• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

arkon

He is questioning the inclusion of Arsenal I believe. And i agree with u - I think Arsenal are not an easy team.

That is what I am wondering - why Dortmund didn't keep it quiet for now in order to not destabilize the fans. Probably because the leak already did the damage eh?

Well, yeah, once it leaked there'd probably be lots of talk about whether he is or isn't staying. Guess Dortmund wanted to put that to bed. I'm sure they'd have preferred to announce it once the season was over.

Fady K

Some guys here are very disrespectful to Arsenal. Arsenal have a lot of weak players and yet they are third in the league. That is not an easy feat.

There's no reason why Dortmund would have leaked it themselves to Bild. They didn't stand to benefit from it at all. It was either someone within Bayern or perhaps even Gotze's agent. He doesn't lose anything from leaking it.

Bayern announcing that Dortmund will lose arguably their best player a day before a difficult game against Madrid benefits them. They're already the favorites in the league next year, if they help cause Dortmund to get knocked out of the UCL before making extra money by reaching the finals (and possibly winning it), all the better.

I doubt we'll ever find out the official source of the leak.

My thoughts as well, i'm asking because some people think Bayern are not to be blamed at all for this.

I think it's pretty obvious that Bayern orchestrated the whole thing. Brilliant move, really.

I think so too. Brilliant, but very harsh.

Seems a bit harsh.

It really is. I don't get the FA. They are utterly ridiculous.

Fry

537942_651776384839056_1671657732_n.jpg

That is what I am wondering - why Dortmund didn't keep it quiet for now in order to not destabilize the fans. Probably because the leak already did the damage eh?

You underestimate the Bild, unfortunately. It's a shit paper with very questionable methods and they're making up lots of stuff but still, most of Germany either doesn't understand that or teams up with Bild to influence people. Not confirming the deal would have probably been even worse for us.

Pennywise

Klopp said he doesn't believe it was someone from Bayern. That leaves only few options:
- Someone from Schlake did it because they really hate us and want us to fail
- Someone from Madrid/Mou did it to weaken us
- Someone from Barca to try to irritate Bayern players

Honestly, none of those are any better than the Hoeneß theories.

Well he said not the higher ups maybe a former player...
Schalke isn't reasonable and Barca as well.

Either it was really Madrid or someone who is not officially working for Bayern but is close to them (Effenberg and so on).

Who knows, it sucks.
I'm more furious that no one of Bayern even had the guts to inform Dortmund about their wish to get Götze....

spidye

Arsenal beat barca and dortmund last year. they beat bayern this year

I understand it's fun to shit on arsenal but they're very, very good when it comes to cl

Klopp said he doesn't believe it was someone from Bayern. That leaves only few options:
- Someone from Schlake did it because they really hate us and want us to fail
- Someone from Madrid/Mou did it to weaken us
- Someone from Barca to try to irritate Bayern players

Honestly, none of those are any better than the Hoeneß theories.

or the agent. although I'm not sure what he would gain. exposure?

If that guy on Twitter is right and Wenger knew that Gotze was going to Bayern then alot of people could have known tbh. As in, beyond Dortmund, Gotze and Bayern.

In which case the leak could have come from anywhere.

Blackhead

Redarse
Actually Pep managed the B team in third division, won promotion to second division, then against all odds Laporta promoted him to the first team, more than 2/3s of barca's governing body wanted Mourihno in that very summer.

Even myself had doubts about him, he was too "green" but knew the club.

Yes, but that doesn't compare to managing Reggina, União de Leiria or Everton. Heck, even Ferguson managed Aberdeen before United and Wenger went to Japan. Very different from Pep being handed Barca on a plate.
Arsenal beat barca and dortmund last year. they beat bayern this year

I understand it's fun to shit on arsenal but they're very, very good when it comes to cl

Lol, they've only been to one CL final and have never won it. If Arsenal are legendary then what are Chelsea?

Fady K

You underestimate the Bild, unfortunately. It's a shit paper with very questionable methods and they're making up lots of stuff but still, most of Germany either doesn't understand that or teams up with Bild to influence people. Not confirming the deal would have probably been even worse for us.

I see....again I am really sorry to hear of you going through this. I hope your team comes back stronger than ever without Goetze.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone think there is a manager out there that could replace Moyes and suceed at Everton like Moyes did? I hope he stays because I don't know if the club can afford a coach who can succeed as much as Moyes did with the limited finances.

Fady K

Fady, y u no like bayern?

I like Bayern actually Blablurn and I will like them more next season when Pep is there. Mad respect to your team. Excellent football, no fear against any team. I truly wish Chelsea would be even half as strong as Bayern. I only feel really bad for the dortmund fans after they already lost kagawa.

I would also be happy for bayern to win if Barca don't as they have suffered many heartbreaks already.

I think you are also an excellent Bayern fan btw, except when you are making fun of Chelsea :p (Even though you have a right to).

The deal is done. If we had any malicious intent we would've leaked it tomorrow. And Dortmund making a few millions more is rather unimportant for us, they're already pretty wealthy and have a lot of income.

Of course given that many people seem to have known about this deal for a while anyone could've leaked it. Maybe Bild was sitting on the news, waiting for the "best" moment to reveal it for maximal publicity, who knows?

If that guy on Twitter is right and Wenger knew that Gotze was going to Bayern then alot of people could have known tbh. As in, beyond Dortmund, Gotze and Bayern.

Good points by the both of you. Could have come from anywhere.

Rad-

Well it's not like Dortmund got fucked here. They still get 38€ mils which is a crap load. Then sell Lewa and get another ~25€ mil.

Sucks for Bundesliga though.

Yes, but that doesn't compare to managing Reggina, União de Leiria or Everton. Heck, even Ferguson managed Aberdeen before United and Wenger went to Japan. Very different from Pep being handed Barca on a plate.
that's what I am trying to tell you, the vast majority of Barcelona's directors at the time didnt want him as a coach, the only one on his side was Laporta.

Granted, if he would have done a terrible job with the B team, his name wouldnt have been considered at all.

Pep's career is more like Del Bosque's than others.

Peco

no fun allowed
pls

Juve is a bigger club than Fiore and the last couple of seasons were pretty terrible for them, way more terrible than yours. I mean, they almost got relegated last year and now they are fighting with us for the 3rd spot. In my book that's impressive if you also take notice of how good they play.

Pennywise

I see....again I am really sorry to hear of you going through this. I hope your team comes back stronger than ever without Goetze.

Well, so far everybody who left was nearly equally replaced.
Of course this isn't possible with Götze, but I believe in Klopp and our manager.
Besides we got a bucketload full of money to spend and if they do it wisely, Dortmund will rise once again :p

Just compare the transfers.
Dortmund even made more money than they spent the last two years.
Bayern had to spend 120 million € to get their former glory back.

They deserved it, because they earned it, but still you can see the process of Dortmund is far from being finished.

Blablurn

I like Bayern actually Blablurn and I will like them more next season when Pep is there. Mad respect to your team. Excellent football, no fear against any team. I truly wish Chelsea would be even half as strong as Bayern. I only feel really bad for the dortmund fans after they already lost kagawa.

I would also be happy for bayern to win if Barca don't as they have suffered many heartbreaks already.

I think you are also an excellent Bayern fan btw, except when you are making fun of Chelsea :p (Even though you have a right to).

Good points by the both of you. Could have come from anywhere.

Im not making that much fun of chelsea because i dont want wooden lung to post his CL gifs lol.

Im just waiting for that one big CL victory we need.

Meier

Txiki is absolutely worthless in Barcelona's success, all the transfer failures at barcelona are his fault.

tumblr_m4rll2BPRy1qc22fu.gif

(this is required again)

Eto'o, Henry, Yaya Toure, Pique, Pinto, Dani Alves, overseeing the overhaul of La Masia.. yeah, okay buddy. Messi, Busquets, Pedro, etc. promoted from within. Keep dreaming.

I am fine with the accounting, it's just a bit sad that the supporters are given Iwata's speech this season as well. Had the big teams in Italy restrained to bribe referees prior to Calciopoli, Serie A would be now in much better shape. Financially as well. Stupid FIGC.

Baby steps: two years ago, we had a debt of €70m. Last year, €67m. This year, €7m. I don't think that having a better control on refs would've changed a lot, it's the very italian football culture that's just weird. We're still missing a law that allows clubs to have their private stadium (the Juventus Stadium is particular, they had other agreements which I don't remember) - granted, the country has a lot of other problems with a different priority. Still, this thing is pretty old, there were talkings during Italia '90, which happened more than 20 years ago.
Exactly.
a7f7252bdc88ed4e687b85f640afe09d-55641-1336926496.jpeg

no fun allowed

http://juventiknows.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/2.Locker-Room-Scudetto-celebrations_Conte.jpg[img]

pls[/QUOTE]
The guy on the right. He seems dead on the inside.

Is he an interista?
[quote="Yurt, post: 55057020"]And Lavezzi to Milan.

[img]http://www.football-italia.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/todays_papers/todayspapers/gazapr23.jpg[img]

PSG falling apart.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Not going to happen, my money is on Moratti to go all in on him. I feel it, don't ask why.

[spoiler]So there actually was somebody in our transfer rumors, I forgot about him.[/spoiler]

Blackhead

Redarse
that's what I am trying to tell you, the vast majority of Barcelona's directors at the time didnt want him as a coach, the only one on his side was Laporta.

Granted, if he would have done a terrible job with the B team, his name wouldnt have been considered at all.

Pep's career is more like Del Bosque's than others.

And Del Bosque went to Besiktas. Pep chose Bayern. Seen the difference?

rvy

Banned
KONAMI is committed to the continual pursuit of realism within its Pro Evolution Soccer series, and the new agreement furthers the publisher’s quest to recreate the excitement, atmosphere and skill of football played at the highest level.

The Pro Evolution Soccer series holds a wide range of soccer licenses from around the world, including Europe’s premier club competition, the UEFA Champions League. Since its inception, the series has enjoyed wide-ranging acclaim worldwide, and the addition ofAsia’s highly-regarded club competition will only serve to extend its range and awareness within football fans across the globe.

The deal will see KONAMI working closely with the AFC to integrate the club competition into forthcoming Pro Evolution Soccer titles. The game, which enjoys a global presence, will feature a dedicated mode, allowing users to control one of the 32 teams that compete in the AFC Champions League tournament.

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced an agreement with the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to incorporate the AFC Champions League, the prestigious tournament that decides Asia’s greatest club team, into forthcoming versions of Pro Evolution Soccer.

“Konami is rightly regarded as the leader in the field of football video games and their expertise and enthusiasm shines through,” commented Dr. Hafez Al Medlej, Chairman of the Asian Football Confederation Marketing Committee. “We are very excited to see the AFC Champions League integrated into the acclaimed Pro Evolution Soccer series, and foresee a long, close and mutually beneficial partnership for us both.”

“The acquisition of such a high-profile license such as the AFC Champions League is integral to our ambitious plans for the Pro Evolution Soccer series,” commented Shinji Hirano, President for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We look forward to a long and successful partnership with the Asian Football Confederation, as we look to bring the passion and skill of the AFC Champions League to vivid life.”

Neat, even though I know nothing about the AFC. I WANT TO SEE THE GAME ALREADY, IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

Blablurn

In the last two semi finals we met man u and real. I was always scared. This is the first where i think we can match the quality.

Fady K

Not even Fady has that big of a heart.

But Bayern fits in my heart ;D I think they are the most complete football team right now. I used to thInk it was Juve, but I was way off after seeing them play Bayern.

Im not making that much fun of chelsea because i dont want wooden lung to post his CL gifs lol.

Im just waiting for that one big CL victory we need.

Haha just kidding bro :) your club is beautiful and deserves so many trophies. Enjoy the coming seasons bro :)

Well, so far everybody who left was nearly equally replaced.
Of course this isn't possible with Götze, but I believe in Klopp and our manager.
Besides we got a bucketload full of money to spend and if they do it wisely, Dortmund will rise once again :p

Just compare the transfers.
Dortmund even made more money than they spent the last two years.
Bayern had to spend 120 million € to get their former glory back.

They deserved it, because they earned it, but still you can see the process of Dortmund is far from being finished.

I would love for Dortmund to keep fighting the good fight, will make football in Germany more interesting. That is a whole lot of money spent I must admit 0_o.

Does anyone think there is a manager out there that could replace Moyes and suceed at Everton like Moyes did? I hope he stays because I don't know if the club can afford a coach who can succeed as much as Moyes did with the limited finances.
Very tough to know. Would certainly by a massive loss for Everton.

I think Roberto Martinez could be good. He's shown he can deal with losing his better players and not much money.

Possible but probably the worst theory.

Or maybe Wenger was so annoying and called every other day that the agent was like "Goddamn, Arsene, alright, just stop, he's going to Bayern." lol

qindarka

Banned
In the last two semi finals we met man u and real. I was always scared. This is the first where i think we can match the quality.

Man United was in the quarters I believe, you guys thrashed Lyon in the semis.

By the way, does the German NT have any good strikers emerging? Gomez seems to have lost his place at Bayern and Klose is well into his thirties. Seems like all the talented young stars are attacking midfielders.

Top Bottom