• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve is a bigger club than Fiore and the last couple of seasons were pretty terrible for them, way more terrible than yours. I mean, they almost got relegated last year and now they are fighting with us for the 3rd spot. In my book that's impressive if you also take notice of how good they play.

Fair enough.

They had a pretty good transfer market too! Most (if not all) of their signings 'clicked'.

Valero, Savic, Ljajic, Aqualoani, Pizarro, Cuadrado, Gonzalo Rodriquez, Roncaglia and even Luca Toni...

God dammit Montella IS good.

rvy

Banned
But Bayern fits in my heart ;D I think they are the most complete football team right now. I used to thInk it was Juve, but I was way off after seeing them play Bayern.

I still have to hear you compliment Benfica on the amazing goal I've posted for the past few days. Until then, I'm not speaking with you no' mo'.

derExperte

With a big difference, Reus said he wouldn't extend his contract before the whole process started.
Götze just renewed his...

Which is the reason why you're getting 37m and Bayern won't just wait until his contract is over. Which is what would have happened otherwise. So despite all the understandable disappointment right now Götze did Dortmund a favor financially.

Blablurn

But Bayern fits in my heart ;D I think they are the most complete football team right now. I used to thInk it was Juve, but I was way off after seeing them play Bayern.

Haha just kidding bro :) your club is beautiful and deserves so many trophies. Enjoy the coming seasons bro :)

I would love for Dortmund to keep fighting the good fight, will make football in Germany more interesting. That is a whole lot of money spent I must admit 0_o.

Ur change between hate and love for bayern confuses me, it intrigues me, it makes me feel angry, but also happy. Its seducing but also scary. I guess this is the infamous fady effect!

Read on twitter earlier Leverkusen said a deal for Schurrle with us isn't really that close and Dortmund now want him...

I hope we can get it done quickly. Then get Falcao.

rvy

Banned
We'll congratulate you when you beat us to become the real Champions of Europe.

Fuck that.

I must have missed it bro. Care to post a gif or link?

gaitas4vs0w.gif

gaitas-27rsfa.gif

Pennywise

Which is the reason why you're getting 37m and Bayern won't just wait until his contract is over.

I'm not arguing over the transfer itself.
Just the circumstances....
Besides Gladbach got their 17m as well :p

@qindarka
There is currently no striker who would fit into this role.
Several talents are there, but they're far from playing a big role.

Fady K

Ur change between hate and love for bayern confuses me, it intrigues me, it makes me feel angry, but also happy. Its seducing but also scary. I guess this is the infamous fady effect!

The confusion from my part probably comes from the fact that they will be playing against my other team tonight..i am a bit confused myself but I am beginning to like them and respect them more (outside of their possible involvement in the goetze saga). They are just an amazing football team....

Pennywise

Read on twitter earlier Leverkusen said a deal for Schurrle with us isn't really that close and Dortmund now want him...

I hope we can get it done quickly. Then get Falcao.

That's a possibility.
Schürrle got some friends at Dortmund.
But still Chelsea got the upper hand with De Bruyne..

tumblr_m4rll2BPRy1qc22fu.gif

(this is required again)

Eto'o, Henry, Yaya Toure, Pique, Pinto, Dani Alves, overseeing the overhaul of La Masia.. yeah, okay buddy. Messi, Busquets, Pedro, etc. promoted from within. Keep dreaming.

Eto'o signed by Laporta
Henry, same
Yaya, signed by Laporta
Pique, signed by Laporta
Pinto, Txiki
Dani Alves, Txiki

overhaul - Pep, he with Amor came up with the plan

Messi - Benaiges, Rexach
Busquets -Pep
Pedro - Benaiges, went to see San Isidro for a venzuelan player came back with Pedro instead.

You know who Txiki signed/sold,

Keirrison and Henrique for 30 million, sold both for less than 5 million.
signed Thuram for 8 million at the age of 35, seriously.
Cant forget about Rustu
Maxi Lopez bought for 8, sold for 2.5
Hleb, 18 million down the drain
Caceres, because Racing wanted 4 for Garay, ended up paying Villarreal 8 for Caceres, sold to Sevilla for 2.
Zambrotta 14 to Juve, sold for 8 the year after.
Eidur Gud... the team needed a forward like Larson, paid 8-10 for Gud, ended playing in Xavi's spot because he missed too many chances.

Yeah he is terrible and everyone at barcelona knew it but he was close to Soriano and he was the money man.

Eto'o signed by Laporta
Henry, same
Yaya, signed by Laporta
Pique, signed by Laporta
Pinto, Txiki
Dani Alves, Txiki

Messi - Benaiges, Rexach
Busquets -Pep
Pedro - Benaiges, went to see San Isidro for a venzuelan player came back with Pedro instead.

Cant forget about Rustu
Caceres, because Racing wanted 4 for Garay, ended up paying Villarreal 8 for Caceres, sold to Sevilla for 2.
Eidur Gud... the team needed a forward like Larson, paid 8-10 for Gud, ended playing in Xavi's spot because he missed too many chances.

Yeah he is terrible and everyone at barcelona knew it but he was close to Soriano and he was the money man.
:lol

#BasedTxixi

I don't think replacing cunt will be that difficult. He was great for us but he didn't decide every game on his own. It's more about what cunt will be in a year or two. I fear that's when he'll hit his best and it's a disaster for the Bundesliga that this will be playing for Bayern.

Look at his stats this season:
41 played, 16 goals, 19 assists

Messi at 20:
40 played, 16 goals, 17 assists

#FootballIsDead

Meier

#BasedTxixi

Txiki was the DOF the entire time Laporta was the president. Somehow all of the good signings are Laporta's and all of the bad signings are Begiristan. A coach who only got the Barca B job largely due to Txiki gets credit for La Masia overhaul. No bias seems present at all.

Peco

Fair enough.

They had a pretty good transfer market too! Most (if not all) of their signings 'clicked'.

Valero, Savic, Ljajic, Aqualoani, Pizarro, Cuadrado, Gonzalo Rodriquez, Roncaglia and even Luca Toni...

God dammit Montella IS good.

Ljajic was already at Fiorentina iirc, but kudos to Pradè for the other signings.

Txiki was the DOF the entire time Laporta was the president. Somehow all of the good signings are Laporta's and all of the bad signings are Begiristan. No bias seems present at all.

dude, Txiki had the title, but any important signings was handled by the president; everyone knows this. I remember Txiki spending 3 weeks trying to sign Deco, and da costa just wouldnt budge, the pres flew to Portugal, signed the player in a couple of days then presented him at the Nou Camp a day later.

Txiki is a terrible Sporting Director

Slizz

Eto'o signed by Laporta
Henry, same
Yaya, signed by Laporta
Pique, signed by Laporta
Pinto, Txiki
Dani Alves, Txiki

Messi - Benaiges, Rexach
Busquets -Pep

Cant forget about Rustu

iucN1qh9w4vw0.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rooney? At PSG? Space?

http://i.picpar.com/2Wn.gif[IMG]

:D As long as Ibrahimovic is at PSG, there's no reason for them to have Rooney.[/QUOTE]

Ibra won't stay with PSG if they buy Cavani.

[quote="Shake Appeal, post: 55060428"]Interesting, interesting...[/QUOTE]

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND

dude, Txiki had the title, but any important signings was handled by the president; everyone knows this. I remember Txiki spending 3 weeks trying to sign Deco, and da costa just wouldnt budge, the pres flew to Portugal, signed the player in a couple of days then presented him at the Nou Camp a day later.

tumblr_m142unAB4Q1r2chsho1_400.gif

Clegg

OMG

YES

Eto'o signed by Laporta
Henry, same
Yaya, signed by Laporta
Pique, signed by Laporta
Pinto, Txiki
Dani Alves, Txiki

Messi - Benaiges, Rexach
Busquets -Pep

Cant forget about Rustu

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

New favourite poster.

#bringbackbasedmarwood

I think I want Bayern to win. I have an irrational dislike of Barcelona most of the time, and I really can't explain it but I like seeing them lose, get upset and angry and throw their toys out of the pram.

Heck, I'm getting angry just typing this now.

I hope they lose via an offside goal or something as equally ridiculous.

Meier

That makes total sense -- any of the negative signings are on the president as well then, right? Or just those that worked out well? No evidence of bias in your post at all, so I'll take your word for it.

30r-thumbsup.gif

Top Bottom