• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Seel

Neo Member
1366747521394.gif

xD

FootballFan

FF, does this game answers your question?

'BundesLOLiga or BayerGOD München?'

BayGODs indeed. But you also have to admit how shitty Barca were in helping to confirm BayGODs status.

Messi shouldn't have played, simple. People were saying mind games when they said he was 70% but he wasn't even 70%. More like 20%. Bartra isn't someone a team should have to use in a CL semi against Bayern.

Substitutes needed to be made. Tito did really bad. Bayern executed their plan perfectly, tito needed to make changes and try different options. Not stick to the one that was getting killed the whole match.

Good luck in the final, I really hope you guys win it.

la_briola

FCB__________________Barcelona

81%____Pass Success_____91%

79%____Aerial Success____21%

34%_____Possession______66%

Spaniards can't jump.

Meier

Tito's just not a good coach, I knew it since we got run over by Madrid in the second leg of the supercopa.

I pointed out how ludicrous him getting the job was last year. Dude walked into a $9m a year deal without having ever been the head coach of a single team. Insanity. If Barca were smart, they'd cut their losses and hire someone else, but I guess that'd be a monster payoff.

FootballFan

I doubt this would have made a difference.
Fabregas wouldn't have improved the balance between defense and offense.
Barca had some serious issues when they lost the ball and Bayern nailed their counters quite well.

My point is, it's worth a try to change around. Maybe we would have lost 7-0 had Tito done the subs, but at least it would have meant he tried to change the course of the game. Not keep letting Bayern put it into Barca's ass.

bud

I pointed out how ludicrous him getting the job was last year. Dude walked into a $9m a year deal without having ever been the head coach of a single team. Insanity. If Barca were smart, they'd cut their losses and hire someone else, but I guess that'd be a monster payoff.

i very much doubt vilanova earns that much. not even guardiola made that much, iirc.

Fady K

Wow...I have never been this embarassed and hurt by one of my teams before. Utter disgrace of a performance. Even if 2 goals should not have counted, there is no denying that Bayern deserve this 1000%. Congrats to the Bayern fans. I am so, so embarassed by that performance.

Enjoy your glorious victory and good luck on the final lads. Blablurn, spidye, fuenf, and the lot of you, well done. Your team is stunning.

See you guys around.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Even if we won the league, this season was a disaster. We got exposed in both Copa del Rey and the CL, against great teams. La Liga is a joke, 90% of the teams are garbage and in direct matches against Madrid we tied at home and lost to Madrid B.

spidye

Wow...I have never been this embarassed and hurt by one of my teams before. Utter disgrace of a performance. Even if 2 goals should not have counted, there is no denying that Bayern deserve this 1000%. Congrats to the Bayern fans. I am so, so embarassed by that performance.

Enjoy your glorious victory and good luck on the final lads. Blablurn, spidye, fuenf, and the lot of you, well done. Your team is stunning.

See you guys around.

thanks. we're on a high right now and Messi was a shadow of his former self.
no need to be embarassed

FootballFan

See you guys around.

It's okay Fady. We needed that I think.

Scraped past a very average Milan, scraped past a good PSG team but only on goal difference, and have lost to Madrid in like the last 5 clasico's.

Pass to Messi and hope he does something doesn't work every time. Maybe this will force the fools in charge to spend that Neymar money on Thiago Silva and Hummels or something.

arkon

Guys. I have a confession to make. I'm actually a Bayern fan. They're my local team. Been supporting them since 2012

Fady K

thanks. we're on a high right now and Messi a shadow of his former self.
no need to be embarassed

Messi had nothing to do with this loss. I don't blame him one bit. His team did him no favors, not one, simple as that. Plus, it turns out he wasn't even fully fit.

Messi does not deserve a shred of blame for to tonight. I wouldn't go so far to say he is a shadow of his former self.

spidye

Messi is injured, not a shadow.
Messi had nothing to do with this loss. I don't blame him one bit. His team did him no favors, not one, simple as that. Plus, it turns out he wasn't even fully fit.

Messi does not deserve a shred of blame for to tonight. I wouldn't go so far to say he is a shadow of his former self.

that's what I meant of course. because of his injury he couldn't perform like he always does

bad choice of words. of course he's not to blame

Meier

i very much doubt vilanova earns that much. not even guardiola made that much, iirc.

It looks like he only signed a 2 year deal -- smart decision. Pep was making €7.5m ($9.8m) in his final year. Here was the top 10 as of the end of November:

1. José Mourinho
Real Madrid
£12.3M ($19.7M)

2. Carlo Ancelotti
Paris St. Germain
£10.9M ($17.4M)

3. Marcelo Lippi
Guangzhou
£8.7M ($13.9M)

4. Alex Ferguson
ManU
£7.6M ($12.1M)

5. Arsene Wenger
Arsenal
£7.5M ($12.0M)

6. Guus Hiddink
Anzhi
£6.7M ($10.7M)

7. Fabio Capello
Russia
£6.3M ($10.0M)

8. Tito Vilanova
Barcelona
£5.6M ($8.9M)

9. Jose Camacho
China
£4.8M ($7.7M)

10. Roberto Mancini
Manchester City
£4.8M

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/.../International-Football/football-coaches.aspx

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Scraped past a very average Milan, scraped past a good PSG team but only on goal difference, and have lost to Madrid in like the last 5 clasico's.

Pass to Messi and hope he does something doesn't work every time. Maybe this will force the fools in charge to spend that Neymar money on Thiago Silva and Hummels or something.
Real talk.

Raptor

Bayern bought Gotze?

The fuck man, are they trying to dominate everything now?

Shit we better get an Alonso sub and a striker quick.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Messi was clearly not match fit, you can recover from an injury but match fitness is not something you get from one day to the next.

Fady K

I agree with you football fan. I was thinking this is the kind of wake up call the team needs. We also need competent defenders, we need competent attackers (NOT Alexis) and competent defenders. Also...the team REALLY needs to learn how to play with a different strategy when it is not working,

Messi

He does deserve as much blame as the rest of them. He could have said he was not fit and let fabregas play. If he was not fit he should not have played. Tonight it was like playing with 10 men as Messi was unable to do anything. He put us at a disadvantage. Tonight his FUCKING ego got in the way of the team and it backfired. Tito should have grown some balls and sat him down on the bench instead of forcing him into the team for some fear factor. Bayern were/are not scared of messi. They are not Granada or some team like that they are a group of world class players.

Tonight Messi deserves to share the blame. Fuck this special treatment bullshit.

Messi was clearly not match fit, you can recover from an injury but match fitness is not something you get from one day to the next.

Then he shouldn't played. If he dosn't feel like he can put the team on his back on one of the most important matchs of the year he should have backed, or Tito should have.

Do they really think that his presence would scare Bayern like it did with PSG?.

Top Bottom