• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Kenka

He's the best footy teacher in Italy tho. #MontellaRossonero

I don't like him but I respect Montella. He was showed some incredible patience before he got called in the national team although he had stats like this way before his first cap:

xETlab0.png

But still. Delve >>>>Cuntzella

If Cavani has gone to PSG I see us going all out for either Falcao or Jojo. We have to get one world class striker and there aren't many. Mancini wanted Cavani, he has hinted to it in the past. PSG really don't give a flying crap about FFP, meanwhile we soil ourselves over it. It's crazy stupid.

Balotelli gone and not replaced. Tevez and Dzeko may be going, imagine we do a Liverpool and start the season with one striker? It would be a freaking disaster.

Alas, I place my faith in Txiki. He knows what he's doing.
You don't even need Cavani.

City already have 2 world class strikers.

Jovetic makes sense. He's young, versatile and has potential. Will cost what, £25m? Why pay £50m for Cavani. I've never understood why so many City fans feel the urge for this big name striker.

Gotze, Cavani, Handanovic, Rooney, Ibrahimovic... It's still April yet things are already interesting.

Now, who the hell are we after? Agazzi.

I mean.

dc89

Worry not, Super John will save us!

I still wish City had activated Isco's release clause and offered to loan him back to Malaga for the rest of the season or something. He was available for so cheap! :mad:

I know. And now it's something like €576m :lol Damn it.

Jovetic makes sense. He's young, versatile and has potential. Will cost what, £25m? Why pay £50m for Cavani. I've never understood why so many City fans feel the urge for this big name striker.

Gotta sell dem new Nike shirts!!

Kenka

Gotze, Cavani, Handanovic, Rooney, Ibrahimovic... It's still April yet things are already interesting.

Now, who the hell are we after? Agazzi.

I mean.
Hey, I like him. Although it would have been better to go after Sirigu me think.
I understand how frustrating the situation is. Berlu needs to conform to the regulations but he could have at least shelled out some money on the likes of Isco, Griezmann, Draxler or Dzagoev.

City need a striker, someone who can finish the plays, Aguero is great but he is more of a trequartista than a Center Forward.

Wilbur

Banned

Innit.

CM and wingers should be on City's wish list more. Promote Guidetti instead of him fucking about in the EDS.

Pennywise

So, it seems a PL club was actually trying to get Götze.

If you browse through his tweets from SATURDAY.

Just heard from a very trusted source that Gotzë has signed for Bayern Munich from Dortmund. Bayern are going to be amazing next season

Gotzë is better than Kroos - the person told me they found out from a PL manager who was interested in getting him

Fady K

By the way guys, quick question - did Bayern have a role in causing this announcement to go early? I see that Dortmund officially announced it first - but why did Dortmund not wait till later to announce it? I'm slightly confused.

Another United fan. Shocker.

tumblr_m4rll2BPRy1qc22fu.gif

Incredible.

Oh god no. I actually feel insulted :(

Portsmouth fan and I do not like Manchester United fans in the slightest (everyone at school was a fan growing up, a lot of them cannot take losing graciously and the minute they lose they turn against their own manager/players)

arkon

By the way guys, quick question - did Bayern have a role in causing this announcement to go early? I see that Dortmund officially announced it first - but why did Dortmund not wait till later to announce it? I'm slightly confused.

It was some rumour posted by Bild which they said was a done deal.

Zabojnik

Bayern needed some positive PR after the whole tax debacle.

It was bild (newspaper) that broke the news first

Blablurn

And then? Not even Messi can score while his foot is stuck in van Buytens bum.
Let them hate. I will try to ignore it. It will not always work but its worth a try. The hate we received today was just ridiculous. Butthurt football fans who wished mario götze would join them. But we are not in the 90s anymore. Where a big name was enough to get a certain player. Im proud that bayern caught up with those. Between the 80s and the 2000s we were always inferior to the other big european clubs. Maybe they are just afraid that another team has entered the stage. 2010 was the start, 2012 showed we can do it again. And reaching this years semi final was also a huge benchmark. Especially after besting champions league legends like arsenal and juve. Anyway, get used to some more bayern, guys. Just like i have to get used to read ur trolling in gaf after a defeat. But maybe thats just a sign of acceptance ;)

They probably want to destabilize each other, either way it Dortmund are on the wrong side at the end.

At least wait till the end of the CL.

Meier

Some ridiculous idiot posted a link to one of those absurd conspiracy theory posts about the Boston Marathom bombings being staged on the NeoGAF Facebook group last night. Pissed me right off. Looks like someone deleted the post though.

Here's the guy who made the post initially though: https://www.facebook.com/JCRCrasyz. I was livid.

Oh god no. I actually feel insulted :(

Portsmouth fan and I do not like Manchester United fans in the slightest (everyone at school was a fan growing up, a lot of them cannot take losing graciously and the minute they lose they turn against their own manager/players)

Thank goodness. Sorry about you guys going down but it seems like you'll be in a better place with the new ownership situation.

Pennywise

Actually it's not quite clear.
Of course neither Dortmund nor Bayern wanted it to be official now, but there are alot of sources who claim the leak is within the bayern.
You could also claim it was Hoeneß :p to overshadow his current problems, still Klopp doesn't believe so and if you watched the press conference he left a hint.
The hint could mean two things, either there was someone from Bayern who leaked it or even someone from Madrid to heat things up.

Fady K

It was some rumour posted by Bild which they said was a done deal.

Dortmund wanted to end all speculation as quickly as possible. Some people have speculated Bayern is involved in this and while it would be stupid for Bayern themselves to leak it today, it's possible someone involved did it.

But don't you guys think it would have made more sense for Dortmund to announce it later? What did Bayern do wrong in this announcement in your collective opinions? What is this about Klopp saying someone timed it to cause disharmony?

Let them hate. I will try to ignore it. It will not always work but its worth a try. The hate we received today was just ridiculous. Butthurt football fans who wished mario götze would join them. But we are not in the 90s anymore. Where a big name was enough to get a certain player. Im proud that bayern caught up with those. Between the 80s and the 2000s we were always inferior to the other big european clubs. Maybe they are just afraid that another team has entered the stage. 2010 was the start, 2012 showed we can do it again. And reaching this years semi final was also a huge benchmark. Especially after besting champions league legends like arsenal and juve. Anyway, get used to some more bayern, guys. Just like i have to get used to read ur trolling in gaf after a defeat. But maybe thats just a sign of acceptance ;)
?

Hey, I like him. Although it would have been better to go after Sirigu me think.
I understand how frustrating the situation is. Berlu needs to conform to the regulations but he could have at least shelled out some money on the likes of Isco, Griezmann, Draxler or Dzagoev.
I prefer Perin, a little bit better imho.

And honestly I don't see Berlusconi pay more than €10-15m for a non-striker. Even less if there aren't any elections in Italy. Plus, this year we have a debt around €7m and next year we'll probably have around €25m to spend on new players, so it's just a matter of time before we get back to signing important players every six months.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for, based on Galliani and Barbara Berlusconi's comments.

arkon

But don't you guys think it would have made more sense for Dortmund to announce it later? What did Bayern do wrong in this announcement in your collective opinions? What is this about Klopp saying someone timed it to cause disharmony?

Well Gotze is a mainstay of the Dortmund team and they've a big match coming up against Madrid in a CL semi-final. When teammates find out it's bound to have a destabilizing influence.

Fady K

Bayern needed some positive PR after the whole tax debacle.

So you think someone from the Bayern camp initiated it?

It was bild (newspaper) that broke the news first

Any idea if the source of the leak came from either Bayern or Dortmund?

They probably want to destabilize each other, either way it Dortmund are on the wrong side at the end.

At least wait till the end of the CL.

That is what I am trying to figure out, what did bayern actually do to cause a destabilization (other than buying gotze if course)

Actually it's not quite clear.
Of course neither Dortmund nor Bayern wanted it to be official now, but there are alot of sources who claim the leak is within the bayern.
You could also claim it was Hoeneß :p to overshadow his current problems, still Klopp doesn't believe so and if you watched the press conference he left a hint.
The hint could mean two things, either there was someone from Bayern who leaked it or even someone from Madrid to heat things up.

So there is no way we can know for sure if this is Bayern's fault huh?

Bayern fans are awful at taking hate :lol

No idea, rumours point towards Bayern, but nothing is confirmed. I guess it was easier for Dortmund to confirm it now instead of having it asked at every press conference whether it was true or not for the rest of the season.

Some ridiculous idiot posted a link to one of those absurd conspiracy theory posts about the Boston Marathom bombings being staged on the NeoGAF Facebook group last night. Pissed me right off. Looks like someone deleted the post though.

Here's the guy who made the post initially though: https://www.facebook.com/JCRCrasyz. I was livid.

Thank goodness. Sorry about you guys going down but it seems like you'll be in a better place with the new ownership situation.

Its going to be for the best, it feels like we have won something rather than be relegated. I was at the game on Saturday, the atmosphere is electric again and it feels like we have just been released from someones basement after a few years. Cannot wait for next season, its nice to be able to talk about football than off field problems with fans.

Blackhead

Redarse
You can make that case with any top manager, you expect Pep to manage a team like Everton now :D

Ancelotti, Mourinho they all move to teams where they will have a huge transfer budget to mold a team to their image.

Ancelotti started his career at Reggina/Parma and Mourinho started his at Benfica/União de Leiria. That's very different from Pep's

Meier

So you think someone from the Bayern camp initiated it?

That is what I am trying to figure out, what did bayern actually do to cause a destabilization (other than buying gotze if course)

So there is no way we can know for sure if this is Bayern's fault huh?

There's no reason why Dortmund would have leaked it themselves to Bild. They didn't stand to benefit from it at all. It was either someone within Bayern or perhaps even Gotze's agent. He doesn't lose anything from leaking it.

Bayern announcing that Dortmund will lose arguably their best player a day before a difficult game against Madrid benefits them. They're already the favorites in the league next year, if they help cause Dortmund to get knocked out of the UCL before making extra money by reaching the finals (and possibly winning it), all the better.

I doubt we'll ever find out the official source of the leak.

Klopp said he doesn't believe it was someone from Bayern. That leaves only few options:
- Someone from Schlake did it because they really hate us and want us to fail
- Someone from Madrid/Mou did it to weaken us
- Someone from Barca to try to irritate Bayern players

Honestly, none of those are any better than the Hoeneß theories.

Fady K

Beating :)

Im only on the phone right now

He is questioning the inclusion of Arsenal I believe. And i agree with u - I think Arsenal are not an easy team.

Well Gotze is a mainstay of the Dortmund team and they've a big match coming up against Madrid in a CL semi-final. When teammates find out it's bound to have a destabilizing influence.

That is what I am wondering - why Dortmund didn't keep it quiet for now in order to not destabilize the fans. Probably because the leak already did the damage eh?

Ancelotti started his career at Reggina/Parma and Mourinho started his at Benfica/União de Leiria. That's very different from Pep's
Actually Pep managed the B team in third division, won promotion to second division, then against all odds Laporta promoted him to the first team, more than 2/3s of barca's governing body wanted Mourihno in that very summer.

Even myself had doubts about him, he was too "green" but knew the club.

Meier

Actually Pep managed the B team in third division, won promotion to second division, then against all odds Laporta promoted him to the first team, more than 2/3s of barca's governing body wanted Mourihno in that very summer.

Lets not overlook the importance of #BasedTxiki in Pep's promotion.

Kenka

I prefer Perin, a little bit better imho.

And honestly I don't see Berlusconi pay more than €10-15m for a non-striker. Even less if there aren't any elections in Italy. Plus, this year we have a debt around €7m and next year we'll probably have around €25m to spend on new players, so it's just a matter of time before we get back to signing important players every six months.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for, based on Galliani and Barbara Berlusconi's comments.
I am fine with the accounting, it's just a bit sad that the supporters are given Iwata's speech this season as well. Had the big teams in Italy restrained to bribe referees prior to Calciopoli, Serie A would be now in much better shape. Financially as well. Stupid FIGC.

Top Bottom