• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Clegg

Neuer too.

Glazers need to respond.

Promote Adnan.

In all seriousness, if Fergie really wants to win one more CL then we need to sort our midfield out. The top teams in European have a wealth of options to choose from while we only have one.

We have decent attacking options and our defence has been good for the last few months. Midfield is the only glaring problem.

In all seriousness, if Fergie really wants to win one more CL then we need to sort our midfield out. The top teams in European have a wealth of options to choose from while we only have one.

We have decent attacking options and our defence has good for the last few months. Midfield is the only glaring problem.
Said it last night, we have a long way to go.

Winning this title is a small step. We need to do what we did between 2007-2009. Retain it a couple of times, win the CL, get to finals.

That's the benchmark. Current team isn't up to it but I feel good about the potential.

Zabojnik

Based Txiki

ibvK82hidhkIoN.gif

Soi-Fong

Holy shit I forgot Barca reported the ref loooool

Pussies.

Pep's a pussy as well. Moves to a side where success is almost guaranteed, there's minimum competition that has been weakened even more now, where they're as close to his previous club as any club can be. Pussy pussy pussy

This. He's moving to a side that's as close to Barca as you can get. Bundesliga is as good as theirs especially of Bayern also gets Lewandowski.

Buying the competition confirmed.

As for today, FUCK Bayern. I'm supporting Barca all the way today.

Clegg

Said it last night, we have a long way to go.

Winning this title is a small step. We need to do what we did between 2007-2009. Retain it a couple of times, win the CL, get to finals.

That's the benchmark. Current team isn't up to it but I feel good about the potential.

Sky's commentators were saying that the average age of Uniteds squad is 24. That's pretty decent imo. We've a lot of young players that will get better. But at the same time we have Rio, Giggs, Vidic and Carrick who are all vital to the team and all are over 30 years of age.

We'll need to buy very well when the time comes to replace them.

Hindle

Banned
That Klopp quote came from the Dailymail btw. But he's right, the Bundesliga just took a massive hit. We all know who's winning the SPL next year just like we do with the Bundesliga. It's a shame really.

Soi-Fong

That Klopp quote came from the Dailymail btw. But he's right, the Bundesliga just took a massive hit. We all know who's winning the SPL next year just like we do with the Bundesliga. It's a shame really.

Yup. Hard for any Bayern fans to argue that the Bundesliga will still be worth watching.. Bayern practically has all the big German players now along with some world class foreign internationals.

The Bundesliga is now a one-team league. Didn't think I'd see something worst than La Liga, but there you go..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zeman: "Nobody would say no to the nerazzurri."

Zeman to Inter. If this were to actually happen ... I don't know what I would do, frankly. It's like the ultimate dream of every Juve fan.

This please. It would be fucking hilarious.

Who's going to shut him up this time though? Roma, as classless as they are, are still classier than Inter.
Wait.

If PSG are signing Cavani...

Who's gonna buy Rooney?

More importantly..

276031-12455552-640-360.jpg

Sky's commentators were saying that the average age of Uniteds squad is 24. That's pretty decent imo. We've a lot of young players that will get better. But at the same time we have Rio, Giggs, Vidic and Carrick who are all vital to the team and all are over 30 years of age.

We'll need to buy very well when the time comes to replace them.
Nevermind replacing Carrick, we need to find somebody who can play with him first!

One last post on today:
I had big respect for Hoeneß in the past, he did, well at least it looked like it, more things right than wrong and achieved quite a lot. That said, the last few days showed what a big piece of shit he really is. First the tax stuff and now this.

The comment about Bundesliga reaching Spain style and how he wants to talk with Watzke about what to do to improve the overall quality. WHAT. Just a few weeks after fat said he'll leave and the media didn't know it. I bet that slimy fucker enjoyed every single second of it, pure humiliation. Last season must have hurt him really bad.

Also the part of the press conference with Klopp I missed was interesting.
"We will do everything we can to make sure that the person who wanted our preparation disturbed does not succeed."
"I don't think that it was in Bayern's interest to do so. Then, there are not many left."
"Everyone can imagine why they did it."

I don't really get it to be honest. Schlacke? Mou?

Meier

Based Txiki

He was going to cost way too much. I'm okay with this.

http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/imago12007924-jpg_29745674_mbqf-1366717222-30118706/2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpeg[img]
welcome to Munich

[spoiler]talking about the girlfriend[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they broke up. I think BVB fans mentioned Gotze and Reus both broke up with their ladies the same week. Coincidentally.

Holy shit I forgot Barca reported the ref loooool

Pussies.

Pep's a pussy as well. Moves to a side where success is almost guaranteed, there's minimum competition that has been weakened even more now, where they're as close to his previous club as any club can be. Pussy pussy pussy
You can make that case with any top manager, you expect Pep to manage a team like Everton now :D

Ancelotti, Mourinho they all move to teams where they will have a huge transfer budget to mold a team to their image.

Kenka

Yup. Hard for any Bayern fans to argue that the Bundesliga will still be worth watching.. Bayern practically has all the big German players now along with some world class foreign internationals.

The Bundesliga is now a one-team league. Didn't think I'd see something worst than La Liga, but there you go..
To give credit where credit is due, Bayern hired some of the world best players with little money (comparatively). Dante, Shaqiri and Mandzukic are all top-flight players that any team in the PL (even Norwich) could have afforded. Bayern may have climbed to repulsive dominance but they haven't done solely so by outmuscling the domestic competition. They have been smart as well.

Also I should add, the confidence van Gaal gave to younger players during his time at Bayern also gave the management ideas as to how they should integrate youngsters in the first team. Basically, they have done everything correctly. The hope I see for other teams like Freiburg, Mainz, Werder and others is to emulate Dortmund model and ask for correct transfer fees so they can get a return on their investment in the youth squads. In that way, we would still see talents go to high-rated team but with substantial gains for the employer.

Adam Marshall ‏@AdamSMarshall

Chief Executive David Gill to AP: "I'm sure all the clubs who missed out this season will be doing business in the summer - as we will be"

As we will be. Ahhhhhh sweet Gillgamesh, music to mine ears.

dc89

If Cavani has gone to PSG I see us going all out for either Falcao or Jojo. We have to get one world class striker and there aren't many. Mancini wanted Cavani, he has hinted to it in the past. PSG really don't give a flying crap about FFP, meanwhile we soil ourselves over it. It's crazy stupid.

Balotelli gone and not replaced. Tevez and Dzeko may be going, imagine we do a Liverpool and start the season with one striker? It would be a freaking disaster.

Alas, I place my faith in Txiki. He knows what he's doing.

Meier

If Cavani has gone to PSG I see us going all out for either Falcao or Jojo. We have to get one world class striker and there aren't many. Mancini wanted Cavani, he has hinted to it in the past. PSG really don't give a flying crap about FFP, meanwhile we soil ourselves over it. It's crazy stupid.

Balotelli gone and not replaced. Tevez and Dzeko may be going, imagine we do a Liverpool and start the season with one striker? It would be a freaking disaster.

Alas, I place my faith in Txiki. He knows what he's doing.

Worry not, Super John will save us!

I still wish City had activated Isco's release clause and offered to loan him back to Malaga for the rest of the season or something. He was available for so cheap! :mad:

Bayern are really setting themselves up now. They're building a team that could dominate Germany and compete at the highest level in Europe for the next 10 years. It's up to the rest of the big European teams to make sure that doesn't happen.

Gotze
Muller
Kroos
Alaba
Martinez
Shaqiri

they do have a solid mid-attack mid section, the only thing they are missing is a central defender and a forward. I like Mario/Mandzukic but one of them has to go.

arkon

Worry not, Super John will save us!

I still wish City had activated Isco's release clause and offered to loan him back to Malaga for the rest of the season or something. He was available for so cheap! :mad:

I imagine most of the bigger clubs feel similarly. Especially given his performances early on in the CL.

Top Bottom