of exciting everyone at the club. It's going to be amazing.

They are all secretely Dortmund fans. 'Bayern are despicable'. THEY are buying a player you planks. In the end of the day that's all they're doing.

lol 'secretly'

Bayern had to do this really.

They had to respond to us clinching a deal for Zaha.

We signed England's brightest prospect. They signed Germany's. Now Real and Barca will do battle for Isco.

Wes

venison crêpe

Seems a bit cheap to buy him now and unsettle him and the club just before the CL semi finals.

CHEAP.

spidye

so you mean in the sense of competitiveness bayern should have ignored the best german talent on purpose and let him go to another big team?

Seems a bit cheap to buy him now and unsettle him and the club just before the CL semi finals.

CHEAP.

It is a dick move. But damn I would love it if Chelsea managed to do something like that with a club like Liverpool, obviously that's not going to happen as Liverpool aren't doing anything important and I wouldn't want any of their scum, but you get what I mean.

FootballFan

The best meltdowns are always when Barca lose.

God willing we get one tonight.

BBAAAAYYYEEERNNNN

Build a fucking..you get it.

far less fighting (even in Classicos when they were defeated twice in a row this season and got knocked out by Real in the Copa Del Ray!!), far less controversy, far less hogging the referee, etc, etc - do you think that many of these posters who are definitely intelligent on hereare just being ignorant to what they are REALLY like nowadays and is basing all is hate on how they have been a few seasons ago for example? I don't get it at all. Even their manager is quite humble and likeable. What makes them far, far worse than the other good teams? They are just as good as all of them as a club IMO. They have been far less noisy and controversial, far more straightforward and professional. Sure, Valdes can be a prick every now and then, and Alba can be a drama queen, and Cesc/Sanchez fall a bit too easily at times, but I don't know any other teams at the top who don't have their fair share of players who do silly things like that. Thoughts?

Most fights with Madrid happen when we win. Because of some sore losers in their team that usually end up hitting/fighting one of our players. When we lost the CdR final, our players stayed and clapped for them. When we won a cup against them they ran to the changing room and complained to the media.

Pretty odd that in the last 5-6 clasicos there hasn't been much controversy, coincidentally, Barca haven't beaten them in the last 5-6 clasicos. It's stupid really. Grown men and most of them national teammates. They all need to build bridges. Embarrassing shit they have done in the past.

I've always been on that bridge! The only team that makes me cheer for Inter.

Yes but you've built it already. So It's okay.

Fry

CHEAP.

Eeer... bayern are playing Barcelona and not Borussia. That cushions the blow, and that's all they should care, really. In the end of the day, they are rivals and as far as I know, Borussia don't give a shit about Bayern. If they could, they've done the same.

Happy birthday arnie. !

so is this the equivalent of something like if gerrard had moved to man utd 10 years ago? pretty nasty, sorry dortmund fans

Me and my brother were just talking about how much we'd charge Man Utd for a good player if they had a decent amount of time left on heir contract. I reckon it'd take twice as much money as their general value

Hope we can stagger Sterling's games next season, and Suso & Wisdom. Missing out on the Europa League might damage their progress quite a lot :(

We have such fantastic connections to Bild and Focus that we couldn't even stop the Hoeneß leak until after our match and that's despite Markwort being on our board. I wouldn't put it past our management to leak it, but today seems like a bad moment for that.

Edit:
Why did you quote yourself by the way?

So. Let's make this clear. One thing is Uli Hoeneß acting criminal with millions of Euro damage. The other thing is players joining Bayern. Are you serious?

Asking that just confirms you should maybe read properly.

spidye

You shut your whore mouth

gaitas-27rsfa.gif

seriously. this goal is unbelievable
------------------------------

happy birthday arnie
------------------------------

and I feel sorry for Milch and Sloane. the whole story was published at a very dumb time.

Top Bottom