• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I still don't understand what makes Pedro good enough to be a starter in this team.

dude has always been the weakest link in this team, just not good.

Yager

Banned
This is amazing. People claiming that Tito should have changed Cesc for Messi. That would've changed nothing. If you're losing 3-0 you don't change man-for-man, you take one defender, play with 3 on defense and add someone on front. Messi's scored 50% of Barça's goals this season, would you really take him out of the pitch? That's some crazy shit.

Dinokill

MMD_91388_cuanta_razon_xavi.jpg

"We are going to be remembered like the Lakers from 30 years ago"(Xavi said that before Milans game)

"We are losing like today's Lakers"

fuenf

This is amazing. People claiming that Tito should have changed Cesc for Messi. That would've changed nothing. If you're losing 3-0 you don't change man-for-man, you take one defender, play with 3 on defense and add someone on front. Messi's scored 50% of Barça's goals this season, would you really take him out of the pitch? That's some crazy shit.

that might be part of the problem.

Messi

When he is clearly still hurt yes. He had a negative effect tonight. He did NOTHING.

People claim he should have done something. Anything would have been better than what he actually did do: nothing.

faridmon

Don't start with Messi and chchange Messi for Cesc are different.

I can't believe I missed this.

Eto'o signed by Laporta
Henry, same
Yaya, signed by Laporta
Pique, signed by Laporta
Pinto, Txiki
Dani Alves, Txiki

overhaul - Pep, he with Amor came up with the plan

Messi - Benaiges, Rexach
Busquets -Pep
Pedro - Benaiges, went to see San Isidro for a venzuelan player came back with Pedro instead.

You know who Txiki signed/sold,

Keirrison and Henrique for 30 million, sold both for less than 5 million.
signed Thuram for 8 million at the age of 35, seriously.
Cant forget about Rustu
Maxi Lopez bought for 8, sold for 2.5
Hleb, 18 million down the drain
Caceres, because Racing wanted 4 for Garay, ended up paying Villarreal 8 for Caceres, sold to Sevilla for 2.
Zambrotta 14 to Juve, sold for 8 the year after.
Eidur Gud... the team needed a forward like Larson, paid 8-10 for Gud, ended playing in Xavi's spot because he missed too many chances.

Yeah he is terrible and everyone at barcelona knew it but he was close to Soriano and he was the money man.

dude, Txiki had the title, but any important signings was handled by the president; everyone knows this. I remember Txiki spending 3 weeks trying to sign Deco, and da costa just wouldnt budge, the pres flew to Portugal, signed the player in a couple of days then presented him at the Nou Camp a day later.

Txiki is a terrible Sporting Director

I give this to Txiki thou,

signed Ezquerro on a freebie, gave him a 5 million/y contract played less than 25 games in 3 years

XD

oh dude we are leaving a ton off the table, we are not even talking about Mario, Trashorras, Damia, Oscar Lopez, Rodri - man he was the next Migueli they said - Ros, Javito, because they all failed.

City are so desperate for any of that Barca success, they are taking anyone/thing they can. They wanted Pep and failed then they took Tixiki. Should have done their research.

Guy was a total waster.

jo8vTLk7j3QGv.jpg

Dibbz

Really? They were leaky as fuck tonight and you think going 3 would help? Playing Messi was essentially playing a man down. Fabregas would have at least evened the teams up. The change should have come at half time when they were 1-0. Making the first sub when you are 4-0 down with 10 mins left was madness.

Whatever though I really don't care but what a waste of resources the Barca bench is.

bud

yeah, as useless messi was today, i wouldn't have taken him off either. i know it's a cliche thing to say, but he's one of those players who can have that one moment of brilliance out of nothing (see: psg at home).

Carbonox

Fuck me is Hummels linked with a move out of Dortmund?

Eh supposedly Barcelona want him and he wouldn't mind playing for them one day. He's been linked with all the top teams though.

However that's all there is to it IMO, I can't see him leaving as well as Gotze and Lewandowski in the same window.

FootballFan

The main point was Messi shouldn't have started in the first place. So it wouldn't have been 3-0 until the swap.

And even if it was done during the game, Cesc for Messi does change the team, it is not man-for-man sort of sub. Iniesta goes on the wing, Villa goes to the middle, Cesc in midfield etc.

I hate when we use that formation but you can't say it would change nothing. Coulda lost 6-0 or maybe drew 1-1 with it. But it's definitely different.

That was the best part of the game for me.

I thought it was funny actually. Unlike a dive or complaining, that was just good lol. Alba is a fool.

Yager

Banned
that might be part of the problem.

No, that's not part of the problem. That's the main problem of this team.

When he is clearly still hurt yes. He had a negative effect tonight. He did NOTHING.

As well as every single Barça player.

People claim he should have done something. Anything would have been better than what he actually did do: nothing.

He did the same as every player: nothing.

When your only chance of scoring a goal comes from a guy like Bartra, you deserve to lose by more than 4. And I say this as a Barça supporter.

yeah, as useless messi was today, i wouldn't have taken him off either. i know it's a cliche thing to say, but he's one of those players who can have that one moment of brilliance out of nothing (see: psg at home).

When you're losing 2-0 or 3-0 and you have a player walking on the field, I don't care he can't do some brillance. You need someone fresh that can leave the skin out there. Cesc can have moments of brilliance too.

Sorry no excuse for Tito today. Also who puts Abidal over Tello? Abidal can't play and Tello is one of those guys you may need on a match like this.

Clegg

The Guardian are reporting that Rio is going to sign a year long contract extension.

His current contract expires this summer.

fuenf

Some more info on the Götze transfer:
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/b...ze-deal-fuer-bayern-werden-30121860.bild.html

Bayern apparently approached Götze in February and told him that they want him but couldnt wait until 2014 and would go for someone else instead. Their list of targets was 1) Götze 2) Neymar 3)Draxler.

Götze signed his contract (until 2017 with a salary between 10 and 12,5m) last week. They had to buy him now because the release clause had to be triggered before the 30th of April.

bud

When you're losing 2-0 or 3-0 and you have a player walking on the field, I don't care he can't do some brillance. You need someone fresh that can leave the skin out there. Cesc can have moments of brilliance too.

Sorry no excuse for Tito today. Also who puts Abidal over Tello? Abidal can't play and Tello is one of those guys you may need on a match like this.

i do agree that he should've done things in a different way, but i can understand why he didn't take off messi.

Top Bottom